Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their eye sight is probably perfect on their planet . When they come to earth they have to wear their Bios to breathe and see . If you remember in AVPR the wolf is sitting in his throne chair without his bio , i'm sure he could see fine without it and the 3 preds in AVP are bioless also when they are on their ship . IDK thats just my opinion .

Damn, the collector I mentioned sold it to another guy for about $1,325 - which is, as I may add, NOT the US price, because there's already taxes and shipping included. :(

It's sad that you hardly ever see one of these busts on eBay in an auction, especially in Europe.

Their eye sight is probably perfect on their planet . When they come to earth they have to wear their Bios to breathe and see . If you remember in AVPR the wolf is sitting in his throne chair without his bio , i'm sure he could see fine without it and the 3 preds in AVP are bioless also when they are on their ship . IDK thats just my opinion .

wow nice answers. thanks for enlightening my knowledge. it maybe bacause their eyesight are poor in our planet's oxygen level. nice nice
:clap

There's probably some type of gas in our atmosphere that causes their vision to blur (among other things) - imagine walking through a sulfurous area, your eyes would burn and you wouldn't be able to see too well! That's what I imagine the predators go through when they're in our atmosphere. It's probably the same gas that reacts with a protein in their blood that makes it glow green.

There's probably some type of gas in our atmosphere that causes their vision to blur (among other things) - imagine walking through a sulfurous area, your eyes would burn and you wouldn't be able to see too well! That's what I imagine the predators go through when they're in our atmosphere. It's probably the same gas that reacts with a protein in their blood that makes it glow green.

Great answer and my explaination as well.

I'll accept those answers too. So, we're saying that their natural vision is not actually bad. On their homeworld it could even be equivalent to ours, facilitating their ability to develop technology. But on earth it becomes negatively affected by our atmosphere.

I'll accept those answers too. So, we're saying that their natural vision is not actually bad. On their homeworld it could even be equivalent to ours, facilitating their ability to develop technology. But on earth it becomes negatively affected by our atmosphere.

It could also be because of the light emitted from our sun - the predator homeworld shown in AVPR at least had two suns shining light on it, which could somehow make seeing on that planet different from ours.

So, in theory, when people said that the Preds had an advantage when bringing humans to their hunting planet in Predators they didn't really as it was the same as Earths atmosphere.

So, in theory, when people said that the Preds had an advantage when bringing humans to their hunting planet in Predators they didn't really as it was the same as Earths atmosphere.

It probably had to be in order to keep their prey alive... And it's another way the predators can "test" themselves.

Think for yourself - I'm not really interested in others opinions regarding products. It's a false economy - what with all the whiners and babies arguing about why they think X is better than Y. Peeps talking things down and inventing defects and problems so they can try feel better about not being able to afford something.

Frustrated accuracy NUTS who aren't satisfied with anything and can only find fault. The saaaaad NECA war on everything. That's life on most of these types of forums - I just ignore it and get on with more important things.

It's always nice to see quality photos of items as they become available, though - they are a big help when deciding if it's something you want to purchase. We do have some brilliant customizers on the forum - it's always a pleasure seeing and reading what they have done and how they achieved the end result.

You have to take the good with the bad. Idk. :lol

:exactly::goodpost: Well said my dear Hex!

Where can I purchase some of these magical drugs you are all on?:cuckoo:

Part of the reason why I like these movies is that it is GROUNDED science fiction; things that could all be possible.. And why I hate star wars and the like, which is pure and simple fantasy.

Part of the reason why I like these movies is that it is GROUNDED science fiction; things that could all be possible.. And why I hate star wars and the like, which is pure and simple fantasy.

Exactolutely :lol. Predator might not be too possible, but Alien could definitely happen. Then again, who are we to saw what can and can't be done? Most of the things thought pure science-fiction back in the 1950's are happening today, so...

Anyhow, I had a small question about the first Alien. What was up with Ash when Lambert, Dallas, and Kane were heading out onto the planetoid's surface? That scene where he appeared to be running in place? I always assumed that, like his other strange behaviors and comments, it was only to convey the message that the character was unhinged and there was something 'off' about him.

Though I also love Star Wars (OT) I agree with the above. Yeah they're just movies but it can be fun to ask and suggest answers to these kinds of questions such as the recent one of how Predators could develop technology when they seem to have such woeful eyesight. Questions like that make up maybe the biggest part of what this thread has been used for so far. Its not like we're overanalysing for the sake of finding flaws and criticisms - even when that is the end result it generally doesn't stop us enjoying these films. :dunno

Anyhow, I had a small question about the first Alien. What was up with Ash when Lambert, Dallas, and Kane were heading out onto the planetoid's surface? That scene where he appeared to be running in place? I always assumed that, like his other strange behaviors and comments, it was only to convey the message that the character was unhinged and there was something 'off' about him.

Ash was warming up and getting ready for the big game. :lol

:slap:lol I like it because it's pure science fantasy. It isn't bound by the notions and limitations of what IS possible in the real world. It's a ____ing movie for christ's sake! :lol

And this is a discussion forum. :dunno Things like that can and will be discussed. Not interested in it? Don't take part.

Back