All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They way Neal has his figure posed above makes me instantly hear Alan Silvestri's Cap theme in my head. :yess:

3f20287602260748b3a7eb78e70b3585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my local Target said that they have the 80th Anniversary IM and Thor in the back, but the manager said they can't be sold until the 18th....

Is that a thing?

Sorry, I don't buy a ton of Marvel Legends so I was unaware of firm release dates. Just found it weird that they said they were in-stock online, they are, in fact, in-stock at the store, but won't sell...

So my local Target said that they have the 80th Anniversary IM and Thor in the back, but the manager said they can't be sold until the 18th....

Is that a thing?

Sorry, I don't buy a ton of Marvel Legends so I was unaware of firm release dates. Just found it weird that they said they were in-stock online, they are, in fact, in-stock at the store, but won't sell...

Street dates are a real thing. However, the manager is mistaken on these. I ordered Iron Man on the Target app and already received him. I also picked up Thor at my local Target.
That being said, the registers can recognize an item with a later street date. I tried purchasing a few 4K movies last November, but the register prompted the cashier that the items couldn’t be sold until Black Friday. There was no way around it.

Street dates are a real thing. However, the manager is mistaken on these. I ordered Iron Man on the Target app and already received him. I also picked up Thor at my local Target.
That being said, the registers can recognize an item with a later street date. I tried purchasing a few 4K movies last November, but the register prompted the cashier that the items couldn’t be sold until Black Friday. There was no way around it.

Interesting... I'm assuming it wouldn't work in my favor to tell the manager that he or she is wrong about the release date but also don't want to miss out in the event that he/she ends up realizing the mistake and puts them out before then...

Thanks for the response.

Is that a thing?

8/18 is probably the set date for the new planogram for the action figure aisle. Street date toys are clearly marked on the box from the manufacturer with the street date, these don't have one. The manager was either mistaken and doesn't understand the difference, or was just kind of being a jerk. There's no reason to not have sold it to you, unless they were more concerned about the presentation of their new set over making a sale and serving guests... which is not a reason. It's likely next time you go in that manager won't be there, just ask any team member if they can pull something from the back for you and have the dpci mumber ready. Target hasn't had a policy against pulling collectibles for over 10 years, although I suppose that's ultimately up to the store team leader. If they give you guff, point out Target.com is shipping them and tell them it's a matter of "guest satisfaction". Complete garbage on their part. Good luck!

Yup ... I'll echo what others have said. If it's an actual street date, you wouldn't be able to get past the registers, anyway. Target now has it set up that the sale will be rejected. August 18th is the set date for these, and though I can understand them wanting to actually have product to put out for the reset, there's nothing stopping them from selling this stuff to you.

My first marvel legends! Super happy
ac53402747cad3added49aa3b8a20a4f.jpg
1f74d2c3a593f84fee966e9901ecabd6.jpg
e01266cf0841d9d0dafb994b2fc85f86.jpg
c0c1308d3df133fe873aeff4e3c0b4ce.jpg
261980b5b17f6156dfec7144e6f90df1.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Well those pictures sting just a bit more after reading the last few posts :lol

Thanks for all the replies Freak! :duff

Well those pictures sting just a bit more after reading the last few posts :lol

Thanks for all the replies Freak! :duff

I’d suggest going back and finding a random employee working in the toy department. Show them a stock photo of the figures in the box and ask them to retrieve them from the back. It’s easy. “I was told that y’all have these two in the stock room. Can you get them for me please? I’d like to buy both.”

Target employee came through again.showed the thor and iron man dpci and told them they had it in stock at their store.she went to the back and grabbed them for me.Love the side box art.
9a30beb6bfb3b8043f99eba0aaee60e7.jpg
a80fe239a295ca964c116192c762f4ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’d suggest going back and finding a random employee working in the toy department. Show them a stock photo of the figures in the box and ask them to retrieve them from the back. It’s easy. “I was told that y’all have these two in the stock room. Can you get them for me please? I’d like to buy both.”

That's pretty much exactly how it happened. Except it took close to 15 minutes for the guy to re-appear with that story per his manager. He said, "my manager said we can't open them up until the 18th, I don't know why. Sorry." Then walked away. Smh.

Random Target Manager: 1
SoGS: 1

:devil

20190808_135717.jpg

Went on my lunch break early and ended up with these guys and time to celebrate with a burger and shake lol. Thanks again for all the responses. Encouraged me to try again.

My first marvel legends! Super happy
ac53402747cad3added49aa3b8a20a4f.jpg
1f74d2c3a593f84fee966e9901ecabd6.jpg
e01266cf0841d9d0dafb994b2fc85f86.jpg
c0c1308d3df133fe873aeff4e3c0b4ce.jpg
261980b5b17f6156dfec7144e6f90df1.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

That's still the best armor of any Iron Man. None of the extremis movie variety armor comes close to this version. I would love to see more figures with this armor design. Imagine a NECA 1/4 scale figure of this boss style.

I’m trying to find the Walmart Exclusive 80th Anniversary Captain America. Can someone here help?

Back