Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay MA = Movies Anywhere App.

Just downloaded the app, purchased Alita, synced it to my Xfinity account and now I have FULL FRAME IMAX ON MY BIG SCREEN TV!!!!!

:panic: :panic: :panic:

View attachment 460745

1080p not 4K but just like Harmy SW I don't care this is the version I saw in theaters and will be the ONLY way I watch it at home! :rock
So, you won't watch 3D?

Glad you found it, I tried to post the comparison pics so many times

Edit... I wonder if Alita is streamed through comcast Movies Anywhere, from the copy you get with the digital code. If it will appear with IMAX ratio?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The switching aspect ratios can be jarring for sure depending how it is handled. 4K does look awesome no doubt but 1080p is no slouch either. I love the harmy star wars trilogy and that's only 720p so they can still look on these newer displays.

Absolutely!

I'm watching Last Starfighter on blu ray right now. Looks good on the 4k tv. The computer effects are obvious but they always stood out but I still like the ship design and enjoy the movie.

Funny we were just talking about that film in the Matrix anniversary thread. I haven't watched it in ages and my only viewings of it back in the 80's would have been P&S VHS.

So, you won't watch 3D?

Glad you found it, I tried to post the comparison pics so many times

Edit... I wonder if Alita is streamed through comcast Movies Anywhere, from the copy you get with the digital code. If it will appear with IMAX ratio?

I only watch movies on my larger 4K set so no, no 3D for me. Which on one hand is a bummer since the 3D for Alita in the theater was spectacular. Of course my dream would be IMAX + 4K + 3D but that obviously isn't happening any time soon, lol.

But even with 3D I just can't accept losing that much of the image. And the Xfinity Open Matte version was being reported to actually show even *more* than IMAX and based on what I just watched those reports appear to be correct. Note that the upper right and bottom left screenshots show more than the IMAX image in the bottom right. And then farther below is a pic of that same shot on my actual TV and it does line up with those two images that are even more expanded than IMAX.

D_aimOIW4AAPDsP.jpg:large

D_akWDzXkAAV18X.jpg:large

Screw that upper left image, lol.

I only watch movies on my larger 4K set so no, no 3D for me. Which on one hand is a bummer since the 3D for Alita in the theater was spectacular. Of course my dream would be IMAX + 4K + 3D but that obviously isn't happening any time soon, lol.

But even with 3D I just can't accept losing that much of the image. And the Xfinity Open Matte version was being reported to actually show even *more* than IMAX and based on what I just watched those reports appear to be correct. Note that the upper right and bottom left screenshots show more than the IMAX image in the bottom right. And then farther below is a pic of that same shot on my actual TV and it does line up with those two images that are even more expanded than IMAX.

D_aimOIW4AAPDsP.jpg:large

D_akWDzXkAAV18X.jpg:large

Screw that upper left image, lol.
Wow! Didn't realize they would tailor make a version for Xfinity that would show even more than the IMAX! Hard to believe they would do that, since that's more money that would go to CG. Incredible!

Wow! Didn't realize they would tailor make a version for Xfinity that would show even more than the IMAX! Hard to believe they would do that, since that's more money that would go to CG. Incredible!

I have a feeling that the open matte version is what will be shown on Disney+ in November. It sucks that they didn't include it on the discs.

I was really impressed with the Alita character. I thought Rosa Salazar did a great job, I'm not sure what extent she was involved if it was mocap, or just voice acting or what, but all involved did a great job bringing that character to life.

I was a bit thrown by the 'rollerball' plot line. I thought the plot overall was a bit cliche but I would like to see where the story goes in future installments but it looks like that won't happen

I was really impressed with the Alita character. I thought Rosa Salazar did a great job, I'm not sure what extent she was involved if it was mocap, or just voice acting or what, but all involved did a great job bringing that character to life.

I was a bit thrown by the 'rollerball' plot line. I thought the plot overall was a bit cliche but I would like to see where the story goes in future installments but it looks like that won't happen

Full mo-cap, she was on set acting out the character with the other actors.

I am hopeful that the movies impact on video will be big enough to continue the story

Bought this on a blind buy, 4k and 3D combo. What a wonderful movie, there's so much genuine heart in it I was kind of taken aback. Both the 3D and 4k are standout presentations to boot. Really hope that they get to continue the story.

Was able to track down a way to secure the steelbook. Super excited to get this one as I thought I was going to miss this one for sure.

I saw it tonight, it's good but there are a lot of things holding it back from being great.
The stupid big anime eye thing looked fake and distracting as hell. I know the robots in the flashbacks had them but it seemed so strange that she had anime eyes and no one else. And her character seemed far too developed for having just been revived, I like the character but she developed too quickly.
The rest of the movie is great, all the other CGI effects looked good, the camera movement wasn't too obnoxious, great action, I liked all the other characters, and the story was a good adaption. However, Alita is the core of the movie and I have an issue with how she was portrayed.
I know I liked the Anime more, but I haven't seen it in quite some time, it's on VHS and I no longer have a player.
I'm going to give it another watch before the rental is up and see if it improves.

I saw it tonight, it's good but there are a lot of things holding it back from being great.
The stupid big anime eye thing looked fake and distracting as hell. I know the robots in the flashbacks had them but it seemed so strange that she had anime eyes and no one else. And her character seemed far too developed for having just been revived, I like the character but she developed too quickly.
The rest of the movie is great, all the other CGI effects looked good, the camera movement wasn't too obnoxious, great action, I liked all the other characters, and the story was a good adaption. However, Alita is the core of the movie and I have an issue with how she was portrayed.
I know I liked the Anime more, but I haven't seen it in quite some time, it's on VHS and I no longer have a player.
I'm going to give it another watch before the rental is up and see if it improves.

That's fair enough, you don't have to like the film :wave

For me it's just a great looking, fun take on the story and I can't wait for the prime 1 statue. As for her eyes, I thought that was jarring in the first trailer but it was toned down for the final release and I get why they did it, it's a lovely homage to manga/anime and unfortunately a one off film I reckon

Back