Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does Alclad need to be air brushed?
Does using a brush cause bubbles or something?

Why does Alclad need to be air brushed?
Does using a brush cause bubbles or something?

You can try using a brush but its not recommended . Basically its a bit of a pain to apply and its due to its consistency being very fine that the air brush is recommended to use and will give you way better results. If you know someone who can do it, Id highly recommend getting it done. Its finishing results are awesome and way better than anything you get out of a can or anything a brush can do. Iv looked into this quite a few times at different products preying something is nearly as good that you can simply paint on but there just isnt anything that comes close :(

Can you just apply new paint over the poor paint job from sideshow? Or do you need to paint it black first, let it set, then repaint it? Do teeth need to be sand down or anything? Im new to this. My apologies for all the questions. Thank you!

Can you just apply new paint over the poor paint job from sideshow? Or do you need to paint it black first, let it set, then repaint it? Do teeth need to be sand down or anything? Im new to this. My apologies for all the questions. Thank you!

You can go straight over it no problem. And you dont need to do a black base coat but you would probably get a better result that way as it will add more depth and the chrome paint may sit and look better. Just applying a better chrome silver and some clear coat gloss should vastly improve what sideshow did.

I just dont get them sometimes. They do some awesome paint work especially on the alien range, add what looks to be an awesome clear dome showing the under laying skull and then let the infants paint the teeth . So weird lol

Having said that, the bust looks great, the dome and skull is stunning and the size is a massive, welcomed surprise . Congrats to all those that got one :)

Don't gloss Alclad, it will ruin the effect.

It is by far the best, but it requires careful preparation otherwise it will show up every little blemish right down to finger prints and brush strokes. It is worth the effort, but there are other options. Any chrome paint will improve the factory job no end so it's worth looking into some cheaper options if you aren't wanting to go through all of the prep required for Alclad.

Don't gloss Alclad, it will ruin the effect.

It is by far the best, but it requires careful preparation otherwise it will show up every little blemish right down to finger prints and brush strokes. It is worth the effort, but there are other options. Any chrome paint will improve the factory job no end so it's worth looking into some cheaper options if you aren't wanting to go through all of the prep required for Alclad.

Yea doesnt need any gloss. It really is fantastic stuff and the closest you'll get to chrome. For you guys in the US, I do know of a very good painter who use's alclad on lots of his paint ups and is very reasonably priced. Iv had a few busts from him and his work is very good. If you need a link, let me know.

This bust and the warrior bust REALLY make me want them to make an Alien 3 runner bust. With that one being the smallest of them all they could probably do a 1:1 runner bust and it would end up the same size as/close to this big chap bust. And you know they'd have to do chrome teeth on a 1:1.

Tomorrow I'll get my big chap...I'm afraid that customs are going to suck my blood until the last drop.

I promise pictures, pictures. Pics for everyone xDD

Tomorrow I'll get my big chap...I'm afraid that customs are going to suck my blood until the last drop.

I promise pictures, pictures. Pics for everyone xDD

Congratulations my friend, I will have to wait another few months for the arrival of the regular in Europe, I recommend you post so many beautiful pictures and also with the comparison if you keep it with the warrior

I'm supposed to get charged tomorrow. Really hope they get him out the same day. I won't get him until Tuesday if they do but it'd at least be here before the Thanksgiving holiday mess.

Im getting charged tomorrow as well. Just cleared up my card dispute and issues so im good to go. Cant wait to have in hand. Im surprised theres not more pics posted though.

Back