ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

Cause im new round these parts, could someone tell me where to get these custom heads from and how much they cost (or point me in the right direction?)

I like the idea of replacing Hicks and Hudsons (when he arrives ) heads. Also, has anyone thought of replacing Hick's body with a Hudson as it comes with the rubber body suit? I see you can get a Hudson body on Ebay just now.

Ta!

nash said:
Metal wire in his arm? I thought the muscular bodies were just rubber suits over the standard HT body?

here's what's under the HT muscle bod's torso.

25173895bt0.jpg

seems quite a few have reported breaks in the skeleton occuring at elbows and shoulders along w. cracking skin. but Wor had a great idea about putting some blood around the cracks for wounds. i'll definitely do that on mine if the cracks are visible, but i'm not giving him bloody arm pits if that's where it cracks lol.

the rubber suits u spoke of is probably the muscle leg sheaths that HT makes. those slip right over normal plastic figure legs.

Last edited:
Hot Toys should sell some replacement sheaths for muscle bodies. I know you can find some loose, I've picked some up but for specific bodies like the Rambos that have character specific scars and also the skin tones are darker.

screamingmetal said:
OH crap! Just found out that Newline Miniatures has made Vietnam jungle style cloth boots. The same kind the Marines wore in Aliens! Looks like I'm going to have to start saving to replace all those crappy Hot Toys boots.
:banana

I was excited too when I heard this but the problem with them, if you're an accuracy nut, is that the soles are the wrong pattern. They need to be Panama soles.

dekadentdave said:
Hot Toys should sell some replacement sheaths for muscle bodies. I know you can find some loose, I've picked some up but for specific bodies like the Rambos that have character specific scars and also the skin tones are darker.

that'd be a good idea, but i don't think u can just use a sheath for the torso. that rubber is formed/molded around that skeleton. the guy i got that pic from had to cut all the rubber "skin" off to take that pic, basically ruining the fig. i've never seen any loose. if u have any torso sheaths i'd love to see pics/

Reinhardt said:
What are the main differences between the Hudson and Hicks figures? (apart from the head and the chest piece)

Thanks!

Well, head... chest armor.. Knife on opposite strap, different boots, Hudson has name tags, Hicks has the shotgun and sheath... That's about it.. very minor difference...

DarkArtist81 said:
Well, head... chest armor.. Knife on opposite strap, different boots, Hudson has name tags, Hicks has the shotgun and sheath... That's about it.. very minor difference...

Not 100% sure but doesn't Hudson also have a camo cover (matching his fatigues) on his helmet as well?

thanks all! I'm trying to decide if i should just get two hudsons, and have one with hicks's head and one with hudson's, since hicks is basicly impossible to fine now.

what do you think?

Not a bad idea, you'd just have to repaint the armour.
Incidentally, HT's Hudson has the knife sheath on the correct side for Hicks.

for anyone who has the hudson figure, can the camo cover be removed from the helmet? is the helmet painted underneath?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back