Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone :)
First i scraped of the paint and definde the teeth with a knife. Shaping and made the space between the teeth much more visible. After that i used Games workshop paint leadbelcher and ironbreaker. Many thin and smoth layers. After that it was slime time. Thats why the theeth looks "clumpy" in IRL it looks like the drool is dripping. The slime is made with water effects (WE), pourd out and sculped to the diffrent SHAPEs. After that ill put on some more WE and let gravity make it flow natural.

alien front.jpg

Sorry for the bad English but im tierd.

Good job on the repaint/slime. Really love the job you did on the Warrior bust as well. Your pics also highlight how much better the Warrior's teeth are compared to Big Chap. Not sure if it's bad sculpting or paint, or possibly a combination of both, but the Big Chap's teeth look so bad compared to Warriors, and would require more than just a simple repaint to fix them. I think these would require sanding them down nice and smooth and a bit of filing between the gaps to get the same kind of finish as Warrior's. Far too much effort for a novice like me. Would really love to see someone with some skill re-work the teeth on this bust and give them a repaint.

Had a look at the proto pics of Big Chap just before and felt sad. It really is a massive difference compared to what we received in hand. Annoying, as this was the one I was most looking forward to out of the 2 Alien busts.

I hope the 2 Predator LSB's currently on PO turn out better than this, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just blew in air in the front "opening" and put a vacuum cleaner at the back "opening", got out all styrofoam residue. The I resculpte the teeth and repainted them. After that I slimeiliste it :)

View attachment 149040

I was going to try something like this (the slime), just didn't know what to use or how to do it. Now I know! thanks for the tip. It would be awesome if you could post a "how to" video or instructions on how to do the slime.

On a side note, the dome of Big Chap in the proto pics is clearly more glossy than what we got. I've been thinking of making the dome on mine more glossy, by possibly using some gloss spray that I use on my paintings. but I have never used it on plastic so I am not sure if it will work. Anybody have any ideas?

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Not sure if it's the problems with the bust or the EX not being that sexy but no one seems to want mine for cost lol.

I do not think the actual collectibles market is as big these edition sizes are making them out to be. Especially to be sold out at the price that they are set at.

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

Not sure if it's the problems with the bust or the EX not being that sexy but no one seems to want mine for cost lol.

That sucks. I've gotten to the point that I'm buying less collectibles like this from the secondary market mainly because I want to be able to get a replacement if something is damaged when it arrives or be able to return it with no hassle. I'm pretty much only buying stuff I find at deep discounts if I don't get it from SS. Good luck with the sale though!

How is everyone finding the replacement/refund process? They're being very slow with me... wouldn't be a problem if it came without scuffs and such:gah:

When did you contact them?
You do realise that their offices have been closed for four days?

Does anyone know if Sideshow has released any comments or feedback about all of the complaints with this bust? I mean do they even read these comments or even care anymore? I was really looking forward to this, but after following everyone's disaster stories i'm not quite sure now. Seems to be a pretty consistent pattern emerging here. Dreading it's arrival.

Collectorcol I didn't know that, makes more sense now thanks! I've emailed them today and last friday, so guessing I'll hear fairly soon then?

You should get a reply soon. I got an out of office reply last week saying that they would be reopening today.

Back