ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this same guy who's last review (T 1000) was slammed all over this board, comments posted were like 3 to 1 negative? Yep checked, same guy. If that isn't a hint, I don't know what is. Anyone who doesn't even know Ripley's body wasn't sculpted for her doesn't deserve to have a review posted on this thread IMO.

Well, I guess it is appropriate for April Fools...

Last edited:
He was spot on about the smart gun handle. Mine broke after about 2 mins trying to pose his arms while attached to the gun, but like him a spot of SG helped me out.

Hi everyone finally got my pics uploaded online, I just linked to them in my sig if anyone want to look at 'em, you guys probably already have the newest marines so they aren't much lol.

I was going to customize them to make them a little more movie accurate but I'm satisfied with how they are for now, except drake's ugly mug lol. he's covered up abit with is headgear so I don't mind it much.

Should have my brown alien warrior and grid alien in this week :)

Last edited:
Although I don't agree with some of his observations, and although he's clearly not as obsesively well-informed as we are here at the glorius Aliens thread; I have to say that I find his reviews funny and entertaining.

One of Nine said:
He was spot on about the smart gun handle. Mine broke after about 2 mins trying to pose his arms while attached to the gun, but like him a spot of SG helped me out.
I bought mine pre-broke but got a good deal on it. It's super easy to fix though.

I'm gonna build my Rip this week. Any suggestions on how to keep her flight jacket sleeves rolled up on her arms? I may just use double sided tape inside the jacket sleeves...

Still looking for HT female hands, may have to find some substitute, maybe SSC female hands and drill them out or something like Howie does...

pjam said:
I'm gonna build my Rip this week. Any suggestions on how to keep her flight jacket sleeves rolled up on her arms? I may just use double sided tape inside the jacket sleeves...

Still looking for HT female hands, may have to find some substitute, maybe SSC female hands and drill them out or something like Howie does...
I think she had her sleeves pushed up on her arms, low tack double sided tape might work well. If you ever have to roll a 1:6 figure's sleeves up their arms, always take the jacket or shirt off the figure and pre-roll the sleeves up and then slip the jacket on (it also helps to not have the hands to deal with when sliding the jacket back on so remove them too).

Thanks SM, That's what I had in mind, I'll prolly have the flight jacket over her T shirt, no blue jacket so it'll be a snap...

Still looking for female hands though, the gloved one's need replacing... maybe an Art Buck Female, ( dare I say Art Buck? LOL)

pjam said:
Isn't this same guy who's last review (T 1000) was slammed all over this board, comments posted were like 3 to 1 negative? Yep checked, same guy. If that isn't a hint, I don't know what is. Anyone who doesn't even know Ripley's body wasn't sculpted for her doesn't deserve to have a review posted on this thread IMO.

Well, I guess it is appropriate for April Fools...
I couldn't agree with you more pjam. Did Michael just pull some nerd off the street to review these? He obviously has no clue that Hudson utilizes the Viet Nam Stoner headsculpt or that it doubles for a perfect Michael Biehn likeness to swap for Hicks (thanks again Hot Toys) and goes on to ridicule Hot Toys for being poor sculptors. If he only had the first clue about the likeness issues (see my last post) or knew the first thing about customizing and how these "model kits" can be made to look IDENTICAL to their movie counterparts he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. His last review of the T-1000 was completely off base it wasn't funny. I don't understand why Michael didn't review these himself. Maybe the guy has his hands full but why not recruit someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about not some ignorant putz who obviously thinks he's being clever with his writing. I prefer an unbiased and objective review that can argue the pros and the cons with equal validity.

I don't mean to rail too hard on Michael because I love his reviews but this clown is simply not qualified to do a review on these pieces. I'm sure HC will appreciate those "horny Asian sculptors" comments too... that female body has been used for years now...

Here's a Hicks Hot Toys headsculpt repainted by Les... to prove my point... yeah, these are kits produced with license restrictions so WE CAN AFFORD THEM, and they are the best Aliens figs ever made... once customized they are priceless for Collectors like us, most 12 year olds understand that.

DSC02811.jpg

And of course we've all seen this from Les
Rip009.jpg

So besides Apone, Hudson, we had to get custom heads, so what. I can handle it. Be interested to see a Drake repaint, he's not that far off either... what ever, these are a once in a lifetime opportunity to have sixth scale poseable Aliens figs of high quality, like I said, priceless to guys like us...

Last edited:
King Darkness said:
:lol Good luck finding them!

I just read the review, man do I hate this reviewer! I wish he'd go away and never send a review to Michael again.
The guy covered the paint apps, accessories, and bodies in the damn sculpting section, and had to retread the same territory in their respective categories. :confused:
I also see that Michael had to fix his scores. He still thinks that all reviews on the site are done with a 5 star rating system. :rotfl

well I finally cast the Ripley head I've been sent to work on, so the resculpting can now start. ooh! This is exciting, lol

Mudshark said:
That "review" simply HAD to be an April Fool's gag... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

FOOL is right. Problem is his other review stunk just as bad. I dare Michael to recruit one of the Freaks on future reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back