Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite alien is Big Chap (anyone know why he's named like that btw?) so this is a must buy for me but I certainly wouldn't be against chrome teeth.

The original movie was filmed near London back in the late 70's and it was just a nickname of sorts for the character on the set since it didn't really have a proper name...

Last edited:
Does anyone expect them to do a Predalien LSB? Would defiantly love to see one of those.

Expect them to? No. WANT them to? Yes :) They already made the life-size version, and that seemed to sell well, so you never know! I wouldn't count on it for quite a while though, but it's definitely one I'd love as well!

I also would like to see SS make the extra effort to chrome the teeth. Be that as it may, I still think this is an impressive looking piece that I'd love to own if the price is reasonable (oh, please be reasonable:pray:) Is it a perfect representation?...no (most are not). But it still looks to be a killer piece that any Alien fan would desire.

P.S.-Disappointed that we never, apparently, got a photo/video of someone standing next to the display so that we might better guage the size/scale of this thing:(

I also would like to see SS make the extra effort to chrome the teeth. Be that as it may, I still think this is an impressive looking piece that I'd love to own if the price is reasonable (oh, please be reasonable:pray:) Is it a perfect representation?...no (most are not). But it still looks to be a killer piece that any Alien fan would desire.

P.S.-Disappointed that we never, apparently, got a photo/video of someone standing next to the display so that we might better guage the size/scale of this thing:(

One of the videos had the person taking it say that the face was about the size of their hand. Granted, hands come in various sizes, but I'm sure that could give a rough estimate of how big it is.

In the pictures of the Catwoman Legendary Scale statue, you can see this bust in the background and it looks quite hefty compared to those looking in on it! In the end, I think it'll be a long piece that gives it a much bigger look than most LSB; however, the height will likely be around the same!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=39049

This just went up under the preview today (damn, I was hoping it'd be one of the few to go up for pre-order...the wait for details is killing me!!)

To make some of you feel better, it LOOKS like the teeth are more chrome in the preview! So who knows if they planned to go that route, but couldn't get it done for the show in time, or what they're doing exactly. It may also just be how it comes off in the picture, but maybe those who wanted chrome will like how it looks here? Either way, I love it and can't wait!

Ooh, a step in the right direction... :)
Can't wait for more info regarding price, edition size etc.

Not sure if the preview pic has actual chrome on it (I'm on my phone now) but it does look really shiny. More than the proto at SDCC. But that could just be photoshopped. We will know for sure soon enough with the full reveal.

Please be under $500! :pray:

Not sure if the preview pic has actual chrome on it (I'm on my phone now) but it does look really shiny. More than the proto at SDCC. But that could just be photoshopped. We will know for sure soon enough with the full reveal.

Please be under $500! :pray:

Don't they preview it and the next week it go up for order?

That'd be nice! But the rules may change during SDCC month since they preview so much.

Still, I'm hoping it does go up soon! Just want to get it locked down and off my mind :)

I hope so. Oh and that's what I meant to say. PO = full reveal. Sorry about the mixup if there was any.

I'm with the rest of you guys. I just need the full specs and price of this, PO it and not think about till the shipping date, lol.

Now where's that Queen of the dead and Engineer PO? :impatient:

I really hate to break it to the optimists on here that thought they fixed the teeth since comic con, but the teeth in the preview pic on ss's website just look better because of lighting, they are the same paint. I wish you were right about the chrome tho.

The only doubt i have about buying this is that it isn't life size. If the specs show that it is huge i'll probably buy this. I'll set it up next to my cm alien.

He's not life sized. I stood next to this. I'd call it slightly larger than 1/2 sized, as the Alien's head should be quite long! He was a formidable beast. There are plenty of images of this in close proximity to the Engineer PF as reference. That PF was about a reg. person PF size although, I know, it should have been much larger itself...

Maybe this will help for reference. The Engineer is about the height of Jason PF, best guess...

https://i292.photobucket.com/albums...E92A653-1454-0000020DA17B4333_zps6e1d2c6a.mp4

And how tall is the Jason PF? If the Engineer is about average PF height (19"-22") then I wouldn't think that he's 1/4. More like 1/5? Man, that really sucks. He should be just as tall (or taller) than the SS Big Chap maquette. :(

I still plan on ordering him though, as I would like to have a large sized Engineer in my Alien collection. I plan on ordering this bust as well, depending on price.

Thanks for the vid. :wave

I really hate to break it to the optimists on here that thought they fixed the teeth since comic con, but the teeth in the preview pic on ss's website just look better because of lighting, they are the same paint. I wish you were right about the chrome tho.

That's a huge bummer. You're right. Hopefully they change their mind about this.

Come on Sideshow artist really matte finish teeth? In this day and age you are judged for the work you do. Why be highlighted in the negative spot light when this is a very special piece of art to collectors. The classic Alien has chrome metal teeth.

Fact: Sideshow artist you need to think and invision industrial biomechanics and heavy metal.

Fact: Sideshow take the seek to understand approach and listen to you're fans!

Fact: Take the negative and positive feedback being highlighted about the product and utilize it into the final build of the Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust.

Fact: These will never be produced again so go out in a bang and make it count for something if you're asking for $799.00

Last edited:
Back