All Things ANIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of you are into crazy gory violent type samurai anime, you should check this one out. Probably the bloodiest, and most disturbing samurai cartoon I've ever seen. Artwork in every episode is very detailed, consistent and pretty amazing . Warning, nudity and extreme violence. I would suggest kids under 16 years of age do not watch. It's called Shigurui.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt34F9TDZGw[/ame]

Last edited:
Here is another one that's really good. It's pretty old but it's one of my favorite action type animes. It's not samurai based but it's still pretty awesome. They are re-releasing it with all new artwork into 3 movies. It's called Berserk.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8Goba__78[/ame]

If any of you are into crazy gory violent type samurai anime, you should check this one out. Probably the bloodiest, and most disturbing samurai cartoon I've ever seen. Artwork in every episode is very detailed, consistent and pretty amazing . Warning, nudity and extreme violence. I would suggest kids under 16 years of age do not watch. It's called Shigurui.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt34F9TDZGw

Saw a few eps on Netflix. Indeed it's pretty gory. The art work is beautifully done. I need to finish the rest of the series.

Saw a few eps on Netflix. Indeed it's pretty gory. The art work is beautifully done. I need to finish the rest of the series.

You will pretty fast. There aren't that many episodes(only 12 I think). Unfortunately, some have been saying that the anime episodes only cover about 30% of the entire manga series. So you will be left hanging a little bit in the end.

hmm, im all about samurai stuff...i'lll have to give this one a try as well.

Let me know what you guys think if guys ever finish the series. It hooked me pretty quick. I literally finished the whole series in one day watching it on youtube.

Speaking of samurais, just order Samurai Girls on Blu along with a couple of others.

From the reviews not so gory but alot of fan service. :lol

I've got that on Blu-Ray.
Got it last Christmas & I still haven't sat down to watch it.

Looks great from the trailers.

Neil

Urm yes please! Im soo sick of this girly kiddy stuff they call anime nowadays.

What happened to stuff like Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Cowboy Bebop. The stuff that go me into anime? If anyone can give me names of stuff like this, i will love you forever!

p.s I cant belive they're finally making more Berserk :hi5: i always wanted to know what happened. Also when the hell does Evangelion 3.0 come out!!!:mad:

What happened to stuff like Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Cowboy Bebop. The stuff that go me into anime? If anyone can give me names of stuff like this, i will love you forever!

p.s I cant belive they're finally making more Berserk :hi5: i always wanted to know what happened. Also when the hell does Evangelion 3.0 come out!!!:mad:

Depends on what sort of things you want but there is still a fair amount of grown up Anime & I'd recommend these...

Elfen Lied
Gantz
High School of the Dead
Paranoia Agent
Death Note
Tokko
Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne (More hentai than anything though)
Wicked City
Crying Freeman

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but there are loads loads more.

Neil

Here are some more pretty good action type anime that you should checkout if you haven't already:

Battle Angel Alita(James Cameron is thinking of doing a movie on it)
Ninja Scroll(Movie)(one of my favorites)
Afro Samurai
Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust-(Movie)
Karas(Probably some of the best action scenes you will ever see in an anime movie, but the story is a little confusing)(2 movies)

I'm also glad that they are finally going to set the record straight with berserk and not leave us hanging this time. Can't wait for the new movies to come out. There is nothing I hate more than an ending to a great anime series that leaves you hanging with no real closure. Unfortunately, this seems to be the trend with japanese anime.

Last edited:

If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend Claymore highly enough. Someone also mention Highschool of the Dead which as another highly recommended anime. In fact it and Claymore are tied as my #3 favorite animes. They are both on Netflix streaming. Also Samurai Champloo is another great one.

If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend Claymore highly enough. Someone also mention Highschool of the Dead which as another highly recommended anime. In fact it and Claymore are tied as my #3 favorite animes. They are both on Netflix streaming. Also Samurai Champloo is another great one.

With regards to claymore, Does it leave you hanging or is there closure and a good ending?

With regards to claymore, Does it leave you hanging or is there closure and a good ending?

It's differs than the manga. The manga is still ongoing. The anime up untill the last 4 or so ep are pretty faithful to the manga. That being said there are a few things that wish were expanded on or explained in more detail but overall the ending was okand there is some resolve but it could have gone into more detail or better yet, stayed true to the manga and make a 2nd season. It's actually the lack of explaination on certain things that keeps this from replacing Trigun as my 2nd fave anime. I still say give it a chance. While I'll be the first to admit the ending is lackluster, it's still a fantastic anime. I really hope it get's redone someday to include what going on in the manga currently.

Back