All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wanted those custom metal claws for the ML Wolverines but I never got around to getting them.

I decided to just paint them metal color why not it’s super easy.

Here is their original plastic look yuck.

Here they are painted i’m super happy with the results my wife even asked if I bought a new Wolverine lol

:lol That's not why she asked you. ;)

They do look much better, these are clear coated?
I ask because clear coat is known to knock off the shine from chrome paint.

Let me tell you in person they really pop!

I decided against clear coating them I wanted the metallic sheen to remain strong and even though they’re completely dry i’m not touching them.

When I was putting them on I had to squeeze pinch them really hard and it didn’t leave a smudge.

Let me tell you in person they really pop!

I decided against clear coating them I wanted the metallic sheen to remain strong and even though they’re completely dry i’m not touching them.

When I was putting them on I had to squeeze pinch them really hard and it didn’t leave a smudge.

Good to hear! I'll pick some up eventually, Thanks for the info!

See if you can find a block of styrofoam to stick the blades into before painting them.

You will not be able to hold them and paint at the same time you will smudge it really bad even if you try doing just one side it won’t work.

Try using a brush instead of the hard pen tip because the brush won’t have a hard enough pressure to dislodge the blades from the styrofoam base.

Last edited:
I was holding onto a block of styrofoam for painting for over a year before throwing it away a couple of weeks ago. :lol
I think I can just cut some slits into cardboard and stick them in or sandwich the blades between cardboard and clamp them down.
I'll figure something out.

I was holding onto a block of styrofoam for painting for over a year before throwing it away a couple of weeks ago. :lol
I think I can just cut some slits into cardboard and stick them in or sandwich the blades between cardboard and clamp them down.
I'll figure something out.

Actually that clamp idea sounds really good. Anything that can hold the blades tight. The slits in the carboard didn’t hold them tight.

Michaels sell small block of foam for flower arrangements that works great.

Yup that would also work.

Actually that clamp idea sounds really good. Anything that can hold the blades tight. The slits in the carboard didn’t hold them tight.

Yup that would also work.

this is what I use for painting this kinda stuff jye, works pretty well!

Foam blocks I just grabbed out of shipping boxes, with a bunch of alligator clips I bought off amazon (it was 50 clips with wires for around $10)

2574bd159d14e2423ecaaf51915a4350.jpg

That is perfect I need to do that lol

I’m so loving my new blades. I can’t believe I waited this long to do them. Actually I can believe it I am a lazy sob lol

DBED49A9-5CEF-42CA-AA42-CF0E1A8E8933.jpg
95B48AF2-5285-405A-82C9-49C34DBC4FE0.jpg

Last edited:
Molotow ONE4ALL Acrylic Paint Marker 1.5mm Metalic Silver?

Must be this right?

Thanks in advance.

Back