All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who here actually reads the comics? Seems like there are just a lot of fans of the movie in this thread... maybe I'm wrong :angelsmil

I know it sucks to say this...but I found all the comics online after watching the first movie. Easy access for the newbie to the HB world.

There's nothing wrong with that. Same with me. I would hope that fans from before the movie came out won't turn up their noses at newbies. We're all part of the same family, so to speak.

Mezco's figures are responsible for me getting into Hellboy, I saw them hanging on the pegs at Suncoast and absolutely loved the look of Hellboy. Great character design, and top notch figure design. So I bought him and looked up more info about the character and then picked up the first trade the next day. I devoured it and bought the next one and then the next...I think I read the first 3 books before the movie was released.

I liked the movie, but there was definitely something lacking from the book. I eventually just held on to the idea that they're different interpretations and can both coexist and they don't have to compete, and that made me appreciate both movies much more.

Since then I've read every Hellboy and BPRD related book, own all the trades and have started to get the library editions(man, these are nice).

Another SDCC Exclusive from Mezco Toyz is the 18" Abe Sapien from Hellboy II. While your first chance to get this was at SDCC, you can still pick him up at the Mezco site, and he does look terrific with the earlier 18" movie Hellboy. Of course, he's got a few issues, not the least of which is the price tag, but the Hellboy fans should check him out.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I think over time the price on the 18" Abe will plummet. I'll just wait a bit and snag it at a discounted price. I am in no rush to add it to my collection :cool:

Michael, you're not kidding - we are definitely spoiled with Hot Toys. I'm looking at my Hot toys figure right now and the Mezco figure PALES in comparison!

Yeah, that's the other thing. I'm making do with my Sideshow Abe at the moment, but I'd much rather spend $150 on the HT Abe than buy the 18" Abe for $70+ Mezco's rather expensive shipping and handling.

Yeah, this seems like a product aimed at people that really like the 1/4 pieces. While nice, the HT version is just so much nicer looking that its not even funny. But of course it's also 2x the price.

I just got this custom in the mail today from DESIGNHIJINX.COM

hellboy.jpg

I also received the MEZCO Hellboy and Abe movie MEZ ITZ.

Bringing the thread back from the dead!!! The lack of Hellboy news is rather saddening. Looking forward to Wild Hunt #6 on September 9th :rock

Bringing the thread back from the dead!!! The lack of Hellboy news is rather saddening. Looking forward to Wild Hunt #6 on September 9th :rock

It's not news, but I am finally aquiring the second Hellboy PF statue tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, because I have been wanting this one for a long time.

Now I just need to aquire both the Samaritan and Big Baby 1:1 replicas.:naughty

Im really sad Hot Toys stopped at Red and Blue. Prince Nuada would have been an amazing figure. They could have used the new skinny body with white hands and a nice head sculpt. Would have sold. I've been kicking around the idea of doing my own. Anyone else tried yet? If it wasn't for all the time I lose at that damn job of mine! Maybe I should quit so I can start the project.

Im really sad Hot Toys stopped at Red and Blue. Prince Nuada would have been an amazing figure. They could have used the new skinny body with white hands and a nice head sculpt. Would have sold. I've been kicking around the idea of doing my own. Anyone else tried yet? If it wasn't for all the time I lose at that damn job of mine! Maybe I should quit so I can start the project.

I wonder if the Tom Cruise TT head could be used for a Prince Nuada? It just needs ears, hair and a repaint.... The clothing would be a bit more difficult to come up with though.

I wish they would have done a Liz or a Johann... to be honest, I wish they did both. I bet a custom Roger wouldn't be all that tough to do? Any thoughts?

Back