Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait for the Coolprops.
Enjoy my HCG Gigar bust and even my new Neca 1/4.
Search sano bust at low price.
Sideshow? Don't bother.

I doubt the SS is a sought after one. Maybe bc they are the onnly 1:2 scale out there. If CP give a hint they are making 1;2. SS version will long be forgotten sadly.

Go get one? No thanks, already had two and they were awful.

Snap, it didn't get bad reviews because the bust was bad, it was really nice actually. It got bad reviews because the production pieces were generally diabolical Which was a shame.

I still want one, but no way I'm even wasting my time looking for a third.

I really love my bust! I was totally in love with it when I saw it in internet, then I read all the comments about the bad qc and I finished to not buying it.finally, a few months ago I saw it in a shop and I was really impressed about how wonderful it is. i bought it after a few hours thinking on it and I am really proud of it!! Really alien and very nice in everyaspects! Nice sculpt, well painted, no bubles or scratches...of course after reading in forums about the problems some people had, I only would bought it after seeing it firts phisically in a shop.
This bust is great!

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

I picked one of these up in forbidden planet yesterday for an absolute steal, £220!! One of the tendons was broken so they marked it up less than half price. One dab of glue later and good as new.
I wasn't too impressed with the teeth, so gave them a new finish with bare metal chrome foil, its made a hell of a difference.
Only thing I'm not really happy with is how dark and opaque my dome is. May try to detatch it and get it a bit clearer.

ada34d9b53606ff261eb10ef5e959baa.jpg
496184cbc63e46074f312a818f17eb62.jpg
389cc9b3d14bcc0c27d0276fc6bfbf6e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice bit of luck, I'd buy a decent example of this again if I could. They actually let me keep mine rather than destroy it as it was a total pos, the dome is even glued off set to the side off the head some how.... It will make for a nice project in future however. The dome is on solid, you'll have to cut it off. Unless the paint is on the outside which would make your life much easier, I forgot to check and mine is boxed in the back of the garage.

Wow, man hours must've been a mess if they didn't ask for it to be destroyed. Sideshow must have taken a hit in the profits with this one, seeing how many of them have been returned due to terrible QC. If I'd paid full price for it, ID have been pissed!
Hmmm I may have to reconsider removing the dome. I'm hoping someone out there may have already so I could find out how much of an arse it might be. Mine has a couple of little gaps, so not totally flush. If it's painted on the outside though it should be pretty simple to get it cleared. Bit of light sanding then clear coat.

Yeah it was a mess, the dome was positioned wrong, a tendon was broken, multiple scratches and paint chips etc. I didn't even want to display the thing. I lost about £70 in duty so I guess I paid for a project. The annoying thing is that it was my second, it was said to be inspected but clearly wasn't as it had all of the issues my first had and then some. The rep I dealt with was refreshingly honest, he basically said he'd seen this way to often with the Big chap lsb and was disappointed himself. It may be why we haven't seen a Dog alien yet...

And somebody has removed the dome, he's a member here, there's a thread somewhere. Here you go...

Make sure you got a real Sideshow piece. The recasts are starting to come out of China.
They're probably better finished!
I got this from Forbidden Planet in London, big reputable and incredibly over priced shop, only sells legit merch, but they have a damaged goods section were you can find some real bargains. I picked up the sideshow power loader last year for £150!

I've seen lots of recasts of the 1/1 warrior bust floating about, they didn't look too bad from the photos.

Back