Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, it isn't often I get annoyed, but I really am now! I asked for a few simple checks to be done on my replacement, issues that were all present on my first...

"1: No scratches on the dome, especially underneath where I can’t try to fix them.
2: Tendons at the side of the jaw attached and not missing from the box completely.
3: Dome fully sealed, no gaps around the edge where debris and dust can get in.
4: No paint spills on the skull, again where I can’t get to them to remove
5: No paint chips or scratches if possible please, my Big chap and Warrior lsb both had lots of blemishes, I’m hoping I was just unlucky."

Not much to ask then, I essentially just wanted one that wasn't broken, I got this reply... "It will be thoroughly inspected" & "We'll send you the best one we have"

So what has just arrived at my door? My shiny new Big Chap LSB #513/750, I've only looked at it for one minute so I'm sure there will be plenty more to find but here goes...

The base plate has actually fallen off
The dome isn't centered and is sat to the left (how!!??)
A tendon on the opposite side to last time is broken and not completely in the box!
There is a large chip on the front of the skull!
A tooth is broken off at the tip, one of the front fangs.
There's a badly filled in crack on the shoulder
The dome is absolutely full of crap again due to it not being sealed properly!....
Several paint chips and air holes in the casting.
Scuffs and scratches on the dome.

This was my dream piece of last year, it has become a nightmare. I can't even be bothered to take any pictures, I'll have to do it later though as I'm having an operation tomorrow and won't be able to do much for a few weeks.

So unhappy.

Python, so sorry to hear that bro! Bad times!!! We need a new Company!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

Getting a bad copy this late suggests they aren't making any changes in response to the complaints.

I got one in the 500's, my original was #21 and it was far better than this even though it was broken. The dome off to the side on this is unbelievable, not sure who is putting them together but yikes. The dome wasn't so dark on my first one either, I preferred it that way, unfortunately it was scratched up to heck.

Sideshow really needs to spend the money to send someone overseas when batches of these things are ready to ship to the US or hire someone over there. It's unacceptable for a major collectibles company to have this type of QC.

Well thought Id give an update. They wouldn't send me a 2nd replacement, so I went ahead and got a refund. They received my return 2 weeks ago, and still no refund, I have kept in contact and they keep saying just wait a bit longer. Now I got an email saying my RMA expired and they didnt receive my item, althought Michael the returns coordinator, said they did receive it they are just busy and to call them back this week if I still havent seen a refund. Now no one is responding to me by phone or live chat.

First and last purchase from sideshow.

Finally got an email that says they are only going to refund about 60% of my purchase (which apparently is going to take a week to show up in my bank account), and If I want the rest of my money, I need to ONCE AGAIN try and get in contact with someone in their customer service department and give them all my credit card information AGAIN before I can get refunded. So I guess Ill wait until monday when they open once more and see if I can get refunded for real.

They really don't make getting a refund easy at all. I don't see this company being in business for too much longer if they keep treating customers like this.

That doesn't sound right at all, have you already had a credit on the item or something to make it up to the full amount?

Heres the email:

Thank you for your patience during the returns process.

We wanted to take a moment to confirm that your return was recently received and checked into our warehouse. As such, a refund in the amount of $266.82 has been issued directly to your credit card on file. We ask that you allow 7 to 10 business days for your financial institution to apply this refund to your balance. If you have any questions about posting time please contact your financial institution directly as they will have the most accurate information.

Please note that $156.66 for this order has not yet been refunded. Because these payments were made over six months ago, we will need you to provide the full credit card number to process this portion of your refund manually. The full credit card number is encrypted on our end for your protection and therefore cannot be accessed by us. For security purposes, please do not send the credit card number through email. You will need to call our Customer Service department directly to provide this number. You can reach Customer Service by calling 805-214-2157 or 1-800-SIDESHOW.

... It just seems like another hoop to jump through, I bet they're hoping I'll blow it off so they can at least make some money off this failure of a statue.

This is normal, they can't refund a payment that was made over six months ago for whatever reason, I've had this also. Just send them your details and they will refund the rest.

This is normal, they can't refund a payment that was made over six months ago for whatever reason, I've had this also. Just send them your details and they will refund the rest.

If they weren't so hard to actually get a hold of it would not be such an issue. Good to know this is normal though.

Just found the thread for the Sano Alien3 1/3 bust. Those teeth! I came back here and looked over some photos, mostly in an attempt to convince myself that they're not that bad.
:slap

They always answer the phone when I call.... :dunno

80583-Mr-T-I-pity-the-fool-gif-Vtr1.gif

Back