Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thank you for your opinion also, let's agree to not agree ;) I have a few neca 1/4 Predators, they are okay for the money but they do look plasticy and cheap, and joints always ruin the look for me over all. I do agree though that $100 id of course a lot of money to most people. Look at the Neca 1/4 P2 compared to the Sideshow P2 maquette however, it is a drop in the ocean financially. And given how the maquette turned out, not a bad option to take.

I wish this guy stood straight, I really do. But as long as it isn't plastic, I would say the Neca doesn't really compare to it, nor should it as it is aimed at a different audience in a very different price range.

I agree 50% though:lol. That's truth that they can't compare each other because one version is more "giger design" and the other one is more screen accurate. Concerning the audience,mmm... I have both in my collection, resine and "plastic". They looks great together.

Nothing is perfect python and I agree that joints also ruins a litle the look for me too but no more than the painture on the teeths from the lsb or the broken tendons...but i know what do you mean, in general is more quality in resine, yes, but in the new Neca 1/4 alien figure they have done an excellent job. I have two small aliens from neca and we can't compare these figures, that actually look like toys, with the new one, that looks incredible. But...I wanted just to give you my point of view, of course buy what you prefer. I just wanted to share with all of you how the new neca figure has impressed me, not the same as the new sideshow one that has left me cold..very cold:).

Sorry for my english guys! I try to do my best:)

About the interncivus raptus...It's me or the theeth looks a litle weird?

(Neca is not paying me for this publicity:lol)

Huh? The original Alien has more gynaecological imagery than a midwife's textbook - and this is an issue for you now?

:rotfl

Entirely true (about all the sexual imagery in the film), but the legs up and spread pose of the base strikes me as a bit goofy, at least in that photo. I doubt that impression is as apparent in person. All silliness aside, I do like this statue and will probably buy it, provided the final production piece can justify that hefty price tag.

Regarding the weight of the piece, I wonder if someone meant to type in 13.5 lbs and missed the 1. :dunno

Entirely true (about all the sexual imagery in the film), but the legs up and spread pose of the base strikes me as a bit goofy, at least in that photo. I doubt that impression is as apparent in person. All silliness aside, I do like this statue and will probably buy it, provided the final production piece can justify that hefty price tag.

Regarding the weight of the piece, I wonder if someone meant to type in 13.5 lbs and missed the 1. :dunno

Most likely, even then it would still be listed as lighter than the similarly sized Engineer which is really light. I'm torn on this one a lot, I really like it, but every time I go to order it the side profile puts me off. Hmmmm...

The more I look at this the more I realize I'm probably going to cave and get it. If I can knock the price down a bit with a coupon or some reward points then I'll probably preorder it eventually.

I agree 50% though:lol. That's truth that they can't compare each other because one version is more "giger design" and the other one is more screen accurate. Concerning the audience,mmm... I have both in my collection, resine and "plastic". They looks great together.

Nothing is perfect python and I agree that joints also ruins a litle the look for me too but no more than the painture on the teeths from the lsb or the broken tendons...but i know what do you mean, in general is more quality in resine, yes, but in the new Neca 1/4 alien figure they have done an excellent job. I have two small aliens from neca and we can't compare these figures, that actually look like toys, with the new one, that looks incredible. But...I wanted just to give you my point of view, of course buy what you prefer. I just wanted to share with all of you how the new neca figure has impressed me, not the same as the new sideshow one that has left me cold..very cold:).

Sorry for my english guys! I try to do my best:)

About the interncivus raptus...It's me or the theeth looks a litle weird?

(Neca is not paying me for this publicity:lol)

Your English is fine and your post have been a good read :)

You may have even convinced me to get a 1/4 Neca Alien

Your English is fine and your post have been a good read :)

You may have even convinced me to get a 1/4 Neca Alien

Thank you Jaws:lol! You won't be dissapointed. There is a long wait until the SS statue come (end 2016?).

