Alien Pile (kit) paint-up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sivousplay

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I thought I'd share my latest work ... it's the original kit-version of FEWTURE's Alien Pile. It's hand-painted w/ acrylics and inks. The main alien has a clear dome and I tried to very carefully use some inks to shade his dome to give the same look as the other non-clear domes yet still retain the clarity so that the detail beneath could be seen.

I hope you like it. If you'd like to see more pictures at my site, you can head to:

https://sivousplay.com/index.html

Please note, there are some kit images on my site of not totally clad females.

jim

AP_Club1.jpg

AP_Club2.jpg

AP_Close_Club.jpg

That is an excellent paint job. I really like how the other alien heads also look like they have transparent domes.:clap

I can tell you're an old-school model kit builder like me. I even see that old Miss Muffet model in your signature.

That is an excellent paint job. I really like how the other alien heads also look like they have transparent domes.:clap

I can tell you're an old-school model kit builder like me. I even see that old Miss Muffet model in your signature.

Yeah, I got into kit building kinda late in the game. So, I found all these old-school kits that are just amazing and am working my way through them while I buy up all the new stuff!! :) I will never run out of stuff to paint ... that is for certain.

Also, thanks for noticing the other domes ... that was exactly the plan.
jim

So much better than the SS release, and I would buy this in a heartbeat where I had to pass on the SS. Absolutely spectacular. I will visit your site when I'm not on my phone.

Really inspirational paintwork Jim.

I gave up trying to find the Takeya kit and just ordered one direct from Sideshow.

RL.

Really inspirational paintwork Jim.

I gave up trying to find the Takeya kit and just ordered one direct from Sideshow.

RL.

It could be a very long wait ... it was on my holy grail list for a VERY long time before I was able to find one.

Good luck stripping it ... I look forward to seeing your paint job.

jim

So much better than the SS release, and I would buy this in a heartbeat where I had to pass on the SS. Absolutely spectacular. I will visit your site when I'm not on my phone.

Thanks for the kind words ... to be fair, they have to crank them out by the hundreds/thousands and I only had to paint one, but I do greatly appreciate the feedback.

Hope you had a chance to visit my site and enjoyed it.
jim

Back