Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's definitely getting to be a crapshoot ordering from Sideshow.

It's past tense - it's been like this for years now. In fact, with some franchises (like Predator & Alien) it's not so much "will there be problems on arrival" as "I wonder how MANY problems there will be on arrival".

So glad the new 1:1 P2 bust is NOT by them :yess:

Well thought Id give an update. They wouldn't send me a 2nd replacement, so I went ahead and got a refund. They received my return 2 weeks ago, and still no refund, I have kept in contact and they keep saying just wait a bit longer. Now I got an email saying my RMA expired and they didnt receive my item, althought Michael the returns coordinator, said they did receive it they are just busy and to call them back this week if I still havent seen a refund. Now no one is responding to me by phone or live chat.

First and last purchase from sideshow.

Just keep the email from Michael, some departments don't seem to communicate very well at times, hope they get it sorted for you. I contacted them about this guy myself tonight, I've been waiting a while for my replacement. I am still in line for an inspection it turns out so it still hasn't shipped. As long as it turns up looking awesome I don't mind the wait.

Back in December, I was given $60 in credit toward a future order, for my damaged Big Chap. I put it against my R2-D2 1:6. I was specifically told by Belen that I will NOT see the discount appear in my order, nor in my email invoice, but rest assured the $60 would be credited. Well, it didn't happen. I was charged full price. So far, they haven't responded to my email about it. But it hasn't been a full week yet. I'll be patient...

A few days, at most, is how long anybody should be waiting for a refund. Two weeks is unacceptable.

Back in December, I was given $60 in credit toward a future order, for my damaged Big Chap. I put it against my R2-D2 1:6. I was specifically told by Belen that I will NOT see the discount appear in my order, nor in my email invoice, but rest assured the $60 would be credited. Well, it didn't happen. I was charged full price. So far, they haven't responded to my email about it. But it hasn't been a full week yet. I'll be patient...

Same thing happened to me last week with another order. It had a credit and I did not get it. They gave me no apology and some BS answer about it shipping too quick(2 months, really?). Try chat, they would not refund me back, but did put the credit on another order which was not ideal, but acceptable.

Same thing happened to me last week with another order. It had a credit and I did not get it. They gave me no apology and some BS answer about it shipping too quick(2 months, really?). Try chat, they would not refund me back, but did put the credit on another order which was not ideal, but acceptable.
That's kinda bull, cuz I have no other others shipping soon. I really wanted the discount on that order, as promised... IMO, they should raise the discount, since they screwed up.

That's kinda bull, cuz I have no other others shipping soon. I really wanted the discount on that order, as promised... IMO, they should raise the discount, since they screwed up.

I would demand a refund back to your CC for the credit amount if you don't plan to order anything soon.

My replacement is finally on the way after having been thoroughly checked over.... Fingers crossed!

They should send pics for your approval. I don't know how good they are at looking these over, and their track record is spotty at best. I know that is asking a lot, but it would save them a fair bit of postage and disappointment.

Thanks, it's already in the UK, that was quick! I'm in hospital having shoulder surgery on Friday, I'm sure it will arrive then...

Will be fun trying to get this out of the box one handed, I'll have to rope in the other half to do it rather than hiding it from her and claiming I've had it for years which is usually the case ;)

It's just arrived! I'll let you know shortly, I'm actually nervous about opening it...

I had the Big Chap on pre order from when it was announced but had a really bad feeling about it and decided to cancel it not long before it was sent out, I'm glad I did, I feel like I dodged a bullet. Aside from all the QC issues it ended up having, I didn't really think it was *that* screen accurate enough to go through with the purchase.

Right, it isn't often I get annoyed, but I really am now! I asked for a few simple checks to be done on my replacement, issues that were all present on my first...

"1: No scratches on the dome, especially underneath where I can’t try to fix them.
2: Tendons at the side of the jaw attached and not missing from the box completely.
3: Dome fully sealed, no gaps around the edge where debris and dust can get in.
4: No paint spills on the skull, again where I can’t get to them to remove
5: No paint chips or scratches if possible please, my Big chap and Warrior lsb both had lots of blemishes, I’m hoping I was just unlucky."

Not much to ask then, I essentially just wanted one that wasn't broken, I got this reply... "It will be thoroughly inspected" & "We'll send you the best one we have"

So what has just arrived at my door? My shiny new Big Chap LSB #513/750, I've only looked at it for one minute so I'm sure there will be plenty more to find but here goes...

The base plate has actually fallen off
The dome isn't centered and is sat to the left (how!!??)
A tendon on the opposite side to last time is broken and not completely in the box!
There is a large chip on the front of the skull!
A tooth is broken off at the tip, one of the front fangs.
There's a badly filled in crack on the shoulder
The dome is absolutely full of crap again due to it not being sealed properly!....
Several paint chips and air holes in the casting.
Scuffs and scratches on the dome.

This was my dream piece of last year, it has become a nightmare. I can't even be bothered to take any pictures, I'll have to do it later though as I'm having an operation tomorrow and won't be able to do much for a few weeks.

So unhappy.

Back