Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised at the lack of merchandise. Apart from Prime 1 and Hot Toys, none of the usual companies have anything. Nothing from Iron Studios, Neca, MaFex, Figurearts, or Mezco. Hopefully stuff is shown at SDCC.

I'm also surprised that WETA hasn't announced any statues even though they worked on the movie. :( Just some vinyl figures and a replica Damascus Blade.

Their LOTR statues are incredible, so I'd happily buy a statue of Alita from them!

Looked Amazing in Dolby Atmos. Also the sound FX literally rock that theater.

Last edited:
Oh, and Alita...

...still Awesome.

But I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the couple next to me for bringing their 1- 2 year old child. Not annoying at all, thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Khev hasn't been this excited about a movie since TLJ.

I hope to see this soon.

You may want to temper your expectations a bit. The visuals & world building are excellent, but IMO the story & character development isn’t at the same level. IDK, it seemed like an amalgam of several different movies - Pinocchio, Elysium and Rollerball to name a few. And some of the romantic dialogue was downright cringeworthy. Though knowing that Cameron co-wrote the screenplay, I can’t say that part was a surprise. Lol

that's because Alita was based on a comic that was made in the 80s and 90s, it literally is the mother of all those films you listed so while it may seem cliche, that's because all the movies that came after it was based on the same themes.

IDK, it seemed like an amalgam of several different movies - Pinocchio, Elysium and Rollerball to name a few.

that's because Alita was based on a comic that was made in the 80s and 90s, it literally is the mother of all those films you listed so while it may seem cliche, that's because all the movies that came after it was based on the same themes.

Uh, Rollerball was originally made in the 70's...

...and Pinocchio, well if you think that came in the 80's/90's then you have other problems

And some of the romantic dialogue was downright cringeworthy. Though knowing that Cameron co-wrote the screenplay, I can’t say that part was a surprise. Lol

Cameron, among other things, is a master at amalgamation. And I don't necessarily give that as a compliment.

Back