Alita: Battle Angel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's definitely my favorite Robert Rodriguez flick, that goes without saying. :) But for me "third favorite Cameron flick" is much higher praise. :D

I do consider this to be more Cameron's baby than Rodriguez though.
It's definitely worthy of the director of Terminator and Aliens.

It's too early to really say, but this could surpass those 2 (or 3) movies, at least for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think Rodriguez does his best work when he's part of a "team" like Alita and From Dusk Till Dawn. He and Cameron compliment each other really well.

Cameron said that Rodriguez did lean toward wanting to make the technology more "cartoony" in nature and that he reigned it in to feel more realistic at Cameron's request.

Have you checked out those two animated OVA episodes yet rushmore?

I checked out the OVA right after watching the live action movie. I liked the OVA but prefer the film.

I think Rodriguez does his best work when he's part of a "team" like Alita and From Dusk Till Dawn. He and Cameron compliment each other really well.

Cameron said that Rodriguez did lean toward wanting to make the technology more "cartoony" in nature and that he reigned it in to feel more realistic at Cameron's request.

Have you checked out those two animated OVA episodes yet rushmore?
Haven't had time yet, but I plan on it.

Holy cow is this film banking in Asia , but makes sense

Looks like Cameron made another global hit in his career in a long time :horror

Haven’t seen it yet, so question:

Which is best? Alita or The latest Balde Runner?

They're very different films in tone and goal - Blade runner's job was to act as a direct sequel whereas alita is adapting a manga. I think alita has more widespread appeal to the masses but both are great films in their own way IMO

BR gets my vote if I had to choose though, as the original is my fave film ever

So hard to compare, it's like comparing Alita or Inception. Alita much more jam packed for sure, load of kicking ass.

I feel like Alita action and world building alone are worth to experience. CG also really beautiful, I will dumbfounded if it's not nominated for Award.

So hard to compare, it's like comparing Alita or Inception. Alita much more jam packed for sure, load of kicking ass.

I feel like Alita action and world building alone are worth to experience. CG also really beautiful, I will dumbfounded if it's not nominated for Award.

It can get nominated for next year

I went to see this solo on Friday night, and I loved it. I knew nothing about the source material going in and I'm definitely not a fan of manga, but I enjoyed the movie immensely. No interest in picking up statues or figures from it, but I do agree that there are some amazing character designs in this film that would make great toys. I'd like to see more of this world, so I'm hoping they're able to make a sequel. It will be coming home with me (hopefully in glorious 4K!) on the day of its release.

Oh man I definitely recommend checking it out in 3D IMAX. Most of the film has the expanded aspect ratio so you see a ton more.

However the 2D cropped version does prove how good the film is just on story and characters alone.

Did you see it in IMAX?

I'd love a figure or statue of her in her first Motorball suit (with helmeted and unhelmeted sculpts of course.)
I'm surprised at the lack of merchandise. Apart from Prime 1 and Hot Toys, none of the usual companies have anything. Nothing from Iron Studios, Neca, MaFex, Figurearts, or Mezco. Hopefully stuff is shown at SDCC.

I'm surprised at the lack of merchandise. Apart from Prime 1 and Hot Toys, none of the usual companies have anything. Nothing from Iron Studios, Neca, MaFex, Figurearts, or Mezco. Hopefully stuff is shown at SDCC.

I wonder if that has anything to do with Cameron himself having sole ownership of the film rights. IIRC Avatar was light on merchandise too.

That said I have the utmost respect that even though Cameron could have reimagined the story in any conceivable way, drastically changing characters, plot, adding in his own social or political messages, etc., he instead adhered almost 100% to elements from the original manga and anime. A guy of his professional stature (and let's be honest, massive ego) being that respectful of the source material? That's freaking awesome.

Even though he was an ass, the bounty hunter with the sword would make an amazing figure. The detail on his cyborg body are incredible.

Back