Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may indeed by a good point about the line in Armageddon...armaggedon......armaggeddon...ah whatever. It could also excuse what I previously thought was an exaggerated invincibility in T4 when he got hit by grenades....maybe.

That may indeed by a good point about the line in Armageddon...armaggedon......armaggeddon...ah whatever. It could also excuse what I previously thought was an exaggerated invincibility in T4 when he got hit by grenades....maybe.

Spell check saids: "Armageddon" is the proper spelling. And yea that what I was thinking too. About where the placement of the bomb was in T1. And who knows what other damages the first T-800 may have suffered during the explosion from the truck. But I still think the T-800 in T:S was a bit too powerful. I mean the T-800 in T1 was knocked down by a few shotgun shells from Kyle. And this one just keep coming after a few grenade shots to the chest and face? Ehhhhh....

Spell check saids: "Armageddon" is the proper spelling. And yea that what I was thinking too. About where the placement of the bomb was in T1. And who knows what other damages the first T-800 may have suffered during the explosion from the truck. But I still think the T-800 in T:S was a bit too powerful. I mean the T-800 in T1 was knocked down by a few shotgun shells from Kyle. And this one just keep coming after a few grenade shots to the chest and face? Ehhhhh....

How weird, I was thinking about this the other day.
The only reasoning I could think of, was that the TS Terminator is from an alternate timeline from the the first Terminator and has been made much stronger.
Skynet seemed to have information about the past (How did it know about Reese?), but it also seemed to be ahead in Technolgical advancement from the Skynet that destroyed the planet in 1997. These things were never explained and made no sense.
The problem with making sequels to movies that have pretty much ended the story (T2 and Highlander to name another franchise) is that the writers have an impossible job of making sense of the storyline.

How weird, I was thinking about this the other day.
The only reasoning I could think of, was that the TS Terminator is from an alternate timeline from the the first Terminator and has been made much stronger.
Skynet seemed to have information about the past (How did it know about Reese?), but it also seemed to be ahead in Technolgical advancement from the Skynet that destroyed the planet in 1997. These things were never explained and made no sense.
The problem with making sequels to movies that have pretty much ended the story (T2 and Highlander to name another franchise) is that the writers have an impossible job of making sense of the storyline.

Some speculate Skynet found Arnie's Endo from T-3 and used it as a jump point for the "Alternate" Time Line T-800. A far fetched theory, I personally just believe they know the past T-800(s) had failed so they had to make them more resistant. :borg

It could be that the Terminator in T1 just wasn't as smart or using as an advanced a processor as the T850 was along with the stronger metal for the endo-skeleton. Ultimately, I liked all the movies with T2 being the best, followed by T1 and then T3.. Salvation should have used a T2 look in the battlefield however they dirtied things up to make them look more realistic. I know it is bad screenwriting and possibly bad overall studying or brain-storming about time theory and making sense of the time travel component. I agree with Surfer that T3 killed off any hope of the series getting better.. And not having Arnold in T4 for longer than 25 seconds hurt the movie. They needed a whole army of Arnold's however it would be hard to hide that many robot schlongs.

What would have made Salvation better is if they brought back the T-1000 or had an army of T-1000's fighting soldiers as skynet's last ditch effort to fight off the resistance. John had to find the T-850 or T-800 assembly line and re-program all of them so they fight against the T-1000's as their only hope. A massive awesome battle ensues, total mayhem and destruction. Thousands of Arnold's fighting thousands of Robert Patrick's..I don't care how screwed up cannon was, I would have payed to see that.

maybe the T-1000 was only a prototype

Some speculate Skynet found Arnie's Endo from T-3 and used it as a jump point for the "Alternate" Time Line T-800. A far fetched theory, I personally just believe they know the past T-800(s) had failed so they had to make them more resistant. :borg

Now this is all speculation on my part, as I'm no expert.
However, could the TX have uploaded everything SKYNET needed to know in T-3, and in doing so also upload the blue-prints to the T-800, info regarding Kyle Reese, and provide info regarding potential areas where SkyNet needed improvements?

This would explain where the virus came from in T-3 (when the T-X connected to the web), and would also solve the riddle of why the T-800 seemed different in T-4.
Additionally, it would also explain why the T-600's look different compared to what we were told in T-1.
SkyNet would not have to waste time on a learning curve.
It made the giant T-600 as a 1st assault, knowing that the improved T-800 were soon to follow.

