Aliens,Predator and Terminator Q&A (Anything!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here got the AvP Effects of ADI book?
I just ordered it. Looks pretty cool with behind the scenes pictures of the designs.

I prefer AvP 1 to A:R but AvP 2 was beyond ****!!

Anyone here got the AvP Effects of ADI book?
I just ordered it. Looks pretty cool with behind the scenes pictures of the designs.

I prefer AvP 1 to A:R but AvP 2 was beyond ****!!
Oh god, I thought you said "P2" there..my head was about to explode.

Go get the SWS book.

51ot8NuSjvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Be sure to post some before and after pics when you get her. ;)

I will post some pix when I get her :)
You might be waiting a while for the "after" pictures as I wont be able to hire someone for repaint until I get a job.

idk if that's the right place to ask my question but forgave me.

but I'm looking for so long for an alien 1/6 scale to buy..
i want to get the big chap one from hot toys.. such a good figure to have with a good quality, but also it's so much expensive theses days. is there any other options to think of?? i searched everywhere but can't find any.
also what about hot toys? did they or when they will announced the new line for the alien movie? do you suggest to wait a little bit more???

what i need is just one an alien 1/6 from the original movie which is i think the best alien i ever saw IMO.
thank you so much in advance guys and peace.

idk if that's the right place to ask my question but forgave me.

but I'm looking for so long for an alien 1/6 scale to buy..
i want to get the big chap one from hot toys.. such a good figure to have with a good quality, but also it's so much expensive theses days. is there any other options to think of?? i searched everywhere but can't find any.
also what about hot toys? did they or when they will announced the new line for the alien movie? do you suggest to wait a little bit more???

what i need is just one an alien 1/6 from the original movie which is i think the best alien i ever saw IMO.
thank you so much in advance guys and peace.
Okay, if you want an Alien figure..I wouldn't go for HT's version. It looks amazing and all in the pictures, the background as well..and when you get it, it's still pretty awesome.
..but after a few months it starts to lose it's shine. It gets dull and boring.

HT Aliens have a bad reputation because the material they're made out of is very fragile and usually doesn't last long. The only one that seems to hold up over all these years is the first one they made, the AvP Drone..but even then, mine slowly started falling apart.

I have had three Hot Toys Alien figures (Dog, AvP Drone, Big Chap), and out of all of them..the Big Chap probably had the most problems. I think the rubber on him is more fragile than the others'.

When I pulled him out of the box after spending $160
on him..GENTLY tried pushing the wrist pegs in, and both snapped simultaneously. Over a few months I noticed small rips in the rubber on his crotch area, and on his back where the tail connects to the body.. the rubber that is glued to the dome ripped apart..both mouth tendons ripped in half after using the inner jaw just a few times.

They look great, but the greatness just doesn't last. And for the price, it's just not worth it imo.

I don't think there are any non-rubber 1/6 scale Alien figures. But NECA has a beautiful 1/4 scale figure for a MUCH cheaper price than HT's 1/6.
I was overall more impressed with that than the HT 1/6 version. Much more accurate, won't deteriorate, etc. However, the joints become very loose on it over time. I think that's a much easier issue to deal with than deterioration, though.
Sideshow has a 1/6 (or just a bit smaller) Alien statue that just went up for pre-order I think. It's a statue, so you can't pose it, and it's more expensive than the HT version. It's about $230 or so.
Not made of rubber, more accurate than HT's..but Sideshow has horrible quality control, and the paint is usually not as good as Hot Toy's. Although, the recently released Alien statues from Sideshow have pretty decent paint apps...still with the bad quality control though (take a look at the Sideshow Dog Alien statue thread..). Sideshow has pretty good customer service though, so if your statue has a problem it should be easy to get a replacement.

Hot toys did get the license for Prometheus..so you could expect figures from that movie, but the original Alien is not supposed to be in the movie..I don't think HT has said anything about redoing the Alien series.

Okay, if you want an Alien figure..I wouldn't go for HT's version. It looks amazing and all in the pictures, the background as well..and when you get it, it's still pretty awesome.
..but after a few months it starts to lose it's shine. It gets dull and boring.

HT Aliens have a bad reputation because the material they're made out of is very fragile and usually doesn't last long. The only one that seems to hold up over all these years is the first one they made, the AvP Drone..but even then, mine slowly started falling apart.

I have had three Hot Toys Alien figures (Dog, AvP Drone, Big Chap), and out of all of them..the Big Chap probably had the most problems. I think the rubber on him is more fragile than the others'.

When I pulled him out of the box after spending $160
on him..GENTLY tried pushing the wrist pegs in, and both snapped simultaneously. Over a few months I noticed small rips in the rubber on his crotch area, and on his back where the tail connects to the body.. the rubber that is glued to the dome ripped apart..both mouth tendons ripped in half after using the inner jaw just a few times.

They look great, but the greatness just doesn't last. And for the price, it's just not worth it imo.

I don't think there are any non-rubber 1/6 scale Alien figures. But NECA has a beautiful 1/4 scale figure for a MUCH cheaper price than HT's 1/6.
I was overall more impressed with that than the HT 1/6 version. Much more accurate, won't deteriorate, etc. However, the joints become very loose on it over time. I think that's a much easier issue to deal with than deterioration, though.
Sideshow has a 1/6 (or just a bit smaller) Alien statue that just went up for pre-order I think. It's a statue, so you can't pose it, and it's more expensive than the HT version. It's about $230 or so.
Not made of rubber, more accurate than HT's..but Sideshow has horrible quality control, and the paint is usually not as good as Hot Toy's. Although, the recently released Alien statues from Sideshow have pretty decent paint apps...still with the bad quality control though (take a look at the Sideshow Dog Alien statue thread..). Sideshow has pretty good customer service though, so if your statue has a problem it should be easy to get a replacement.

Hot toys did get the license for Prometheus..so you could expect figures from that movie, but the original Alien is not supposed to be in the movie..I don't think HT has said anything about redoing the Alien series.

thank you for the heads up man!!!! i was really thinking to get the big chap soon, but i think ill just pass. i men ill not spent +300$ for a figure have problems like this.

sideshow they did really impressive job on their aliens statues, and i can see that :) but I'm not a big fan of the statues :monkey2
I'm gonna check the NECA'S alien, or ill just wait for the perfect one because what i want is only a 1/6 figure.

also I'm looking for hot toys new line for the predators. I hope we can see better quality :)

and i can't wait to see the Prometheus figures from hot toys too!! I'm gonna get every figure from this line lol. and because simply It's from Ridley Scott movie :lecture

thank you again.

Back