All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charging $50 for that Mark I, under-sized sculpt with projectile gimmick and a Stark that doesn't really look anything like RDJ... I think I can pass on that set.

I’m beginning to wonder if a scalper has some kind of “Hammersnipe” program set up to buy up all Mysterios once they drop below a certain price on Amazon. I do have a camelcamelcamel alert set up for <$20, one day I was on my iPad when the alert came through, immediately went to buy and they were all gone... I only want one at a reasonable price dammit!

Yeah I'm unaware of any program that alerts you to a price drop, I just go there and check periodically. It does make me think there are people running over there to swipe them up, I've heard of scalpers going to physical stores and buying up all the must haves just to push the prices up locally, then returning the unsold to the store when they become more available.

I just checked Amazon, and this is what was shown for Wolverine:
Amazon Wolverine 001.jpg

But when I clicked on the link it was at $27.95, this happens all the time.

Good news for me is that Bishop was on there for $19.99 last night and I snagged one, price jumped after I did, must've got the last retail priced one.:yess:

I’m beginning to wonder if a scalper has some kind of “Hammersnipe” program set up to buy up all Mysterios once they drop below a certain price on Amazon. I do have a camelcamelcamel alert set up for <$20, one day I was on my iPad when the alert came through, immediately went to buy and they were all gone... I only want one at a reasonable price dammit!

When Mysterio was available last week during the day time he was up for about 30-40 minutes at retail. I kept refreshing the page deciding if I wanted to pick it up or not.

Lol The Armor head is way smaller than the Tony head!

:lol I noticed that in a Youtube review. I think I might actually have the original MK1, it's been awhile but I could've sworn it was made at a smaller scale, smaller than ML. Did Hasbro enlarge the original somewhat for this new release?
I do really like that suited Tony figure, the head and paint looked fantastic in that Youtube review.
I'll wait for this to go on sale, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for this.

I could not wait so I nabbed a Silver Surfer off the bay for just a bit over retail, can't wait to see it in hand.

I could not wait so I nabbed a Silver Surfer off the bay for just a bit over retail, can't wait to see it in hand.

My Walgreens have probably got 10% of the ML exclusives in the past few years

God I wish Hasbro would end their contract with WGs :pfft:

When Mysterio was available last week during the day time he was up for about 30-40 minutes at retail. I kept refreshing the page deciding if I wanted to pick it up or not.

I’m probably just being paranoid, it could well be that the time I’m referring to that there was only one available or something. I can’t believe how difficult this figure is to get, I guess there are a lot of folks out there like me who really like Mysterio!

I definitely regret not picking up Mysterio when I saw him at Walmart a few weeks ago. I carried him around for a few minutes and ultimately decided that I didn’t want to risk snowballing into having a massive collection of legends when I have no where to put them... but Mysterio has been my favorite spider villain since I was a kid.

My Walgreens have probably got 10% of the ML exclusives in the past few years

God I wish Hasbro would end their contract with WGs :pfft:

Mild rant:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I’ve been lucky in terms of finding WG exclusives near me, but I definitely feel your guy’s pain in terms of exclusives. Any toy MFR that does that annoys me on some level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mild rant:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agree with you 100%. The bigger iconic characters really should be more easily available for folks. I'm close to folding and paying $40 for stupid Walmart Thanos myself, and that sucks lol

The main FF4 shouldn't have been exclusives to any store, hopefully Thing wont be as hard to get a hold of as Surfer seems to be, and I can only imagine how in demand Dr Doom will be when Walgreens gets him eventually.

Awsome.. can't wait, but just in case I got an extra Mint Silver Surfer to trade to anyone that can land an extra mint Thing.. Offer is open until first PM :) I'd also consider trading him for a mint Reed Richards as well... PM if interested

Speaking of Surfer, anyone actually found them in stores at all? Or it is online only? Thinking about hitting Buffalo this weekend from Toronto and wonder if I should try to locate Walgreens there. Thanks.

scored @ walmart of all places
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome!
I just picked up a X-23 Wolverine there myself. They had a few of the Cull Obsidian wave (No Thor or Black Widow) and one X-Men uni Deadpool. The X-23 Wolvie was probably left because the paint isn't great, I'll keep it since it's hard to find and see if I find a better one on the peg to replace it.
Speaking of Surfer, anyone actually found them in stores at all? Or it is online only? Thinking about hitting Buffalo this weekend from Toronto and wonder if I should try to locate Walgreens there. Thanks.

Quite a few of us have found it in store. They had three at one of my Walgreen's (Kansas City) when I bought mine.

Yes plenty of surfers in the sea you just need to fish in the right spot, usually walgreens in the boonies. There is a stranger that visits this village, he comes on the king tide he brings the people fish, hit up the wallgreens near there and you will find him lol
20180907_195246.jpg

Back