My 2 cents. :monkey3

Additionally, it would also explain why the T-600's look different compared to what we were told in T-1.
SkyNet would not have to waste time on a learning curve.
It made the giant T-600 as a 1st assault, knowing that the improved T-800 were soon to follow.

My 2 cents. :monkey3

Its a plausible in-universe theory but something tells me in the real world it was simply a case of the concept designers not paying much attention to the proper canon.

Of cause it´s that way a-dev.
But to think in that realm is kinda...strange, to use that word.
Cause we´re here for talking it into sense, where those concept artists and co failed, right?
So I think Facebox´explanation´s great and short.
Details can be worked out, but not by the official guys that made the movie.
Economic reasons and stuff, but that´s why we´re fans for, right?

Sure I just posted a answer to this elsewhere...

Anyway, think I said they were youngbloods and the whole thing was like a right of passage trial or something. Hence Scar marking himself and then lex and the Elder having the mark.

Dunno really though. Just a guess :dunno

It seemed that Celtic took the leadership role in the movie.
He was ordering Scar and Chopper around a couple of times there.

I think we were meant to think he was going to be the "hero" Pred, until Grid got him.

Ok, I was watching AvP a couple days ago and I was kinda curious as to which Predator(if either of them) was the more experienced or elite of the 3.

I always thought it was the Celtic(I think he had more gear)

Or were all 3 of them young bloods?

Anyway thanks in advance for the info and insights.

I think they were all young bloods.
That's why they were all bloody useless, and it took only one Alien kicked two of their asses

I think they were all young bloods.
That's why they were all bloody useless, and it took only one Alien kicked two of their asses

I agree that they're all youngbloods.

But, the question was which one was more experienced.

That's why I said Celtic, as he seemed to take charge of the other two.

I agree that they're all youngbloods.

But, the question was which one was more experienced.

That's why I said Celtic, as he seemed to take charge of the other two.

We can look at this of two ways: Who was the Alpha? and Who was the better Predator?

Celtic seemed to be centre of the group and offered best hand to hand combat against the alien.

Scar however had the higher alien death toll

I never understood why people thought Grid took on two Preds and won.
The way I see it, is that Grid just got lucky with Chopper because he basically got the drop him. 'Could have happened to anyone.

Celtic on the other hand, "counted his chickens before they hatched".
This is characteristic of all Predators, based on the prior movies.
Aliens have no such bias.

talking about predators behaving stupidly/amaturishly, nothing beats the sheer idiocy of the predators in AvP2 firing their plasma cannons INSIDE their own ship!! surely any halfwit knows that u'll end up damaging your own ship. unless your ship is insulated against plasma-fire. which it clearly wasn't, since the ship crashed. wtf. they must've been the shortbus predators.

i put that down to the screenwriters & directors' own stupidity. and they claimed they were big fans of the characters. morons.

talking about predators behaving stupidly/amaturishly, nothing beats the sheer idiocy of the predators in AvP2 firing their plasma cannons INSIDE their own ship!! surely any halfwit knows that u'll end up damaging your own ship. unless your ship is insulated against plasma-fire. which it clearly wasn't, since the ship crashed. wtf. they must've been the shortbus predators.

i put that down to the screenwriters & directors' own stupidity. and they claimed they were big fans of the characters. morons.

That cracked me up too. It makes me laugh as well , the last thing they would have wanted was to go back down with everything since that was the idea of the cleaner so if they're still in the atmosphere of Earth surely the last thing they would do would be to blow up the ship. :lol:rotfl
It's as if they were on the way home from the first avp and said " Hang on , we could cash in on another movie here , quick blow up the ship ! ".

It's as if they were on the way home from the first avp and said " Hang on , we could cash in on another movie here , quick blow up the ship ! ".

Hahahaha! That last line really killed me. But yea I agree with all of the last few posts. In Predator, we were shown how clever and an expert hunter the Preds can be. These mistakes made by the Preds in AVP and Requiem was just so childish.

I always wondered in AVP, why Celtic didn't just pull that spear he had pierced through the guy with and use it. And where was his Shurikens? I know he carried them too right? All he used was his wrist blade (at normal length) and the net launcher. I would think the team leader would be a bit more resourceful than that. They made Celtic look way too much like a wuss and Scar too much of a badass (until he got face hugged). The difference was just too much.

Back