All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a interesting hunt this weekend.
I checked 4 Walgreens hoping to find a Magik with no luck. I did see every other exclusive on the pegs including 2 Silver Surfers and 5 Things, and a ton of General Veers, they're EVERYWHERE!

I also Checked a Target, no Gamorian Guards but I did find one Leia with poor paint, picked it up anyways hoping to exchange if I can find one with better paint later.
The one Walmart had a Avengers Thor, I thought about picking it up thinking someone here might want it but DAMN, that head was BAAAAAD! The head was malformed, almost flat on the left side of the face and the paint was forced onto it trying to make it look somewhat human. Nope left it on the peg.

And then there's the Walmart that I need to wear body armor and arm myself to go into. I braved it having looked on Bricklink before I left seeing that they supposedly had the Walmart Excl. Thanos there. I had done this before and when I went to the store they had none, I even asked the department clerk to check with no luck. But low and behold... They had Thanos there, 9 of them. And sure enough when I scanned it it came up $5.
So I bought two. One I'm keeping but the other is available for a member here that needs it. PM me if you're interested.

I had a interesting hunt this weekend.
I checked 4 Walgreens hoping to find a Magik with no luck. I did see every other exclusive on the pegs including 2 Silver Surfers and 5 Things, and a ton of General Veers, they're EVERYWHERE!

I also Checked a Target, no Gamorian Guards but I did find one Leia with poor paint, picked it up anyways hoping to exchange if I can find one with better paint later.
The one Walmart had a Avengers Thor, I thought about picking it up thinking someone here might want it but DAMN, that head was BAAAAAD! The head was malformed, almost flat on the left side of the face and the paint was forced onto it trying to make it look somewhat human. Nope left it on the peg.

And then there's the Walmart that I need to wear body armor and arm myself to go into. I braved it having looked on Bricklink before I left seeing that they supposedly had the Walmart Excl. Thanos there. I had done this before and when I went to the store they had none, I even asked the department clerk to check with no luck. But low and behold... They had Thanos there, 9 of them. And sure enough when I scanned it it came up $5.
So I bought two. One I'm keeping but the other is available for a member here that needs it. PM me if you're interested.

My local Walgreens had four Magiks yesterday when I picked up some meds for my kid if you want me to check for you.

And then there's the Walmart that I need to wear body armor and arm myself to go into. I braved it...
LOL! This part of your story reminds me of a dangerous Walmart in my area. A police friend advised me to never go there. He said they have more 911 calls than any other store in the city.
One time while in the checkout line at another local Walmart, I was explaining to a little old lady in a motorized cart about how happy I was to find a particular Marvel Legends figure at the dangerous Walmart. She said, “You went to that Walmart?! I wouldn’t go to that Walmart with a gun and a posse!”[emoji23]

Mysterio was out of stock on Amazon but they let me order one and will ship it when it comes in. I don't recall ever having this option in the past. Either they have it or they don't. Guess i'll wait and see.

The new ML Venom is superb, however the MS Venom is the quintessential version, IMO. (Or, the Spider-Man classics Venom, the one with the button on its back.)

(Or, the Spider-Man classics Venom, the one with the button on its back.)

I freaking love that classics Venom. His bottom jaw and tongue are so long and he has so much green drool. One thing that I don’t like about the new ML Venom is the lack of green drool. A couple of years ago, I picked up a Hasbro ML Venom from another series that came with a build-a-fig head of Absorbing Man, maybe?... Anyway, he has green drool on his tongue. I really like that one too, but I think the newest one is a reissue without the green drool, but with Eddie Brock’s sculpt.

I freaking love that classics Venom. His bottom jaw and tongue are so long and he has so much green drool. One thing that I don’t like about the new ML Venom is the lack of green drool. A couple of years ago, I picked up a Hasbro ML Venom from another series that came with a build-a-fig head of Absorbing Man, maybe?... Anyway, he has green drool on his tongue. I really like that one too, but I think the newest one is a reissue without the green drool, but with Eddie Brock’s sculpt.

Yup, it's the same Venom rereleased without the green drools. Each of the heads represent a different artist style of Venom.

Yup, it's the same Venom rereleased without the green drools. Each of the heads represent a different artist style of Venom.

That needs to be highlighted because both Venom mask heads on the 2 recent ML Venom releases are sculpted differently. Overall the whole head is the same, but the wrinkles in the mask are missing on the Venom without tongue release to make it look more like McFarlane's version.

The Mafex Comic release might just be the best version yet and may work with the ML version depending on the size of the figure. Wait and see.

That needs to be highlighted because both Venom mask heads on the 2 recent ML Venom releases are sculpted differently. Overall the whole head is the same, but the wrinkles in the mask are missing on the Venom without tongue release to make it look more like McFarlane's version.

The Mafex Comic release might just be the best version yet and may work with the ML version depending on the size of the figure. Wait and see.

I have the Mafex 90s Spidey preordered. I’m eyeballing that Venom too... I’m torn though, as these are my two favorite Venom covers, and they can’t be recreated with the included head sculpts:
fb51beec7d013ca3354d3fafcda89262.jpg
fddff89868d312c365a40ee62e326844.jpg

D'oh I forgot about the TB Icons Venom, that big Venom is also bada$$.

Back