ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

avp2_1st_highres.jpg

Yeah, saw that picture floating around a while ago.
I'm not very inpressed with the design of the alien. Damn ADI!

It looks like ****, is what it loks like!
Somebody should tell Gillis and Woodruff that short, middle-aged men don't look good in alien suits.
Sorry for the negativity, but that picture always reminds me of everything ADI has done wrong with the alien design.

They did one really cool design for A3 (based on Giger's design) and that was it. After that they just robbed the alien of everyhting that made it menacing and actually alien and turned it into just another monster, and what's even worse: they just keep repeating themselves.
Bleh.

Pardon the interruption, but speaking of AvP, here's one of the nasties from that film fiasco playing 'peekaboo' with a Predator...

HTAvPGridAlien1-1.jpg

HTAvPGridAlien1.jpg

But it's a dangerous game, one that often ends badly for pesky xenomorphs...

P1010113.jpg

A triumphant hunter takes his trophy. Another alien bites the dust. :D

I haven't even unpacked that one yet...
Has anybody tried reomving the paint from the dome?

On a different subject: now that the excitement of getting Ripley has died down, I am wondering which body would be best to replace HT's effort.
As much as I love Ripley's soft boobies, it just doesn't look like Ripley... too short, too skinny.
I humbly come to you, oh masters of customization to seek enlightment (sp?).

Abake, why would you want to remove the paint from the Grid Alien dome? The regular warrior is still available, I don't see what sense there would be to getting the grid version just to strip off the paint.

I'll take any spare Grid ALiens! :D

Ripley replacement body = 21st Century Jacqueline assassin body!
Get one and try it. Just clothe her. She is not so hot for almost bare shoulders etc. But has the right tall, lean and lanky look for SW.

MaulFan said:
Abake, why would you want to remove the paint from the Grid Alien dome? The regular warrior is still available, I don't see what sense there would be to getting the grid version just to strip off the paint.

I had SST's brownie and Grid on pre-order, and cancelled the wrong one...
It was a bit too much to have all three (especially with the Aliens warrior announced), so I thought it would be better to keep the brownie (closer to an A:R version).
So I have Grid all packed up.
Anybody want to trade? :D

Les, is Jaqueline still readily available?

Just got a hicks figure from ups today, found one left on some little dodgy looking website :monkey1

have all the marines now :rock

abake said:
I had SST's brownie and Grid on pre-order, and cancelled the wrong one...
It was a bit too much to have all three (especially with the Aliens warrior announced), so I thought it would be better to keep the brownie (closer to an A:R version).
So I have Grid all packed up.
Anybody want to trade? :D

Les, is Jaqueline still readily available?

Would love to work out something on the Grid abake.:D
If we can. (email or PM me!)
And I will find you a Jacq if I can and send you info. They are out there, but now that half the world knows that's a good Ripley body...well...she's harder to find. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Great news Sidewinda! Enjoy!

Off subject - but for those of us who have pre-ordered the Alien 3 Maquette, it has been pushed back for a release in the 3rd quarter instead of the 2nd quarter. Im glad......saves me some money for a while :)
but I still cant wait to get it!

seanmh said:
Off subject - but for those of us who have pre-ordered the Alien 3 Maquette, it has been pushed back for a release in the 3rd quarter instead of the 2nd quarter. Im glad......saves me some money for a while :)
but I still cant wait to get it!
THANKS for the heads up!

WIP Nos Rip...

NosRipWIP.jpg

Waiting for a Hunky Rip head resculpt and then I'll commision a FML repaint...

For anyone interested in making one of these, I took my cue from the ONE, the ONLY FML, so far...

Nos Rip
21st Cent Jacqueline Body (decent articulation, tall and slender)
"Accurate" flightsuit (really nice material, soft, looks great in hand, accurate collar suit needs patches
Accurate sneaks
green t shirt
white shirt over
digital watch (on side of stand)

Flightsuit, green shirt, sneaks and dig watch:Special thanks to PaulCarson

As mentioned it is a work in progress, just got her dressed today, no futzing, just a mock up. Will snip the suit zip ties and clip shirt clasps (as suggested by WG)

It would be really interesting to see some Custom ALIEN figs from you guys, you know you can do it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back