Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone explain how would you display such a prop? It's way too long to display it sticking from a wall, but no one also wants to see this from it's side, the front is the money maker of this.

You literally need like a centerpiece for this yah?

Can someone explain how would you display such a prop? It's way too long to display it sticking from a wall, but no one also wants to see this from it's side, the front is the money maker of this.

You literally need like a centerpiece for this yah?

That is a great question. Once my warrior head gets here, I figure I'm going to have to play around quite a bit to get it right. If I come up with any good answers, I'll let you know.

I really like HCG's headsculpt with the shoulders...I don't know about anyone else, and I guess it's because I don't care too much about the movies or accuracy to get the best sculpt, but I feel like just having the head/dome is...wrong. I feel like it NEEDS shoulders...

I'm with you there, if these had shoulders I would have gone for the brown alien and the dog.

All of the life-size Alien heads from Coolprops will take up a lot of space. I'll bet most will display it in profile view.
In this case, I think the best way is inside of a glass trophy case. It can still be viewed from the face/mouth inside one of these.

The HCG bust may have had shoulders, but it looked nothing like the Big Chap and had wonky eye sockets to boot...

That's true, but for some reason, I really want the HCG sculpt. Is it really that terrible? :dunno:

img_10.jpg
img_14.jpg
img_15.jpg
img_16.jpg
img_17.jpg

I hope you can clearly see the skull through the dome on the production piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uploading a photo like that and including the shoulders is rubbing salt in the wound for us guys who wanted the full thing as opposed to just the head lol.

I'm sure they wont be adding them though, especially since the rest were released without and on that photo the dome is highlighted suggesting that the alterations will be there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like they care about getting it just right. Kind of a rare thing among collectible companies.

Based purely on that post, it looks like they are adjusting their model of the dome using a photo of the real prop (complete with shoulders) to match the shape. I doubt that shoulders will be added to the CoolProps piece, but it is nice to see them actually using a proper reference and not just winging it, like some companies.

Back