All new P2 from Hot Toys mods please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, for anyone who would make that neck mod - i just checked that there is no need to do it that complex way.
just cut the neck, drill a hole with 11-millimeter drill (true for falconer ball joint), stuff the head with anyting like a paper napkin pieces to prevent the ball from falling into the head, make a cone to fit the neck and that's all. works perfect. would post pics of falconer if anyone's interested.

here you go.

1. cut the neck up to the chin.

01-cuttheneck_zps7dd57215.jpg~original

2. drill a hole same diameter with the ball joint. soft plastic will shrink the hole later and hold the ball. i didn't check if all tsang ball joints have the same diameter yet.

02-drillahole_zpsda16cd9d.jpg~original

3. make a cone shape so that the neck itself will fit into the head.
there was a cone hole there originally, you cut it away on step 1.

03-makeacone_zps837ac3e6.jpg~original

4. the head is empty inside, stuff it with anything light. i took a paper napkin, tore it into pieces and put there. that prevents the ball joint to fall into the head and stay there forever.
just remember to stuff the surrounding area but leave place for a joint to go deep inside. using paper it's easily adjusted.

04-stuffthehead_zps0685424b.jpg~original

5. result. i also left his head lying on a shelf with wide-spread tentacles for a night, now they can lie on his shoulders, covering the neck even more, though it is incorrect if to follow the movie.

05-resultfront_zpsf5f26ee5.jpg~original

06-resultside_zpsfc0d0339.jpg~original

6. movie neck versus stock neck.

MrPlow%20(3).jpg

med_gallery_4126_182_284812.jpg

FalconerKNB.jpg

20100730_7e3868896ef971828425zUgofW8qAO1T.jpg

Predators_FalconerPredator_PR11.jpg

movie neck is even shorter than mine and a lot shorter than tsang's.

i post it here because a) it works for any predator and b) falconer predator is considered a statue by moderators and stays in statues branch where i never go.

Why do Hot Toys and other 1/6 companies give their figures giraffe neck syndrome? I never noticed it but now that I see it I can't unsee it.

Why do Hot Toys and other 1/6 companies give their figures giraffe neck syndrome? I never noticed it but now that I see it I can't unsee it.
hot toys also shrink them greatly (concerning predators).
they should be a lot bigger.
neca does good neck lengths, though all their up body halves are in smaller scale than lower halves.

Yeah I know. I've debated sculpting a bigger head but don't think it would turn out that great. I'm surprised no one else has tried. Neca does do a good job with head size. Heh this is starting to sound dirty.

Yeah I know. I've debated sculpting a bigger head but don't think it would turn out that great. I'm surprised no one else has tried. Neca does do a good job with head size. Heh this is starting to sound dirty.

But Neca's P2 bio is inaccurate. Right now only taylerdurdem P2 mask is the most movie accurate. Pretty much spot on.

Last edited:
Back