All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy that Del Toro sure knows how to spread himself thin:

Guillermo Del Toro to Direct Animated "Trollhunters"
Posted: September 27th, 2010 by WorstPreviews.com Staff

Guillermo Del Toro has decided to make DreamWorks Animation his home for animated projects, and has already signed on to write and direct "Trollhunters" for the studio. The new movie is based on a young-adult book Del Toro is having published.

"I wanted very much to develop a story that could be written for kids but dealt with a genre that was scary," he said. "It essentially combines fairy tales with modern times and is about how difficult it is to be kid. Normally, kids are idealized in animated films. But the growing pains, married with the notion that there is a world right next to us that is completely plagued by creatures of ancient lore, it's thematically fitting with the rest of my stuff."

Del Toro has already started writing "Trollhunters" and plans on finishing it before he shoots "At the Mountains of Madness," which he's meeting with Universal Pictures about in three weeks to present a budget, art and maquettes.

I thought that he was going to produce movies like this with Disney called "Double Dare"?

Wonder when he is going to have time to write that Haunted Mansion film as well?

This is my HellBoy haul for the day.

HellBoy.jpg

I've GOT to catch up on those volumes! Just too good to pass up. Hmmm, X-mas is coming....

More bad news about Hellboy 3. Seems Doug Jones was recently interviewed and was asked about the status of Hellboy 3. Here's what he said.

"I'm not an authority on this issue, but it doesn't sound like it [will happen] from everyone that I've asked."

Thanks Abe. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I've GOT to catch up on those volumes! Just too good to pass up. Hmmm, X-mas is coming....

More bad news about Hellboy 3. Seems Doug Jones was recently interviewed and was asked about the status of Hellboy 3. Here's what he said.

"I'm not an authority on this issue, but it doesn't sound like it [will happen] from everyone that I've asked."

Thanks Abe. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

The very faint silver lining - GDT will personally tell you the story of HB3 if you ask him.

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/09/30/guillermo-del-toro-hellboy-3-movie/

And he's the kind of guy that actually will make good on that.

So according to the link, Hellboy 3, the film not the campfire story, is officially dead. GDT says in the video portion that "I can't see a Hellboy3...(being made)" due to not wanting to argue with the creator, Mike Mignola.

So.. GDT promises to tell anyone who asks him what the story is in two minutes if you ask him... as a sort of "consolation prize", eh?

Great. He was in town last month pushing his book. I could have used this infomation then. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Thanx Mike! :gah: :gah: :gah:

Got this from some friends for Christmas. :rock

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

My friend had it signed by Guillermo del Toro and inscribed to me. :D

Nice Jen!!! I still want the limited edition set :angelsmil

That limited edition set does look sweet. I don't even think I've ever seen one on eBay. Good luck on the search - if I ever come across one, I'll let you know. :)

I am going to be getting the Hellboy 1 PF. That's about all the Hellboy news I have.

Sweet! :rock My favorite Hellboy PF. :D

My first forum contribution :clap

Well I love Hellboy, I have some items and more will follow!
One of my favorite Hellboy items is my Toothfairy maquette (so deadly but cute :p)

And for the moment this is my masterpiece in my Hellboy collection
2rcc31i.jpg

And one off my all time holy grails to get my hands on is the
Faux-bronze Hellboy Bust from sideshow!
Greetings Kristof

Back