Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw it in IMAX 3D last night, and I just kept thinking "damn I love this movie" the entire time i was watching. It's nothing new story wise, but the movie is just so well done and fun to watch. Cant wait to see what happens in the next installment!
Me too! The whole time I was just in sci-fi heaven. Hopefully it does well enough to warrant a sequel.

The only problem with word of mouth is that Dragons opens next week, and Captain Marvel is soon after that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good movie, very unique. Alita herself was very like able. The world had a good feel to it too, I just wish the bad guys were better. The big dude could have been epic with a cool helmet or something other than what they did. He came across as such an idiot. Main black guy and the mom were very meh too. Good guys were great though, good chemistry. Loved the ending too.

I loved this movie. Loads of fun, easy to follow action that doesn’t looks amazing. Alita was adorable too - I want a 7” figure of her from MAFEX or Bandai.

It is funny to me how no one is complaining that there’s no Asian actors/actresses in this movie, considering the backlash GitS got. This is leagues better than that though.

The movie is fantastic. Loved the action scenes and the ending to a possible sequel. hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

Me too! The whole time I was just in sci-fi heaven. Hopefully it does well enough to warrant a sequel.

The only problem with word of mouth is that Dragons opens next week, and Captain Marvel is soon after that.

Sci fi heaven is a perfect way to describe this one :hi5:

I loved this movie. Loads of fun, easy to follow action that doesn’t looks amazing. Alita was adorable too - I want a 7” figure of her from MAFEX or Bandai.

It is funny to me how no one is complaining that there’s no Asian actors/actresses in this movie, considering the backlash GitS got. This is leagues better than that though.

Gits takes place in Japan and also this chick has the anime character eyes so it doesn’t matter

I read that this film will need to make half a billion dollars to be considered profitable... It has a long way to go but I'd like to see more

That's just the name of a bar. :)

LOL ok. I read somewhere the bar was named that in the movie because in the manga it was set in Kansas City. The article must have been wrong.

Edit: Oh Wikipedia says the manga is set in Kansas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Angel_Alita

According to a map, printed in the eighth volume, Scrapyard/Tiphares is near Kansas City, Missouri, and the Necropolis is Colorado Springs, Colorado. Radio KAOS is at Dallas, Texas. Figure's coastal hometown is Alhambra, California. Desty Nova's Granite Inn is built out of a military base — NORAD at Cheyenne Mountain Complex, Colorado.

LOL ok. I read somewhere the bar was named that in the movie because in the manga it was set in Kansas City. The article must have been wrong.

Edit: Oh Wikipedia says the manga is set in Kansas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Angel_Alita

Oh, then I mustnt' have read that far yet - still finishing the fourth hardcover. That's odd, though, considering all the Japanese names and stuff. Oh, well, I stand corrected.

Add me to the list of people that absolutely loved this flick. My eyes literally teared up during the Murderball race because I simply would not blink. Alita herself was amazing and I was shocked to come home and learn that she was fully CGI. I assumed that it was just her eyes that were CG (other than the scenes were she was flying around which were obviously 100% digital.)

I'd put her right up there with Davy Jones for contender of best CGI character in a live-action flick ever. Even Thanos' CGI would sometimes look subpar but IMO Alita looked photoreal literally ever second she was on screen.

Add me to the list of people that absolutely loved this flick. My eyes literally teared up during the Murderball race because I simply would not blink. Alita herself was amazing and I was shocked to come home and learn that she was fully CGI. I assumed that it was just her eyes that were CG (other than the scenes were she was flying around which were obviously 100% digital.)

I'd put her right up there with Davy Jones for contender of best CGI character in a live-action flick ever. Even Thanos' CGI would sometimes look subpar but IMO Alita looked photoreal literally ever second she was on screen.
Awesome!!!

So glad you liked it.

We're waiting on you, Jye!

I don't think jye likes cyberpunk or anime.

Even if this doesn't get a sequel it's nice that they ended it at almost the exact same spot as the original animated OVA. If someone wants to follow more of her story they can pretty much just pick up Volume 5 of the manga and go from there.

I'm shocked that this is simply a faithful adaptation of the source material and nothing more. I was certain that they'd be injecting some "current year message" but nope. Not even a throwaway line from Cameron to remember to recycle or anything. This actually makes me more excited for Avatar 2 because they really knocked this one out of the park IMO.

For those of you still on the fence, Alita will be retaining it's IMAX 3D and other premium format screens through the weekend so don't miss out, see it on the biggest screen you can and in 3D.

For those of you still on the fence, Alita will be retaining it's IMAX 3D and other premium format screens through the weekend so don't miss out, see it on the biggest screen you can and in 3D.

Are you certain? If so that's awesome! I want to take my kids to this and was worried that How to Train your Dragon might kick it out of the Large Format auditoriums in two days.

Critics are so clueless these days. Look at that audience score. Still at least critic consensus finally upgraded to "Fresh."

alita.jpg

Critics are so clueless these days. Look at that audience score. Still at least critic consensus finally upgraded to "Fresh."

View attachment 445124
Wow, startling disparity!

I don't think you have to be a fan of cyber punk or anime to enjoy this, just science fiction.

I'm not familiar with the source material, and if there's a movie I like more than this one, this year, I'll consider this a great year for movies.

Back