Alien , Predator or Terminator ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Movie Franchise do you like the best ?

• The Alien Saga !.

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • The two Predator flicks !.

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Terminator Rules all !.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I can't decide !.

Votes: 20 16.0%

• Total voters
Voted Predator cos the first film is my favourite ever and I think its the coolest monster and I liked the sequel.. Alien series is tarnished by Alien: Resurrection.

If we're talking about the movies, it's still hard to pin one down. I think it's really between the Aliens and the Terminators, though. I LOVE the first Predator movie and like Predator 2 a lot as well. Heck, I even like both AVP movies, but none of those are as good as the better Terminator and Aliens movies. Predator is a classic action/sci-fi flick, but when compared to Alien, Aliens, Terminator and T2: Judgment Day, it's just not quite up to par (though it's certainly better than Alien 3, Resurrection or T3).

The Aliens franchise was marred by Alien 3 and Resurrection. Like I said before, I actually liked the AVP movies but I acknowledge that they're not great films. T3 is not a great film either, but the new Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is quite well done. I can't really take the upcoming Terminator: Salvation movie into consideration, but it's hard not to, with Christian Bale as the lead. I think that, overall, Terminator has been the most consistently good franchise, whereas there has been quite a few disappointments with both Aliens and Predator.

As a toy line, it's gotta be between those two, though. I don't own any of the 12" Predators, but they do look awesome and as soon as a P1 version comes out, it's going on preorder. Same with Dutch (and maybe Billy, as long as both don't end up looking like Kane from Alien). The Aliens line is great too - I only own a Drake (at the very least, I must have Vasquez to go with him - please help me if you're looking to sell!) in the 12" line but I've got all the 1/18 scale snap-kits (except AVP series 1, which I desperately want as well) and the Queen, which are really great. Then you've got all the statues, Medicom stuff, Takara Microman stuff, etc... I'm thinking Aliens might take it, toy-wise, but it's close.

I had to vote for Predator. Thank God you left the AVP series out of the Predator vote. Terminator came close to getting my vote, but with Terminator 3 in there that's a big negative.

Alien franchise all the way for me!

I will never forget the first time I saw Aliens in 1987 on HBO, in a darkened room with my sister and best friend. From the opening bright white light, all the way to the last serene scene, I was captivated. Then I found out it was a sequel shortly thereafter. My mom rented the first Alien for me, and I was glad for that because it was rated R!

Over time, Alien has become my favorite film, mostly because I prefer the darkhouse type horror movie, where the less shown makes things a bit more uncertain and scary. I've probably seen Alien 200 times by now, no kidding!

:D

Thank goodness for that last option.

YES! I couldn't choose just one either.

Alien was the 1st R rated movie I saw after I turned 17. The entire film just blew me away. Spooky music that still creeps me out. Saw it again (on a big screen) a few years ago at the Cinerama Dome for the anniversary. Insanely cool. Aliens also awesome, I love how Cameron took the story in a different, yet exciting direction. One of the best sequels ever (Only competition is ESB). How many quotes came out of that movie? We still quote it all the time at the office. The rest of the Alien movies were OK, nothing great.

Terminator 1 and 2, goodness all the way thru. Summer is good, but nobody will ever be able to play a terminator like Arnold. Iconic theme music.

Predator 1 and 2, again, just coolness for every single minute of running time. Like Terminator, Arnold was the PERFECT person for the role. Who else could /believably/ kick Pred heinie? Lots of good quotes from Pred 1. Pred 2, not as good as original, but better Pred weapons.

AvP 1 and 2-- saw 'em both, but I wish they had followed one of the Dark Horse Pred/Alien/Colonial Marine stories-- if they had done THAT they would've cracked $500M long before Batman.

damn its a tougthy but.............. gotta say terminator. not only is it a cool concept but has awesome story lines aswell wich predator lacked. although aliens is my favourite film, ive seen termi alot more a just love the franchise. :rock

I went with terminator because it has the most amount of good movies in the francise tied with Alien (2) and the least amount of bad movies, tied with Predator (1)

Nah couldn't decide. First if all I wouldn't count the AvP films, leaving just the 4 alien films, 2 predators and 3 terminators.

I suppose predator has 2 out of 2, both good films whereas Alien is burdened with the crappy Alien Resurrection and some say Alien 3. Terminator 3 was the terrible film from that franchise. So theoretically Predator should be my favourite but I just can't quite say that it is due to the fact that Alien, Aliens and The Terminator and T2 are such classics.

If Robocop were to enter the fray I would probably place it last due to its only having one good film.

The first two Alien and Terminator films, as well as the first Predator film, are five of my favorite films, so I love all three franchies. As a franchise, I think the Alien Saga is probably the best, in that each film is individualistic and distinct, with a unique voice for each film, while the Terminator franchise really should have never extended past T2, even though T3 was better than expected and Sarah Conner Chronicles turned out okay as well. Predator 2 is a guilty pleasure. It's so comic-booky and cartoony that I find it hard not to enjoy it. The AVP films are quite bad.

So I'd say the Alien Saga.

Alien franchise hands down. I consider them the greatest Sci Fi movies of all time. Terminator ranks Dos. Predator, while good....doesnt match the qaulity of the Alien or Terminator series. Great fun, awesome action, good stuff...but not as much depth, and emotion put into it like the Alien or Terminator series has.

I always said thrown a naked predator into a pit with an alien and see who comes out on top. ALIEN RULES ALL. :rock

By the way if anyone was waiting for a sig from me I just done a huge update in my signature art thread.

Yea i'd agree with that Alien would destroy a naked Pred, unless it was a raging Predator Beast like you see in those Narin sculpts :lol

Back