Alien: Isolation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's why the majority of games hold the player's hand nowadays... =P

0bY57kg.gif

Awesome! I need to comb through that website. Looks like they have videos with tactics. This game is too damn scary. Especially with a pulse headset.

This is 50% off on PSN, would you guys say the game is worth it for that price? I've heard mixed things about this.

Thanks! I played it on easy. I’ve played through it a few times now and knew I was going to need the supplies they hand out in the lower difficulties if I wanted to make it past some areas.

Start this :lecture

Mine was glitching like crazy on me last night for some reason. I'd use the tram car... and then spawn in a random spot in the station :lol

I just picked this up last night. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play this weekend. Not sure if I should play on easier difficulty first playthrough or harder difficulty to start. I kind of want to enjoy the scenery and graphics and not sure I want to be frustrated out of the box with this one. Usually I play games on the harder difficulties to start and then use the easier ones to pickup remaining achievements/trophies.

Thanks! I played it on easy. I’ve played through it a few times now and knew I was going to need the supplies they hand out in the lower difficulties if I wanted to make it past some areas.

there's ample of supplies on easy & normal, i ended up having everything on full. rarely do you need to use your items, most of the time i just lob a few cocktails/bombs on crowds, once you got the flamethrower, the alien becomes alot less scary. the noisetrigger isn't that effective since it will call the alien down. healthpacks, well the only time you need it is when you get shot, once you get spotted by the androids might as well restart the checkpoint unless your objective is just running from point A to B.

there's considerable amount of ammos, just you don't really use them often since noise just attracts Alien.

I just picked this up last night. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play this weekend. Not sure if I should play on easier difficulty first playthrough or harder difficulty to start. I kind of want to enjoy the scenery and graphics and not sure I want to be frustrated out of the box with this one. Usually I play games on the harder difficulties to start and then use the easier ones to pickup remaining achievements/trophies.

Start on medium, let yourself become acclimated to it. I was having a tough time at first, but I got used to it. I don't think there's much challenge on easy or novice.

I'm having a great time playing this game

It doesn't sound like it would be a good game, i was almost not bothered either way about whether i got it or not, but once i started playing i couldn't stop :lol

I was even having trouble swapping games to play other things, i wanted to carry it on

I can sort of see why you might not take to the game though, if this sort of thing isn't your type of game then you will most likely not enjoy it as much as some

One thing i will add, i thought it would be much harder than it actually is. The anticipation i had for the difficulty was something i had to get used to, at first i was struggling understanding when the alien was going to come and from where so i spent ages being way too over cautious. Which i suppose is a testament in itself to the tone and mood of the game

Back