Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised, but I would have MUCH rather they had kept the 1000 ES, and lowered the price a bit. They could have balanced it so that they made the same profits that way, but allowed more of us to get this.

Let's hope this may make them think twice about giving the 1/3 maquette too crazy a price.

I bet Sideshow gets 850, they have 150 slated for Japan on their website. In total I am betting they make 1000.

Screenshot_20170730-102419.jpgScreenshot_20170730-102304.jpg20170730_102701.jpg
I don't mind the edition size because this thing is perfect for me too and I am glad to hace one on preorder. After seeing the final look of the alien maquette from coolprops, I am done whith this line:) can't afford this and prime one...prime1 look really really awesome but I think that having this and the maquette from coolprops will be a perfect representation of the beast! As they look exactely the same as the ones exposed in giger's museum , and hoping the QC is good enought, I would probably end here:)(probably...lol)

CP just posted this. Nice extra. I really like how CP added in plaques with the life size heads. Looks great displayed.

e are pleased to announce that for each piece of ALIEN/GIGER’S ALIEN LIFE-SIZE HEAD, certificate of authenticity hand signed by the museum director, Carmen Giger Scheifele will be supplied.
MUSEUM HR GIGER is a museum in Gruyères, Switzerland and HR Giger himself established this museum in 1998 to permanently display many of his art works.
Now the museum has been operated by museum director Carmen Giger Scheifele to maintain his art works.
we are discussing with MUSEUM HR GIGER for more special offer.
Please stay tuned with our updates on ALIEN/GIGER’S ALIEN LIFE-SIZE HEAD!

As much as I hated the teeth it looks like it is correct to the skull they copied.

CoolProps-Giger-Alien-Head-Replica-003.jpg

04_HR_Giger_Alien.jpg

missed this pic Python posted. Looks like similar skull. Same teeth. I guess I don't have much to beeotch at anymore...lol Looks pretty close to being spot on.

TkWBcTR.jpg

Hi Guys, I'll go to Giger's Museum this weekend or the next one. The head from Coolprops is there. If you want some particularly pictures let me know.

Hi Guys, I'll go to Giger's Museum this weekend or the next one. The head from Coolprops is there. If you want some particularly pictures let me know.
Sounds cool! Have a good time and any pics you wanna share would be great! Maybe just make a thread for the museum itself and the alien related goodness therein!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Yes please!!the only thing is that it is forbidden to take photos inside! Be careful...I visited it last september and we couldn't take photos inside:(.
Gruyeres is a very nice litle town. Giger's bar is also very nice! Enjoy your visit!!!
You will see a broken alien cinemaquette aswell...may be they put the bust in its place...lots of photos of it if its posdible and personal opinion about it after seeing the original props:)

I'm Swiss and I already went there twice. It's not possible to take pictures inside the museum but the head is at the exit so I think that'll not be not a problem to take pictures of the prototype.

Perfect!!Yeah! I hope they put the bust instead of the broken cinemaquette...could you check if the bust has chromed teeth and if it looks like "the alien":)). Also, tell us something about the paintjob!. Thanks again!!

No problem it'll be a pleasure to inform you about your questions

Thank you very much!I'll wait for your personal impressions and pictures;)

I already went there. Took pics and vids. The prototype is big and stunning. And the details and paint app really great. you can feel the quality. The teeth were not chromed as it was the first prototype before they made the change.
And the head is in the shop gallery, where you buy the tickets to go inside. So you can take as many pics and video as you want.

What about the head ? It's clean, impressive and detailed...Nothing to say about the prototype. I already own the dog alien life size and the prototype from the big chap looks more neat. I hope that the worldwide version we'll be as good as this one.

Back