All things Marvel Legends/Marvel Select/Marvel Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watermarked22018-02-18-1243.jpg

I like everything about MS figures except the head sculpts are killing me

Looks like a good Beast figure, though I still like the ToyBiz ML Beast..

I’ll be sad to see TRU go for a few reasons. As a collector it’s been my main source for NECA figures. Since quality can range so greatly with paint on those, I’ve always preferred to pick them in hand. Hasbro quality is much better these days, so buying online is ok, but still.. The joy of walking into a toy store and finding something you’re looking for on the shelf is a special thing for me.

Really the main reason though is because I get a lot of joy taking my daughter there and seeing her run around and get so excited. Its like a little bonding place for just us. Target, etc... just dont cut it in that regard. I still miss KB Toys a lot too :.(

Yeah no doubt while online is certainly convenient in our busy lives I have great fond memories of buying action figures and videogame consoles and games at the brick and mortors.

I remember back in the day of toybiz marvel legends of getting to TRU early in the morning and almost getting into fist fights with other collectors over Dark Phoenix l, mask less Wolverine and brown pants Cable. Man, those were the days.

Yeah obviously the company simply can’t compete at the output level against Hasbro but we’re lucky they exist.

I believe they’ve released around 155 superhero figures so far.

What I've heard and I don't know it's true, is that Marvel Select is limited by contract to only make so many figures a year as to not step on Hasbro's toes. So they literally can't compete.
That Colossus is amazing and looks to be about in scale with ML too, better than any ML version so far.

What I've heard and I don't know it's true, is that Marvel Select is limited by contract to only make so many figures a year as to not step on Hasbro's toes. So they literally can't compete.
That Colossus is amazing and looks to be about in scale with ML too, better than any ML version so far.

Oh ok that makes sense then.

Regarding MS Colossus in hand he’s way too tall to scale with ML but he’s my favorite Colossus action figure that’s for certain.

yes that is true.

Oh ok that makes sense then.

Regarding MS Colossus in hand he’s way too tall to scale with ML but he’s my favorite Colossus action figure that’s for certain.

Thats the only thing thats held me back from getting the figure so far. But now that I’ve embraced Select Hulks into my collection, im starting to be ok with the bigger characters being larger than ML scale. The regular sized select figures will never mix with ML for me though.

Yeah very true they will never correctly scale together but I have to say that MS has delivered the best Hulk, Colossus, Juggernaut, Abomination, Sabretooth, Destroyer, Thanos and Winter Soldier and it looks like they may do the same for Black Panther this very month.

Scale or no scale those are absolute must owns in my book.

He does look great. I wish MS were in scale with Legends, because I would have quite a few by now!

I found an Infinity War Iron Man this week but sadly his torso has some pretty nasty gouges in the plastic. Of course the helmet, arms and legs are fine :lol Thanks Hasbro. Also picked up Netflix Daredevil for $10 and despite his head being a bit too round, there is something I love about this figure.

26817997308_921ec8ec2d_b.jpg[RESIZE][/RESIZE]

26817997208_945637f4fd_b.jpg

38878403770_923212bf99_b.jpg

38878403270_fd880d0ac2_b.jpg

He does look great. I wish MS were in scale with Legends, because I would have quite a few by now!

I found an Infinity War Iron Man this week but sadly his torso has some pretty nasty gouges in the plastic. Of course the helmet, arms and legs are fine :lol Thanks Hasbro. Also picked up Netflix Daredevil for $10 and despite his head being a bit too round, there is something I love about this figure.

View attachment 398810[RESIZE][/RESIZE]

View attachment 398811

View attachment 398812

View attachment 398813

Cool pics! Honestly the entire netflix ML wave is a big win in my book, all the figures are very well done. Plus we got the best version of Bullseye, and a really sick Blade figure!

I agree but I also have no need for a Jessica Jones action figure and I like her series lol

Regarding Blade Snipes ruined it for me I prefer him over any comic design.

HT Blade was my favorite HT.

View attachment 398810[RESIZE][/RESIZE]

View attachment 398811

View attachment 398812

View attachment 398813

You've sold me on the Daredevil too. I was waiting for the Select version for ages but it turned out pretty bad. One leg being miles shorter than the other is hard to unsee. Plus I don't know wtf is up with his stubble smears.

The Mezco One12 one looks pretty cool but I've not had a fabric figure that size before. Do the suits stretch like Hot Toys do? (A Neca 1/4 version would be ideal lol)

I agree but I also have no need for a Jessica Jones action figure and I like her series lol

Regarding Blade Snipes ruined it for me I prefer him over any comic design.

HT Blade was my favorite HT.

HT Blade was legendary - I had to sell mine, but the prices people were paying on ebay at the time made me not miss it so much lol

I like that ML Daredevil, a nicely executed figure.

(Though, if the HT's version had the ML's proportions, it'd be better I think.)

its really not, the mask is early in season ver painted to looks as tho its the final mask. the proportions are a mess, has tiny legs and monkey arms. hates it so much lol. the smile makes many poses look silly. have it and try to ignore. great pics! but yeah IMO stay away from that crap. get select or wait on mezco.

I picked up the ML Netflix Daredevil figure for $15 on Amazon awhile back, love it. The ML version is from the end of season one, the MS version is from season two onwards. Despite that I prefer the actual season two costume, the Marvel Legends version just overall looks better of the two figures. The detail in the outfit is incredible, and I lucked out with the paint too as I've seen them on the pegs with worse paint.

I've struggled to get through the series. I liked the first couple of episodes and then it became a slog, it started to get better when it focused on Purple Man, but I just lost interest to try and finish the series, I still have a couple of episodes to go.
I still bought the Jessica Jones figure on sale because it just looks incredible. Of all my recent ML figures (past couple of months) I find I pose that one the most.

I visited my local TRU on Saturday, they had a buy one get one 40% off sale on Marvel Legends, so I picked up Moon Knight and the Homemade Suit Spider-Man, Only had time to open Spidey, such a fun figure to pose! I only wish he had wall crawling hands.

Latest posts

Back