Alien Pile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that looks good! Still a few concerns for me and I had to pass due to financial reasons, but may pick this one up in a couple of years. With an edition size of 1000, that should not be too hard.

Hia

Nice statue

Does it come in 1 piece or is it possible to dissasemble it .
I wanted one but im going to repaint it thats why im asking:)

kind regards Jimmy

Thanks for the pictures Nightwings. They really show just how much detail there is on this piece. It's a classic.
It's not that I don't like the translucent dome, but the contrast is to big. The dome is just TOO translucent, it should've been a smoked dome, like on the Giger mini bust for instance. And, I'm not entirely sure, but I remember seeing this piece with a darker dome before. Not sure if it was one of the original Japanese releases, or a fan recast - the Alien pile kit- that of course was custom painted (see EDIT).
Awesome piece, and I'm not going to cancel it, but it would have looked so much better if the dome were less see through. My opinion of course.

EDIT: here's a link to the Pile, the way I like it most:
https://www.mytoycollection.com/danfaz/index.php?level=album&id=12
The pictures are from fellow board member danfaz.

Oh, btw: is the dome removable?

Last edited:
It's glued on but it wouldn't take much effort to remove it.

That version you linked is nice and there some variety there with the see through head and the solid one with the ridges. It would make a nice companion piece for this one.

Well sorry for coming off like a easily pissed off kid.
I would wont to hear why people dont like the statue, rather then just saying its no good. Just comes off like people being mean for no reason. So sorry If I can off like that

no worries.. it's just the dome of the top Alien comes off pretty strong. and to me; seems fairly enlongated..these second sets of pics look better. :D

EDIT: here's a link to the Pile, the way I like it most:
https://www.mytoycollection.com/danfaz/index.php?level=album&id=12
The pictures are from fellow board member danfaz.

Oh, btw: is the dome removable?

Wow, thank you for the compliment! Surprised to see my version pop up here. :eek:

It's glued on but it wouldn't take much effort to remove it.

That version you linked is nice and there some variety there with the see through head and the solid one with the ridges. It would make a nice companion piece for this one.

This was a kit I bought from Japan. You can really work many details that the pre-paints don't really capture. The cool thing is, the dome is a separate piece. You can glue it on or keep it removable, which is what I did. I also painted the solid domes on the pile to look like a see-thru dome.

A great kit/statue. Certainly a classic!

Are there any EU freaks around that ordered this piece? SSC charged me $64.66 for shipping alone, which seems a bit much. I don't think the shipping of my PF Thor was that high! If the EU freak's that have this piece on order would share the amount they payed for shipping, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
Enjoy

xxehh.jpg

got mine the other day. Sideshow did an excellent job packaging this thing and I'm happy that it arrived safely. :banana

2002_0126Image0002.jpg

and in the spirit of the first post in this thread:

2002_0126Image0005.jpg
:rotfl:lol

2002_0126Image0011.jpg

I've got it it, I like it because its quiet an unsual statue, something creepy about the way the aliens are all over each other, like in a nest or something.

Just ordered this from BBTS who have it on clearance for around $160. Been eyeing it for awhile and seeing that I had a $160 credit I did not know I even had I finally ordered it. Should be here in around a week. I'll take a bunch of pics I am sure.

Tried to take some pics of angles of the statue you don't normally see like the back. This really is a 360º design. Cool stuff from any angle. If you notice there's also a "normal" alien thrown in there on the base near the top alien's right knee. The alien on the right of the statue is also pretty neat in that it's nearly a fully sculpted figure in addition to the one on the top.

4692084814_f548d5039a_b.jpg

4692075520_5466279f4b_b.jpg

4691445339_83de2a6f3e_b.jpg

4691447103_bfeeacf690_b.jpg

4692080600_018cb91a3d_b.jpg

4691450119_d324998020_b.jpg

4692083698_8023b611cb_b.jpg

That first photo above I took putting some saran wrap over the lens to create some blurring. It... kinda worked. Wanted to try it again, used some thicker plastic this time. I think it worked much better. This is done all in-camera. No photoshopping.

4692028755_1640df01dd_b.jpg

Scale comparison for those who are curios.

4692095311_beb585bcfb_b.jpg

Forgot to put the tail back on. I always take it off when I move it. I'm scared to death of breaking it.

I've got the fewture models version for sale/trade if anyone's interested...

Back