Alien Derelict Ship HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I got the Space Jockey, I decided to also get this... Found a very good price at a local dealer, plus they support flex payments. Didn't think too long about it, hope it turns out even better than the latest pics!

After I got the Space Jockey, I decided to also get this... Found a very good price at a local dealer, plus they support flex payments. Didn't think too long about it, hope it turns out even better than the latest pics!

PreOrdered the derelict first, then realized SideShows Space Jockey had to accompany this. The photos of the derelict look damn good, the paint job is my only concern. But I can always remedy that if need be. Ships next week, might have in hand two weeks time?

Giger's original in Las Vegas 2012.
IMG_5386.JPG

PreOrdered the derelict first, then realized SideShows Space Jockey had to accompany this. The photos of the derelict look damn good, the paint job is my only concern. But I can always remedy that if need be. Ships next week, might have in hand two weeks time?

Giger's original in Las Vegas 2012.
View attachment 348949

It was the other way around for me - once I got the Space Jockey, I had to have the Derelict next to it. Can't wait until it ships!

I don't know what I was waiting for on the Space Jockey. SideShow put out an emailing saying the Jockey was almost sold out, so I pounced. The two should really compliment each other. Have the Space Jockey on a lazy Susan so I spin it around and look at it from all vantage points. Will do the same with the derelict.

Meh. It's just not a great looking spaceship and only looks interesting on film with dim lighting, smoke and blue light. In broad daylight it looks like something that fell off my Jeep.

Was hoping it came in two parts. Ship and base, for ease of painting. Going to try pastel dust of whites and greys first, see how that goes. Prefer Giger's original painting scheme.

Back