ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dekadentdave said:
Let's just hope that when the Queen is announced that they decide to throw in the egg sack after taking pre-orders without it for the same price. :lol

You mean the depositor? Fat chance. Her Majesty may come with a few eggs though. HT should really consider doing acc packs, so much to do, facehuggers, eggs, etc. I would buy a bunch of eggs just to make the Egg chamber scene work, but an egg depositor, you never know with HC.

Btw, another scene stolen from "THEM", the grandaddy.

I was half-joking pjam but one thing about Hot Toys is that they always surprise us by making the impossible become true. And if someone can make a 1:6 scale functional APC, I would not rule out the possibility.

I know Dave... besides I need YOU to do my cage lights or at least advise us what to do, easy peasy.

I don't think there is a link to a stand alone PL anymore on any HT or Asian Distributor site and if it aint on the HT home page anymore, it can only be a Combo now. :cool:

screamingmetal said:
Where did you get Vasquez from?

I was checking ebay last week and someone had just put her up MIB never opened with a BIN price of $100 or Best Offer. I offered $85 and immediately regretted it since I statred to think how hard she is to find now so I went back and was just going to do the BIN price and I saw that my offer was accepted. Probably the best deal on ebay I have gotten.

This from the HT NEWS page:

Next Brilliant 1/6th from ALIENS

Good news for Aliens collectors!! If you have attended the New York Toy Fair 2007, you should already had a look on our awesome 1/6th scale Power Loader with Ellen Ripley model kit set and the Alien Warrior. Yes, Hot Toys is about to release a 21 inches high (Approximate) 1/6th scale Power Loader with Ellen Ripley model kit set and the 16 inches high Alien Warrior model kit from Aliens. These two items will be release in Q2, 2007.

Seems that HT is indeed announcing the PL WITH Ripley now officially as their only PL offering.

If that's the case and this information was revealed at Toy Fair, why then did Sideshow not know about this? Seriously, they have a close business relationship with Hot Toys and the product details should have been revealed to them BEFORE it was publicly announced at Toy Fair.

dekadentdave said:
If that's the case and this information was revealed at Toy Fair, why then did Sideshow not know about this? Seriously, they have a close business relationship with Hot Toys and the product details should have been revealed to them BEFORE it was publicly announced at Toy Fair.

This decision must have been made recently. I mean, the sites are just coverting their news now.

Perhaps complaints about price initiated it. Perhaps pre-orders weren't as good as HT had hoped.

But I think HT wants to make Ripley a loss-leader to get more people into the line... AND to hook people into buying the Queen, which will have a hefty price tag.

So then according to that announcement it will be released in Q2 instead of Q3. So will SS get theirs Q2 or will they pull an Endoskeleton and release them earlier to Asian distributors like Blister Direct and Toy Square and later in the year Sideshow will get theirs?

Just got my Ripley and as soon as I tried to put the boots on the foot peg inside the boot snapped off. Looks like I'll be giving SS a call and I'll be sure to ask them about the PL w/Ripley as well.

dekadentdave said:
Just got my Ripley and as soon as I tried to put the boots on the foot peg inside the boot snapped off. Looks like I'll be giving SS a call and I'll be sure to ask them about the PL w/Ripley as well.

Sorry, Dave.

But how do you like the figure in general?

She's a good figure. A little repaint on the hair and eyes and she'll look like Sigourney. Definitely needs that aviator jacket though. That blue one just doesn't do it for me. Was it suppossed to have a Sulaco patch on the sleeve? Maybe I'm thinking of the first film.

No patches I know of, her outfit is film accurate. The Marines have patches. Good to know you think she just needs a minor repaint, always thought the HS was there. Anyway, yeah, got to be careful snapping her legs in.

And there's no way SSC can sell the PL alone for 250 now, their site just needs updating, prolly NL Thurs, maybe sooner or there'll be massive cancellations and a mad scramble to TS and other sites...

I just realized that Ellen Ripley is my first female 1:6 figure in my collection. Maybe it's because I always thought female figures were too much like dolls or just the fact that they don't make enough of them. Ripley will be the sole female (just like Alien 3) until Sarah Connor gets here.

It's good to know that Reebok will still be a leading manufacturer of sneakers several centuries from now...

reebok.jpg

dekadentdave said:
It's good to know that Reebok will still be a leading manufacturer of sneakers several centuries from now...

reebok.jpg

Ive got a pair very similar to those, different colour (putty) and not so high. Reebok re-released them a while ago, they are called "Alien Stompers" (no joke!) Very comfy, still wear them today! I think they were for the Japanese market, but that could have been leather versions (limited), im not to sure.

I got mine last year, so I don't know how easy they would be to find now. I think a few Japanese sites still sell them, all other sites seem to be sold out. Here's a link to show you what they look like.

https://www.immortalsole.co.uk/item--Reebok-Alien-Stomper--alien-stomper-w-si-blu.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back