Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it is just the nature of this hobby but Sideshow is testing my patience. Sideshow generates a good deal of excitement and interest in this piece at ComicCon over the summer (along with others...Predator 2 Maquette, Prometheus Engineer, etc.) then does nothing with it:slap They make us wait for god knows how long for the full reveal/pricing/pre-order information etc. Once they do reveal this information, they will set an expected delivery date that they know they cannot meet. There will be two to three delays at a minimum (seems to be standard operating procedure for SS). With all this in mind, we will get our first in-hand production pieces delivered in mid to late 2015 if we're lucky. And after all that time, a good number of production pieces will need to be sent back because of paint defects, chips, etc. creating further frustration and delay. Talk about killing interest:mad:... Is this the best way to run a business?

Maybe I'm just having a bad day:(
At least these lines got new items, guys waiting for the promised Post-SDCC announcements of Lord of the Rings stuff still have not heard a peep.

At least these lines got new items, guys waiting for the promised Post-SDCC announcements of Lord of the Rings stuff still have not heard a peep.

Don't think you're gonna hear any of those in the near future, LotR has been signed over to Weta NZ again, as far as statues and busts goes that is. Which is a good thing I think anyway.

Also got here because of the Big Chap bust btw and agree that it takes a long time before prices are out. Been waiting for a while now and seems to take a long time. Not in a hurry, but hope when they do post them up the ain't gonna be too high :(

They are taking too long. Even as a huge fan I have lost interest in the P2 maquette now. This big chap is holding my interest still however (mainly because i have no big chap pieces!) so I hope they put it up soon. If it is a stupid price I will happily not give then a penny (cent) though.

They are taking too long. Even as a huge fan I have lost interest in the P2 maquette now. This big chap is holding my interest still however (mainly because i have no big chap pieces!) so I hope they put it up soon. If it is a stupid price I will happily not give then a penny (cent) though.

i fully agree! looking out for seeing more pics and the price!!

Don't think you're gonna hear any of those in the near future, LotR has been signed over to Weta NZ again, as far as statues and busts goes that is. Which is a good thing I think anyway.:(

Just the small stuff goes to Weta. I prefur the PF and LSB sideshow pieces to any weta. They are nice, just too small.

I would't pay over 600$ for it. The predator and Iron man Legendary scale busts were both under 400$...

Furystroms post was sarcasm, they were actually listed as TBD. I cant see this being anywhere near that amount... I certainly wouldn't pay that and I love it!!

Could it be...with this and the P2 maquette...that Sideshow are treating these licenses with respect again?!

Furystroms post was sarcasm, they were actually listed as TBD. I cant see this being anywhere near that amount... I certainly wouldn't pay that and I love it!!

Thank god.. I hope the price is reasonable. The only space I have now it a shelf that is 1 foot away from the wall. It probably won't fit...:gah:

Last edited:
Had little to no interest in this until I just came across this picture...

zsltoj.jpg

Back