Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel sorry that you guys are going through this but anyone could see it coming from a mile away with this bust. It's almost comical but is isn't. Sideshow just does not have the means to tackle projects that require finesse.

I feel sorry that you guys are going through this but anyone could see it coming from a mile away with this bust. It's almost comical but is isn't. Sideshow just does not have the means to tackle projects that require finesse.
Issues are mostly QC and packaging. The actual bust is not bad(other than the paint on the teeth)

You are nothing but a thief.

If you pay for something what you really love and waiting about year to get it. If you get that with noticeable factory defect and they ask you to destroy it. I pay for it total 630$. If I thinking about return the many do you thing I get all back. Do you think our government will give me the tax if I destroy the piece? I don't think so. I'm going to destroy it because I don't have time to get around it. But if someone doesn't play correctly (post damaged pieces) don't except me to play the good guy here.

I really don't want be a thief, but I want what I pay for.

So my EX replacement just came and I gave it a really good look over. It is just about as flawless as this piece could be.

No broken tendons.
No dome scuffs.
No cracks, chips or broken anything.
Paint app is much better than my original piece, including on the dome tint which is lighter in the front allowing for a better view of the skull.
No sealing gaps around the dome.

I am back to being excited and happy about this piece. I even got the same EX# as the one I returned. EX #54.
I couldn't be more pleased with how this worked out.

Wow, congrats! I wish I'd been able to get a replacement for my EX. The reg I'm switching it out for should ship today or tomorrow hopefully. I'm crossing my fingers that I get one without issues.

So my EX replacement just came and I gave it a really good look over. It is just about as flawless as this piece could be.

No broken tendons.
No dome scuffs.
Paint app is much better than my original piece, including on the dome tint which is lighter in the front allowing for a better view of the skull.

I am back to being excited and happy about this piece. I even got the same EX# as the one I returned. EX #54.

Congrats Dr. Tongue...my damaged Ex is on its way back to SS. Supposedly, they found an Ex replacement for me. I only hope I'm as fortunate as you were with your replacement:pray:

Congrats Dr Tongue, you got the outcome we were all hoping for it seems. Enjoy it, I'm just looking for the HCG Giger head now...

Thanks guys. I don't really have the money to be a big SS collector (had to talk my wife into letting me pick this one up). So getting a broken piece from a franchise that is beloved to me sucked majorly. I typically stick to Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 items with a Predator here and there when I can collect. I'm more of a Giger fan than anything really.

To see SS make it right with a wonderful replacement for me made my almost year long wait for this guy worth it. I really hope all of you that have replacements on the way share my luck.

Congrats Dr. T. Teeth still bad?

Yeah that's pretty much why I mentioned it was as flawless as it could be. My personal opinion on the teeth as an art major (with some emphasis in sculpting/mold making) is that they were not properly sculpted. Typically you will sculpt each tooth separately, fire them, and then insert them into the mouth. To me these don't seem to have been done that way. Thus the lack of gaps between most of them and their general uneven texture/lumpiness. That, or they placed the separately sculpted teeth into the gums while they were soft and said eff it, resulting in the way they currently look.

Paint app on the teeth aside, which could be fixed, I think the underlying problem is sloppy or rushed craftsmanship when they were initially sculpted.

No broken tendons.
No dome scuffs.

Weird I was told by Daniel Campisi told me 2 weeks ago,there were no more replacements for the Ex,but you just got yours ?

I'm just saying maybe I got a replacement EX since I did it earlier. I don't really know? I did hound them on the phone during the whole process, making sure everytime I called that I'd be getting an EX in return. Not sure why they'd run out so fast other than most of these probably arrived broken. Sucks they ran out :(

The only difference between the ex and the regular is the nameplate. They were last i checked still selling the reg. And i myself as of friday last week. Was informed im getting sent a new nameplate as well as $50. So to anyone wondering.... Ss saying they have no ex's left is malarki. They should offer a replacement ex just unnumbered as an option.

Back