Alien Big Chap 1:1 bust Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like how they copy too much from the HCG/giger 1:2 scale. I don't mind they use that as a reference for the headsculpt, but the base is a straight up copy, there's absolutely no reason for that. This reminds me of a person tracing someone's drawing. They have the talent and the official license to do their own statue but they choose to do this, not sure what is the backstory behind this but I really hope they decide to finish this as a full bust with shoulders in the end.

--

Last edited:
Wasn't the HCG mini bust that this seems to be a blown up version of done in collaboration with Giger himself?

I don´t think that Giger had a lot to do with this Alien.There are too many wrong details also on the 1:2 version.But he given his sign on the base..so I think they asked him for some details.:wink1:

I think I have agree with Theokan, it does looks like a straight away copy from the mini bust.
That is probably because Coolprops dosen't really have any in-house artist to do any complex design or refine work, what they can do is directly casting from the original mould, then maybe do some simple base design.
But talking about the accuracy, this one is still very good.
The only life-size licensed big chap I consider is good, well relatively good, is the SS&HCG one without shoulder.The inner skull is actually very accurate since it supposes to be a cast of one original props.
I got it a few months ago, it is a broken one, so I end up only paid 200 bucks for it. Since I have both 1:2 scale of this one and Giger mini alien head, maybe I will figure out some way to re-create the doom.
DSC08413_zpsoogroiqc.jpg
DSC08415_zpshbeqji4e.jpg
DSC08417_zpsbj4ehq21.jpg

Hmmmm....

Maybe it will be good that I got a bad 1:2 warrior, which made me not trust in getting a 1:2 BC even more.

With being able to see the sculpting of the skull, do you guys still think it is a copy and scaled up version of the HCG/giger 1:2 scale that others keep mentioning?

Also, will the final/production piece have a removable dome or set in place?

The skull needs a ton more work done to it

tumblr_le840kRzRb1qa96r9o1_500.jpg

It is WIP, but even so, not as much as you might think detail wise. If you look closely at the picture you posted, you'll see most of that detail is painted on including all of the rib like structures on his skull.

TkWBcTR.jpg

That's a great reference! Two things I notice straight away, the jaw or chin of cool props are way too pushed back, and the dome is not curvy enough, looks very straight.

There were two main heads used with a few differences. That ones mouth does stick out a bit, however...

cQsVxge.jpg

The 1/2 HCG one? It's probably the best one out there. Looking like that is no bad thing. The base is the same as they are both designed to match the one at the Giger museum I think.

I also like the 1/2 HCG one.But it looks a little bit "clean".I think a alien must look more wet and slimy.And most on the moutharea.
I have two 1:1 raw Alienbaseheads...one with dome and one without.Hope I can start to mold a Big Chap and a Warriorversion from this very soon.:)

Dome looks a little too 'chunky' here - not exactly bulbous, but certainly not sleek. That could be due to the solid grey texture used, but still...

Yeah, it does a little, but it is still wip I assume given that some of the tubes etc aren't detailed yet. I suppose it is possible the clear dome may be cast on the inside of that grey stand in which will give it a slightly narrower profile, who knows. As long as they get it looking like the real thing, I'll be happy..

SZNRfXk.jpg

Back