All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this is going to blow by the 6,000 needed very easily. This is cheaper than the MSRP for the new Optimus Prime to put it into some perspective. Obviously really expensive compared to Marvel Legends, but not so out of Hasbro's range. If you're a ML collector I'm sure there's a half dozen older figures you could sell to fund this or cut it down a lot.

I ordered 3 and if the rumors of another stimulus are true I'll grab another. I have 2 of the Toy Biz version and 2 of the earlier Hasbro versions and they display well with my 1/6 collection. I imagine this will have similar numbers to the Barge and if I need to let one go in the future then I should do well. I think he looks amazing and after seeing the Sentinel and Unicron I dare to dream of Galactus.

Fing Fang Foom is another giant HASLAB creation that would be awesome

Maybe we will see some Celestials eventually

A Fin Fang Foom that was closer to true scale would be insane but the problem with making him or the Celestials is you gotta think if it will get the backing necessary. Are they Unicron or are they Cookie Monster?

Galactus will be at the forefront in a couple years

Who knows with Disney

They turned a guy like Star Lord ( I’ve been into comics for 30 years never heard of em) into an A-list hero

Fing Fang Foom is another giant HASLAB creation that would be awesome

Maybe we will see some Celestials eventually

A Fin Fang Foom that was closer to true scale would be insane but the problem with making him or the Celestials is you gotta think if it will get the backing necessary. Are they Unicron or are they Cookie Monster?

Yeah the difference here is people will and are buying multiple Sentinels. No one really needs 2 Fing Fang Fooms. It'd be awesome for a lot of things, like Mythic Legions too and stuff, but will have way less interest in general. It'd probably struggle to make it.

$ 350 seems a bit crazy for this. I'm sure many of the details will come out soft and look like a giant plastic action figure. Lights in the eye and chest are nice, but this should've been maybe $250 tops. Matty collector did that giant 24" transforming Voltron to Lions with action figures of each pilot and a bunch of accessories and I believe that was around $300 total.

Also Jakks pacific does/did those giant figures and none were ever more than $100. I have the 31" Vader I got on clearance from target for like $20 or something. There was a costco version with a light up lightsaber and that was still way under $100. And I got my son the big Godzilla that was like $50 or so. Granted they have like no articulation though. 5POA I think is all.

Well, congrats to those that were hoping for this and are willing to buy it. I'll be looking forward to seeing all the awesome action photo's with X-Men figures. I'm just glad it wasn't a Galactus reveal, cause then I would've been in trouble. :lol

Those 30? figures are rotocast, severely limited in articulation, and have poor paint aps. Alternatively, Sideshow?s statue of a similar size ran around $1,000. You can?t fairly compare them based on size alone. Articulation costs money for each joint. Detailed paint is another cost. Shipping is free on this and likely a $50+ value there. The sail barge is over $100 to ship alone so shipping a large item for free is a decent chunk of the cost factor. It?s not the deal of the century by any means but it?s not a complete rip off either. It?s a fair price, probably even more so after the three stretch goals are unlocked.

Sentinel is the size of Sideshows Maquette

It was suppose to be 31 inches

But it’s 28 with the 2 inch base

The volume is definitely the same as Haslabs creation

Much cheaper much more durable

Hopefully Hasbro sticks to their word when they say quality deco / paint

6M2NA0V.jpg

The Sail Barge was their most complexly painted item until the Boba Fett helmet and it turned out just fine. I have no concerns with the paint on the sentinel. My only worry is the strength of the joints - particularly the hips. This will be a solid heavy figure so I hope the joints are up to snuff.

Why the heck is the Sentinel $499.99 on BBTS?!
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/130111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS is buying these as the same $350+ tax as everyone else. They have to mark it up for a profit. Haslab doesn’t ship outside the USA so at $500 this may be the cheapest option for some international collectors. This will likely go for $1000+ after its no longer available. Sentinels always go up in value and this one probably even more so.

I have 4 of the Toy Biz BAF Sentinels and 1 Hasbro Days of Future Past Sentinel. Why the heck am I so tempted to get 2 of these? Am I insane? I have kids to provide for...

I truly love the ‘why not’ mentality we are seeing from so many companies these days. The scale of this is just astonishing. I’m glad these risks are working out for companies so they’ll keep doing them.

The Haslab version should have been that height.

His legs are bent there.

Straighten them up and he will definitely be taller than the Haslab.

What did you say his height was, 36-40.

27.5 inches

His forehead is unusually big

UOrgE5U.jpg

It’s basically what we can expect from Hasbro

Back