Waiting will be shorter with neca's Alien! If you prefer one version of this guy, buy it from ebay and ask the sellers. If you don't do it, you can't choose and you have a chance of 50% on getting one or the other version (well may be you have it phisically at the store and you can choose directly there between the two versions (here in Spain we don't have it yet). Me, I did it with an uk seller who sended me the pictures first to feel sure which version I would get. One week after I was a proud owner of the snarling version, perfect to acompany the LSB:)Also, if never I get bored, I can always change its position:).

See some videos in youtube also jaws:)thare are not enough videos or pictures that could show how amazing this figure is. Tendons are not as white as you see in pictures or videos, in person they look perfectly integrated to the figure.

Of course if the internecivus was cheaper, may be I would go for it, but after taxes it would cost me 550€ minimum...no way for a pose that I don't like from the beginning... That's truth that it is a figure that the more you look at it, the more you love it but men...the LSB was love at the first sight and look what we get at the end (yes I love it and I keep it, but I was dissapointed when I get it in hand with certain ditails as the teeth or the tendons that looked great at the prototipe...I dont want to feel the same with that statue that at the begining was like..really?)

Now in my head it's like...come on Manuel...you have to like it, but I am wondering why I HAVE (or MUST) to like a figure with that prize? With that prize and that size, it should has being diferent though. Definately, it's not for me. Lucky me (optimism) I will save money for ripley (come on hot toys, give me her!)

I've asked Alex to confirm the weight and plastic over on SF, in the mean time we'll assume it isn't plastic and enjoy this new picture. I can't get over the lean, I don't like it one bit, but the sculpt sure is nice no matter how artistic it may be, the Neca version doesn't hold a candle to it imo.. But then that is a cheap plastic toy.

WIu61jj.jpg

This could very well turn out to be a cheap plastic statue. ;)

Not that I'm standing up for the NECA figure either. That thing is most certainly cheap, at least in terms of materials and construction. Sculpt-wise, it's closer than anything Sideshow's done in years.

It sure could, that is why I added that point at the end, for the moment they are assumed to be different in that regard, we await Alex's reply to see if it will remain that way or if they are more alike than we though material wise.

No reason to even wait for alex to reply. With that lean there is noway it can be polystone. It would topple over due to weight. That base is not holding. And if i am wrong ( i hope i am ) theres no way i would feel safe walking around by it. Because just te vibrations could topple it. And unless the peg in the foot is of substantial heft the lean will get progressively worse over time and it will eventually topple. The detail looks amazing. But to me its just a $400+ sofubi with a base.

Well it would if the base was very heavy, but the published weight does suggest you are correct. Trying to be positive here ;) If it is plastic, it will be money saved.

This could very well turn out to be a cheap plastic statue. ;)

Not that I'm standing up for the NECA figure either. That thing is most certainly cheap, at least in terms of materials and construction. Sculpt-wise, it's closer than anything Sideshow's done in years.

You won't regreat it;)I really like my neca Alien. Hope one day Sideshow will give me what I want...now All my hope is with hot toys...I want ripley!

The neca piece is well worth the 100 bones. And this sideshow piece is more.or less just an x-plus ric boy edition alien since it includes the base.

Over £400 locally. Crazy!

I just saw this. Ouch! Even when paying in full its still over.

I wouldn’t be against the tail being a vinyl/plastic I actually hope it is. I’m not going to complain too much about the price either. They’re asking 260 quid for a book… That sold out!

The Neca 1/4 scale is really cool. Posed well and lit in your room...it'll look really cool..I love mine and look up at it all day while working.

I plan on getting this sideshow piece as long as things stay cool and we find out the final details on weight.

and who knows what it will look like in person at San Diego...but that will at least be closer to a release date and people can see at least a prototype in person.

Ugh I will hate if this is all plastic but at the same time it looks really nice (the proto at least) and I want at least one Alien piece in the collection

From straight away it looks decent but the lean really sucks and a terrible choice. Would have been tempting if it stood straight up; way overpriced though.

Back