Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the head ? It's clean, impressive and detailed...Nothing to say about the prototype. I already own the dog alien life size and the prototype from the big chap looks more neat. I hope that the worlwide version we'll be as good as this one.

MY GOD! MY GOD! MY GOD!

This is the most beautiful and awesome alien prop I have ever seen!! Really thank you Eden!
Teeth aren't chromed on this one right? MY GOD..MY GOD!!

You're welcome! They aren't chromed but they announced on the details of the sideshow's page that the final version will be chromed.

You're welcome! They aren't chromed but they announced on the details of the sideshow's page that the final version will be chromed.

Yeah! It is absolutely phantastic. I can't see how they can do it bad...is not as difficult to paint than the dog...it is just the sculpt...it is perfect! Did you compare it with the original prop?

You know what I'm doing now eden? I put you photos on my 42" television to enjoy them better! Thanks so much:))

Yeah! It is absolutely phantastic. I can't see how they can do it bad...is not as difficult to paint than the dog...it is just the sculpt...it is perfect! Did you compare it with the original prop?

You know what I'm doing now eden? I put you photos on my 42" television to enjoy them better! Thanks so much:))

Exactly it's only the sculpture and trust me that's already the best point on the dog.

Happy to know that my pictures are usefull. Enjoy it :)

The top looks great...but the lower section is only ok in my eyes.If they really make 1000 it will be not so fast "sold out" for this high price.:wink1:

Yeah, Im receiving my Newborn bust in a couple of weeks and I think it looks better than this and costs $600 less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! The big chap is what it is..I prefer to not have lots of details that at the end makes the final piece looks worse than the proto.

The lower part of the big chap looks exactely the same than the original prop. In the movie we couldn't appreciate more details from that part, being the dome and the teeth the most visible part of the creature.

The dome and the teeth looks awesome and in the final piece , the teeth will be chromed so this is an extra there:)

The edition size is 850 and not 1000. I agree that with the price that bust costs, not all the people who wanted, will buy it...

I'm not rich but I have made an effort to buy it because I find that this bust is the most beautiful, awesome and accurated alien collectable I have ever seen...Franckly I don't know how it will be improved because is 1:1 and looks exactely the same than the original prop (giger's one: certified by Giger's Museum).

Of course, there are more beautiful/awesome collectables out there, but from Alien on my opinion, No. This is the Big Chap: The Alien. Everybody can recognize it and for me is the scariest monster I have ever seen. Can't wait to have it in front of me in my room...lol

The lower part of the big chap looks exactely the same than the original prop. In the movie we couldn't appreciate more details from that part, being the dome and the teeth the most visible part of the creature.

The dome and the teeth looks awesome and in the final piece

Absolutely my thoughts. I mean, thats it. Its a cast of the giger sculpt and mostly one of the heads used in the movie. It cant get much more further. of course the statue in the giger museum is a little bit difficult as a reference in my opinion because its too old and broken here and there. especially the lips. and there were more than just one heads used in the movie. the stunt head looks very different as an example. the lips and tendons are also a very delicate detail because its pretty hard to duplicate the appearance in the movie. you know the comdoms....
for me, this is the best official piece you can get today and in my opinion sort of an original giger art. and for that the price seems to be ok. anyway i dont have the money or the place for one of these.:)

I think the price will get lower when they can´t sell enough of them.The price for the only "ok" Aliens heads is a lot too high...but this is a joke.
So much more money for a chinese vacuumformed dome.Sorry coolprops.:lol

Absolutely my thoughts. I mean, thats it. Its a cast of the giger sculpt and mostly one of the heads used in the movie. It cant get much more further. of course the statue in the giger museum is a little bit difficult as a reference in my opinion because its too old and broken here and there. especially the lips. and there were more than just one heads used in the movie. the stunt head looks very different as an example. the lips and tendons are also a very delicate detail because its pretty hard to duplicate the appearance in the movie. you know the comdoms....
for me, this is the best official piece you can get today and in my opinion sort of an original giger art. and for that the price seems to be ok. anyway i dont have the money or the place for one of these.:)

Totally agree:)

Production sample
23472148_885160554985591_347396842176027386_n.jpg

Looks great. Did they change the teeth? It looks like it has less of the frown on the top teeth. 2 more payments to go !!

The perfect circles down the side look like ass. Why can't they just spend a few more minutes time and get it close to looking right?

160205164254-alien-bolaji-3-super-169.jpg

The dome is much lighter/clearer, I wonder how much of that is down to lighting? And the paint under it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm going to need to see better pictures before judging. But that picture wouldn't convince me to buy it...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcRfwlajTer/?taken-by=takeshi_ogawa_
Judging from these photos, it seems the Tokyo Comic-Con display is the production piece. The pattern under the dome looks like a "simplified version" paintjob compare to the sample piece, which matches the earlier photo of the first production piece coolprops have shown us. I wouldn't say I'm very impressed but as a mass production piece, I think I'm still happy for my order of this.

Back