Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my ex, have some issues. scuffs, scratches, broken tendon, sloppy paint on dome in front. also, on the right side, the dome was not put on correctly and there is gap showing which I think they tried to cover up with the black goo paint.

Congrats Fremen! Glad you got a great counterpart to your Warrior! I looked at it again when I got home from work, and I'm just blown away by this piece. Definitely one of my favourites.

:hi5:

1.jpg
2.jpg

These are two of the coolest "behind the Sideshow curtain" shots I've seen...and honestly, it couldn't have happened with a better piece! First person in the factory that morning, switches on the lights...

AliensCeiling.gif

got my ex, have some issues. scuffs, scratches, broken tendon, sloppy paint on dome in front. also, on the right side, the dome was not put on correctly and there is gap showing which I think they tried to cover up with the black goo paint.

Looks like your tendon broke exactly like mine did on that side. And that smudge on the nose is similar to the one on the dome of mine as well. If I had one in a noticeable spot like that I think I would send it back. As for now I'm still sitting on mine.

And nice Fremen. Yours looks fantastic. Glad to see it!

Not as bad as some, but a nasty scuff right on the front of the dome. What's the procedure for things like this? Will they make me ship it back to them at my own expense?

DSC_0089.JPG

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

damn, they better have enough replacements

Re: Alien Legendary Scale Bust

not a good start for me :( need to check the rest (also got cap today) but have to leave now :(
p.s. HUGE bust, bigger than P1 & P2

With all these damaged busts coming, I really don't know what to do.
Do I destroy it for a replacement with the risk of having a worst one...?

Not as bad as some, but a nasty scuff right on the front of the dome. What's the procedure for things like this? Will they make me ship it back to them at my own expense?

I had broken tendons and some other issues with mine. I sent in a return request and they sent me a printable shipping label. In my situation I have to send mine back before they'll send me a replacement. In which case I risk getting a replacement with greater issues, which is likely given the amount of damaged busts we've all seen. I plan to contact them again and ask for some sort of credit or partial refund rather than do a full return. I can live with the flaws mine has. It really is a nice piece overall.

I was wondering, what happens if the replacement is defective too? Are we stuck with it?

I had broken tendons and some other issues with mine. I sent in a return request and they sent me a printable shipping label. In my situation I have to send mine back before they'll send me a replacement. In which case I risk getting a replacement with greater issues, which is likely given the amount of damaged busts we've all seen. I plan to contact them again and ask for some sort of credit or partial refund rather than do a full return. I can live with the flaws mine has. It really is a nice piece overall.
How much of a refund/credit would you be happy with?

My scuff is right on the front so I can't convince myself to live with it.

How much of a refund/credit would you be happy with?

My scuff is right on the front so I can't convince myself to live with it.

Well I didn't really have any scuffs. The main points of damage were broken tendons on both sides. On the left side I have the piece to glue back with little issue. But the right side I am missing the tendon piece completely. I'd be satisfied to get back something like $60. If they would even do that. This piece is a risky return I believe, especially if you feel like you can deal with whatever issues yours has.

Well I didn't really have any scuffs. The main points of damage were broken tendons on both sides. On the left side I have the piece to glue back with little issue. But the right side I am missing the tendon piece completely. I'd be satisfied to get back something like $60. If they would even do that. This piece is a risky return I believe, especially if you feel like you can deal with whatever issues yours has.

I am in the exact same situation.
Tendons broken on both sides. With missing parts. It's weird.
Lots of people have the exact same broken tendons, at the exact same spot. I mean the long one on the left side.
I saw that on lots of pictures.

That's a relief, I've just emailed them. Have you received yours yet?
Nope! Useless Tracking still says left Indianapolis on Thursday.

If your replacement is still no good they may send you another, offer a partial refund or full refund once destroyed/returned.
You can't keep him with that scratch on the front.

You can't keep him with that scratch on the front.

I agree. If mine had any noticeable damage to the face (which is of course the main focal point) I would definitely try for a return. Especially if I already had broken tendons on top of that.

Another reason I'm reluctant to send mine back is I got EX#54. Which makes this and my warrior (#20) the lowest edition numbers I have ever gotten on a collectible.

Back