Statue Alien: Internecivus Raptus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guess im in minority because I AM LOVING IT.

Awesome, man! I'm really happy you're diggin' yours. It looks great alongside the other items in your collection. In the right environment, it definitely has a presence.

I received my Vader PF not long before this one. That piece got a LOT of hate but I think it's absolutely amazing. Like I always say, if we all liked the same things, the world would be a very boring place.

My biggest gripe is SS thinking they can charge $450 for a 1/5 (at best) piece. And yes, I made that VERY clear when I asked for an RA.

. . . My biggest gripe is SS thinking they can charge $450 for a 1/5 (at best) piece. And yes, I made that VERY clear when I asked for an RA.

I think pretty much everyone would probably agree with you there.

. . . with the exception of anyone who works for Sideshow of course. For THEM - regardless of any evidence or opinion to the contrary - THEY are always right, and are God's gift to the community, always fair, always the best.​

For those that ARE pleased with the piece and the price - congrats - because as you said - THAT is what the hobby is all about - "stuff we are happy with" :exactly:

Forgot to ask - do you lose shipping and have to pay return shipping too?

Unfortunately, yes. You actually lose the shipping to you, the NRD and have to pay to ship it back. I forgot about that when I requested the RA. I'm just going to try to sell it for $400 instead. I'll take less of a loss and maybe make someone happy in the process.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this. I'm on an Alien kick right now. Even if this is overpriced, it seems like every big chap statue gets more expensive in the after market.

Get it from TechLife for $400. Good deal.

Tech - Saw you selling it on FB. Good luck with the sale, shame it comes to this...

Unfortunately, yes. You actually lose the shipping to you, the NRD and have to pay to ship it back. I forgot about that when I requested the RA. I'm just going to try to sell it for $400 instead. I'll take less of a loss and maybe make someone happy in the process.

I was unhappy with the Terminator T-800 bust's teeth, a year or so ago, after receiving it. Sideshow sent me a return shipping label and refunded all of my money. They don't do this anymore?

I was unhappy with the Terminator T-800 bust's teeth, a year or so ago, after receiving it. Sideshow sent me a return shipping label and refunded all of my money. They don't do this anymore?

Afaik, they will if there's damage but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused, why can't you just return it? I've had a couple run ons with SS (Big Chap LDB) and I've found that persistent calling and emailing a supervisor can bring results.
SS really does have pretty ****** customer service.

TechLife showed me some comparisons...this thing isn't even 1/5 lol, it's 1/6 for sure.

:( way to drop the ball

Yeah, Sideshow pulled the same stunt with the turtle statues, advertising them as 1/5ish, when they are closer to 1/6. Scale doesn't justify the price, IMO.

Well guess im in minority because I AM LOVING IT. Its not too light either. My Sano is lighter. I am very happy with money I spent.

attachment.php
i am sorry for an offtopic question, but why does that alien on the left have a predalien-style inner mouth?

oh i see. he gave the same inner mouth to alien head going with "samurai predator".

The one who gets it says the base seems to be fully resine( heavy) and the Big Chap is for him 80% plastic. So i imagine very light but with this pose i don't see how they could have done otherwise

Yes, that's true, I don't see how they could of done it otherwise too. Well, maybe if the Alien was made of polystone, but with a thick eggshell instead. Then SS can try to make the base heavy enough to guarantee it won't flip over.

I received this today. The body is EXTREMELY light. The base has some weight to it and is kind of nice. Overall pretty disappointed with how it turned out. Feels like a plastic toy. Certainly not worth the cost even if you wait for a 10-20% discount. Please excuse the poor lighting in the images. I zoomed in on the translucent dome in the last picture. You can see some irregularities on it.
64f49d98bcc2aba57dfd12676be83a3e.jpg

Gosh, I'd hate to have a statue with such a poorly misplaced label. I wish SS would make their factories in China pay more attention to detail, but that might be too much to ask(sarcasm).

Back