Statue Alien: Big Chap Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Warrior is noticeably smaller but its also a beautifully sculpted piece. If you are a fan of the creature design I would try and get one. If you’re just looking for a companion piece the Predator 1 bust (Don’t have P2) would also look good. The OCD in me will not allow me to display mine together though :lol Can’t do it. Want to just can’t :cuckoo:

I’m hoping for a Dog that is somewhere between the Warrior and Big Chap to balance things out a little.

I've been lurking this thread for a while now, awaiting my big chap, and getting more and more anxious as the first busts came in with major quality issues. But my bust has finally arrived, and it's a good one. :) Not perfect by any stretch, but very good.

First off, the retailer I ordered from surprised me by bumping me up to the exclusive version (#133 of 750) from the regular, so that was an unexpected bonus. The bust had almost no protective wrapping, and I had to spend a good 10 minutes just cleaning off all the little styrofoam bits that had gotten all over the bust (really, Sideshow? you couldn't have put a bag over it?). But once cleaned, the bust looks awesome.

The cons of my bust are ugly teeth (no surprise there), a handful of tiny dull spots on the dome, and the backs of both shoulders are scuffed (not visible when on display). Aside from the teeth, none of these issues are really noticeable. The base has a nice paint job AND has that glossy finish that the early busts seem to lack.

If anything, the exclusive nameplate is the letdown; it lacks the glossy finish of the bust and the letters are barely any lighter in colour than the background of the plaque. Although, I suppose I shouldn't be too disappointed, considering I hadn't expected to get the nameplate at all.

In all, I'm very happy with my big chap bust, and relieved that I seem to have gotten one of the later busts that got more attention from quality control.

Got a pretty decent one i'd say from what i've seen posted on here, it's certainly not perfect but i'm happy with it.

No scuffs or huge holes on or around the dome, all tendons are present & intact, paint is decent. Yeah there's the teeth but i'm not gonna go into that as it's been said a hundred times before.

Agree with what Col has said, it's not as good a bust as the Warrior but still a worthy edition to the collection.

2EnGZKK.jpg

US2Vp84.jpg

J8YRNTK.jpg

J8YRNTK.jpg

oKokkB6.jpg

UKvobVe.jpg

Glad you both got a good one, my replacement is shipping out today, I asked them to check for a few specific issues and was assured they would do so... fingers crossed.

Bullsquid, how on Earth did you get an EX from a retailer?

Bullsquid, how on Earth did you get an EX from a retailer?

My retailer (Imagination Hobby) had one each of the regular and exclusive versions available for pre-order, with the exclusive priced about $150 more, as I recall. I ordered the regular version. When they emailed me to let me know my bust had arrived, they said they were giving me the exclusive at no extra charge. They don't have either version listed for sale anymore, so I suspect they only got the one bust.

I guess the "Exclusive" version isn't actually exclusive to Sideshow after all.:dunno

My retailer (Imagination Hobby) had one each of the regular and exclusive versions available for pre-order, with the exclusive priced about $150 more, as I recall. I ordered the regular version. When they emailed me to let me know my bust had arrived, they said they were giving me the exclusive at no extra charge. They don't have either version listed for sale anymore, so I suspect they only got the one bust.

I guess the "Exclusive" version isn't actually exclusive to Sideshow after all.:dunno

First I've heard of it. Congratulations though!

I traded my EX into my local store. Could possibly be a way your got one.

Got a EX replacement 718/750 . Overall it looks much better , a few slight problems in the dome crease but I can live with it. I didn't notice one of the teeth however looks kinda funky like its cracked /chipped or something.

Just a couple minor things on my bust, but otherwise he and the exclusive plaque showed up just fine. Does anyone else's bust have some areas where the dome meets the head that looks like it was brushed with something opaque? I can't tell if it's glue or paint, but if I look closely at the shiny dome, there are a couple areas on the edge that aren't shiny.

Back