ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My pleasure,

Here we go: the facehugger tubes are in scale with 6" figures. So are the cryo-tubes.

The Dropship is made by Aoshima, and is made of diecast metal. The alien queen came with the ship. Inside the ship is Aoshima's APC. A very cool feature if I do say so myself. (also metal) All in 1/72 scale.

:)

DBoz said:
No pics, but I sat down with the DVD when I put mine together. From what I could tell, Drake didn't wear anything except for his Smartgun setup and the hat. No pistol, no belt, no pouches. He did have a small knife strapped to his left ankle, though. The best parts to see shots of him are when the marines enter the colony and when they are in the atmosphere processor. I'll see If I can get some screen caps when I get home from work.

Thanks DBoz! :)

OK, here's some screen caps of Drake showing that he does not wear pouches. In some pics it looks like he's got a pouch, but it is padding from the smartgun harness. In the last pic you can see the knife on his ankle.

A few more pics of Drake and a bonus pic of Hudson, showing his pouch set up, at least from the left side.

Drake1.jpg

Drake2.jpg

Drake3.jpg

Drake4.jpg

Drake5.jpg

Drake6.jpg

Drake7.jpg

Drake8.jpg

Drake9.jpg

Thanks for all those great screencaps, DBoz. Somebody's been doing their Aliens homework! Drake's leg knife looks like it might be a newer model Kabar (black grip & black leather or cordura sheath), judging from the photo. Shouldn't be too hard to find a similar-looking combat knife anyway.

I may have missed an earlier posting, but it looks like HT neglected to include Drake's sleeveless OD T-shirt, which he is clearly wearing under the FLAK vest. Has anyone found a source for a 1:6 scale OD green T-shirts yet? There are probably several modern Dragon figures who have 'em, I just can't remember which ones at the moment. Some help here would be much appreciated! :D

pjam said:
Repainting his head to match a rubber neck and body won't be easy anyway...
I just think it's strange how the Drake figure has those long sideburns and pencil thin mustache since Mark Rolston doesn't have them in the film. I think you could get pretty close matching skin tones. At the very least repaint the hair to match his light blonde. As Mudshark pointed out he's wearing his sleeveless OD shirt under the vest so he doesn't look like Gung Ho Joe.

Hello all... New to the board and hobby. Just wanted to post a pic or two of my Drake. The "dirty sanchez" look he had bothered me so much I attempted my second re-paint. I know it's not much and I'm gonna try again today but I think it's an improvement over HT's paint app. Also didn't paint the flesh tone over because I wanted a "sweaty" look. Will post follow up pix when done...

Great screen caps guys! Awesome, more than anyone would need to repaint their Drake. I highly recommend picking one up if you haven't. These will be one of those sleepy creepers on ebay and will cost more in six months. I remember when Vas could be picked up for 90 not long ago, now she is like 150 so...

Drake COULD use a repaint but I like mine, the overall fig is so badass. I will probably have his smartgun repainted with b-itch as that defines him as the "Tip of the Spear" of the crew, get him a t shirt and might sand off or repaint the stache, maybe at one point do the hair and eyebrows, throw him a scar but I digs him already...

DSC03673.jpg

P@CK@R@CK said:
Hello all... New to the board and hobby. Just wanted to post a pic or two of my Drake. The "dirty sanchez" look he had bothered me so much I attempted my second re-paint. I know it's not much and I'm gonna try again today but I think it's an improvement over HT's paint app. Also didn't paint the flesh tone over because I wanted a "sweaty" look. Will post follow up pix when done...

I think that is a definite improvement, just removing the stache helps if it bothers anyone, but the great thing about these "kits" is they give you all you need to customize yours the way you want...

Last edited:
Among all the other "errors" I made yesterday, I decided to transplant Drake's head onto another body. I was hesitant to use the fleshy one not knowing how it will hold up. I'm not unhappy with the switch, the waist buckles won't reach. Anyone have a suggestion for how I can easily lengthen them? Les? Josh? Anyone?

I would switch it back dude. And periodically wipe the body with armor all between displaying it out in the open... that's what I do with the rubber, will do with the Aliens Warrior too...

dekadentdave said:

These are really excellent reference shots for anyone who wants to repaint Drake's mug. The sculpted hair doesn't look quite right when you compare it with the photos. It looks like someone plastered a bunch of spaghetti on his skull, and the color sure doesn't help it any! The hair sculpt on Vasquez looks much better, imo.

Btw, does anyone else see a resemblance between Drake and Clancy Brown in the second photo? It must be that grin. I'll bet Drake would've made a pretty decent Kurgan, anyway.

does anyone have the hottoys grid alien, I just acquired one and would like to see some open pics of it, if anyone doesn't mind posting them :)

sidewinda said:
does anyone have the hottoys grid alien, I just acquired one and would like to see some open pics of it, if anyone doesn't mind posting them :)

Hi Sidewinda! You got yourself one of the nicest of the AvP aliens there, and a bonus Facehugger, too! I've got a Grid Alien and I've been trying to get some good pix of it outdoors. I'm putting together the Ancient Predator Asia exclusive at the moment, so I'll try to get some good pix of them together soon and post 'em for ya.

A belated welcome to the THE Aliens thread, btw!
:welcome

Mudshark said:
Hi Sidewinda! You got yourself one of the nicest of the AvP aliens there, and a bonus Facehugger, too! I've got a Grid Alien and I've been trying to get some good pix of it outdoors. I'm putting together the Ancient Predator Asia exclusive at the moment, so I'll try to get some good pix of them together soon and post 'em for ya.

A belated welcome to the THE Aliens thread, btw!
:welcome

that would be great, thanks in advance for when you post the pics, I want to get the ancient predator sometime soon so that's excellent you're doing that one right now.

Thanks for the welcome :chew

New question: knives!

Does Hicks and Hudson have the same Gerber type knife? Or is Hudson's a thicker blade?

Also, anyone know if Drake has his knife strapped to his shin OR tucked into his boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back