All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh thanks! I thought it was like 30 on Amazon.

Product that's sold by Amazon is usually for retail, third party sellers on Amazon's Marketplace are the only ones selling things for markup over retail. When something is out of stock at Amazon, it shifts the price of the item to the lowest price from a third party seller that has it listed on Amazon.
So things come in and out of Amazon's stock frequently, best to add the items to your cart and save for later, then repeatedly check your cart to see if the price has gone back to retail.

BTW, Killmonger is two to a case, I think eventually you won't have an issue finding one, but it's available now on Amazon for retail and free Prime shipping, so go for it!

Yup that’s the one.

As much as I appreciate the convenience of having a pen that’s immediately ready to be used it can never replace the traditional paint brush for me.

The pen design isn’t really compatible with tight spots.

Don’t get me wrong the pen works as advertised I just finished my 2nd coat on a NECA Endo and it looks great but just give me the paint and i’ll use a brush of varying sizes.

Also because the NECA Endo has tight sharp edges it actually shredded the pen tip which pretty much ruins the tip because you won’t get a smooth application anymore so becareful how you use it.

Dude! That chrome pen will come in handy when NECA 1/4 scale Shredder ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup that’s the one.

As much as I appreciate the convenience of having a pen that’s immediately ready to be used it can never replace the traditional paint brush for me.

The pen design isn’t really compatible with tight spots.

Don’t get me wrong the pen works as advertised I just finished my 2nd coat on a NECA Endo and it looks great but just give me the paint and i’ll use a brush of varying sizes.

Also because the NECA Endo has tight sharp edges it actually shredded the pen tip which pretty much ruins the tip because you won’t get a smooth application anymore so becareful how you use it.

I'll have to try one of those pens myself, the results look great. How does the paint look after a clear coat?
You could try to use a brush to spread the paint into crevices before it dries, just use a cheap brush that you won't mind throwing away once you're done.

I’m doing my clear coats this coming weekend just giving everything an extra 7 days to really cure set and dry properly and I was very conservative and kept the 2 individual layers very thin.

You know how some people say they only applied one layer but that layer is 4 layers thick lol

Not me one layer means one thin application I wanted no problems with drying.

I’ll post pics after i’m done.

I only have a couple of the recent ML figures. Mysterio and Doc Ock. I love them, hoping they make The vulture, Scorpion, Rhino, Lizard the same way, like the old Spiderman cartoon from the 60's. I also have about a dozen Marvel Select figures. I am looking for a MOC Rhino that is not a knock off.

I only have a couple of the recent ML figures. Mysterio and Doc Ock. I love them, hoping they make The vulture, Scorpion, Rhino, Lizard the same way, like the old Spiderman cartoon from the 60's. I also have about a dozen Marvel Select figures. I am looking for a MOC Rhino that is not a knock off.

Considering Rhino and Lizard, were just done as BAF's in the not to distant past, ( pretty awsome one's too I might add) I wouldn't bet the house on them showing up as non BAF's anytime soon. ;-)

The new Killmonger from the M'baku BAF wave is available on Amazon right now for $15.10:
https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legen...TF8&qid=1549398255&sr=8-2&keywords=killmonger

Ordered mine last night. At two to a case this might go on deeper discount.
Vibranium Black Panther is also two to a case and I've seen him go down to $18, I'll keep waiting on that one.

While I was out on my ML hunts I did see a Marvel Select MOC Rhino at a distant FYE a few months back. I decided not to buy it because it was just too large for ML. If I see one again I'll pick it up and let you know.

The new Killmonger from the M'baku BAF wave is available on Amazon right now for $15.10:
https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legen...TF8&qid=1549398255&sr=8-2&keywords=killmonger

Ordered mine last night. At two to a case this might go on deeper discount.
Vibranium Black Panther is also two to a case and I've seen him go down to $18, I'll keep waiting on that one.

While I was out on my ML hunts I did see a Marvel Select MOC Rhino at a distant FYE a few months back. I decided not to buy it because it was just too large for ML. If I see one again I'll pick it up and let you know.

Just days after I ordered mine at full price. How annoying

It's okay, the same just happened to me a week ago on the Wasp Retro figure.

Well, I just scored a loose white 2099 Spider-Man for $8 at Disc Replay, so it evens out I guess:lol

And I just got Killmonger in today. Great figure, I just hate the gummy plastic Hasbro uses.

None of my ML are gummy.

None of my NECA are brittle.

:lol

My only bad NECA ever was the 1/4 Alien Big Chap that had the curved legs below the knee due to their factory problems that plagued that figure.

NECA DID NOT do the right thing for me and refused to replace him and it was past my return window to FYE.

Other than that i’ve had no other issues.

The worse Neca figure for me was the Chris Reeve Superman. That thing broke right out of the package. Moved the leg and it just fell off. The Adam West batman was a little better till I tried rotating the arm and it just came off in my hand. I eventually got a replacement from Neca but those two were as fragile as cardboard. Marvel Legends are usually better unless you get one with stiff joints. For me the feet are always difficult to move. I just broke a figure the other day while trying to get it to stand up. I’m usually pretty good at fixing them though.

Last edited:
Yeah, that and the Adam West Batman were pretty bad QC wise. I tried giving Superman his "flight" hands and the leg was a clean break, and Adam West fell off a table which resulted in his ankle coming off; It's a shame because they're great figures, just held back by bad plastic.

I didn't have any issues with their Batman Begins Batman or Batman 89 Batman since they seem to be made from better plastic.

I always wanted those custom metal claws for the ML Wolverines but I never got around to getting them.

I decided to just paint them metal color why not it’s super easy.

Here is their original plastic look yuck.

7EDA1C61-323B-46CD-BBBD-1A04A9674343.jpg

Here they are painted i’m super happy with the results my wife even asked if I bought a new Wolverine lol

5F7B6E24-F8F1-4D3B-BACB-A4A5AD1C3879.jpeg
405B79E7-2A81-4C24-AA0F-43DBB635FA96.jpeg
0B56867F-6A23-4A23-8ADA-6FB54235AAA8.jpg

Back