All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched it myself...and damn is that movie going to kick major ass. I think I'm looking forward to this movie more than any other coming out this summer/fall. :rock :rock :rock :rock

I'd have to agree - Batman still reigns, but my anticipation is higher for Hellboy than for Iron Man or Hulk. It looks like imagination run wild.

The first animated movie was decent, the second was quite good, IMO. Don't expect to be blown away by the animation. but the voice cast is excellent as it's mostly the live action actors. And if anyone is worried about Doug Jones performing Abe's voice, you're worries will be gone about 2 minutes into either one of these. He's excellent.

there was no one else who could of done hellboy better than Ron Pearlman , his voice and look is fantastic for the role.

I'm still disappointed The Amazing Screw-On Head was never picked up. That one episode was great. And better than the Hellboy animated movies, IMO.

the main thing that bothered me about the animated HB's was the animation style. Looked too disney to me.
the style of Amzing Screw on Head nailed it. HB shouldve used the same style ... :monkey1

Just out of curiosity...

What did you guys think about the music score for the two animated movies?

For those interested in the Mezco figures. Toys R Us will be carrying them. The package will have 'HB' on it instead of Hellboy.

the main thing that bothered me about the animated HB's was the animation style. Looked too disney to me.
the style of Amzing Screw on Head nailed it. HB shouldve used the same style ... :monkey1

Totally agree. Or atleast something more gritty.

Anyone seen the Hellboy animated movie Blood & Iron? How is it?

I enjoyed both movies but IMO you should watch them in the reverse order that they were released, Blood and Iron first and then Sword of Storms.

The one nice touch about the animated movies is how they were able to put in a few comic book nods' in each movie. The "Heads" one is awesome. :rock I never thought I'd ever see that story animated. :)

the style of Amazing Screw on Head nailed it. HBO shouldve used the same style ... :monkey1

You can blame Mignola himself then cause he purposely wanted animation that didn't look like his artwork.

The reason being that he didn't want people to get confused and think that the cartoon was "offical" cannon. In other words, he wanted the animation to exist in it's own "Hellboy universe" and not be connected to either the comic or the movie. If he had used a Mignola-style animation he thought it would confuse the fans.

I'm rather pissed that there won't be a third movie. I really wanted to see Lobster Johnson get animated. :( The teaser at the end of the second movie got me so excited.

Forgot to post pics of the Hellboy bust I got awhile back. I think it looks amazing with the Electric Tiki statue. :rock :rock

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

You can blame Mignola himself then cause he purposely wanted animation that didn't look like his artwork.

The reason being that he didn't want people to get confused and think that the cartoon was "offical" cannon. In other words, he wanted the animation to exist in it's own "Hellboy universe" and not be connected to either the comic or the movie. If he had used a Mignola-style animation he thought it would confuse the fans.

I'm rather pissed that there won't be a third movie. I really wanted to see Lobster Johnson get animated. :( The teaser at the end of the second movie got me so excited.

That's not excactly true. Its because Mignola HATES seeing his work in amnimaed form. He walked out of Amazing Screwed on Head because he just could not stand looking at it. That's the reason for the change.

As far as the third movie, I beleved it to be in porduction and was going to be released to coinside with the Golden Army release.

That's not excactly true. Its because Mignola HATES seeing his work in amnimaed form. He walked out of Amazing Screwed on Head because he just could not stand looking at it. That's the reason for the change.

As far as the third movie, I beleved it to be in porduction and was going to be released to coinside with the Golden Army release.

A bit off topic but I think that Disney's Atlantis is a good compromise between Mignola's artwork and what looks good animated. It's actually a pretty good movie too. Being an illustrator myself I kind of understand how Mignola feels. I am far more entertained by people doing their own completely different take on my artwork (or even other's artwork) rather than just emulating it.

I actually really like the look of the Hellboy animated stuff.

Back