Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its super awesome. Id never say otherwise! Id love to lose sleep over it. But this piece has literally been through the giger museum and was hand signed away by his wife and other curators at the museum!

That's not saying much.

Tell me what kind of slim you think is right because I can pull the slim off it and put new slim on it any time.

I was making a lewd joke. The statue looks awesome. If you made it you did an amazing job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was making a lewd joke. The statue looks awesome. If you made it you did an amazing job!

Thanks and check out my life size predator build by Scott Marshall under Props/Statues, Aliens & Robots, page 4 or 5.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to spend the money on this. I love how it turned out, but it's still a ton of money.

It's definitely expensive but using sideshows payment plan made it pretty painless to me. I think they got the dome transparency perfect and for a production paint job, the paint under the dome is acceptable too. Glad I took the gamble. I think a plexi case that looks like the maquette is in order.

I think this looks very good for a mass production piece.The paintjob under the dome looks only "ok"..but I like the new chromed teeth and the overall look.
Good work Coolprop...a lot better as their Aliens heads.:)

I maybe wrong but shouldn't the small tube go around the front of the head just above the upper lip?

Geeger??

Anyway, I love how this turned out. Fantastic job Coolprops!

I'm especially excited for those two Predators. Looks like they got the dreads right. :yess:

That is how his name is pronounced. It’s funny how most (including myself for years) mispronounce it as Guy-gir.

I maybe wrong but shouldn't the small tube go around the front of the head just above the upper lip?

You are not wrong.
drawn-alien-warrior-4.jpg

He is wrong. The tubing is on the inner of the dome. Officially.

9391b8362975c0bdba0bc6129b1f5b74.png

aliengigerhug.jpg

160205164751-alien-bolaji-4-super-169.jpg

Theres this cheap stand-in head that made it into a few shots.

13-hr-giger-alien-1979-1.jpg.r.nocrop.w610.h610.jpg

And some of the toys do it. But the coolprops head is based off the images posted above ( the hero?), where the only piping is on the inner of the dome. But no, theres not supposed to be piping between the upper lip and dome on THIS version of the head.

drawn-alien-warrior-4.jpg

He is wrong. The tubing is on the inner of the dome. Officially.

9391b8362975c0bdba0bc6129b1f5b74.png

aliengigerhug.jpg

160205164751-alien-bolaji-4-super-169.jpg

Theres this cheap stand-in head that made it into a few shots.

13-hr-giger-alien-1979-1.jpg.r.nocrop.w610.h610.jpg

And some of the toys do it. But the coolprops head is based off the images posted above ( the hero?), where the only piping is on the inner of the dome. But no, theres not supposed to be piping between the upper lip and dome on THIS version of the head.

Yes but on the picture you posted it looks like the piping almost goes completely around the upper lip but on the cool props head it is not even close.

The one under the dome goes into the temple pockets behind the eye sockets. The other goes around the perimeter of the dome all the way around including above the lips. The pipe is not visible on all of the heads but it is there . Not sure if its because all the domes or heads were not exactly the same size and some domes cover the pipe and some butt up against it leaving it outside the dome. IDK Looking at the pics of the original suit it looks like although you can see the pipes I think its because the dome is still clear and they may be under the dome. This Coolprops offering does have the piping but its under the dome and covered with way too much black paint.

Like all things Alien. The simple answer is that it varies, and there is another small one inside the front of the dome, it's just hard to see in some images. CP have however made my personal favourite version, I love the sleek black look they have captured. I think I'm going to have to cave and order it.... Erggh it's all so expensive now!

nzx8tsf.jpg

Back