ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"YOU SECURE THAT ***** HUDSON!" :lol

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05123.jpg

First Hudson Pics. yeah i know they were dressed different in this scene, just having fun. Apone baseball cap a bit small with too large EVA patch. Frontline head painted beautifully by Custom Mikey.

Hudson FML Chronos head is also on the small side, helmet is large on him but can be tilted to look better. But I do love the expression Les gave me, I wanted him goofy scared and Les did just that. Switched out hands for flesh HT hands. Hudson BDUs weathered by Dark Artist...

I'll have more pics when I get Hud built...

Last edited:
"Hey Sarge, you get lip cancer smokin' those." :lol

P, you gotta give hudson the sleeveless shirt like Drake and the backwards cap.

Yeah, he's getting a sleeveless shirt fer sur... baseball cap could make him...

The camo helmet IS big on him though, Apone's helmet fits much better on him, tighter, looks better...

With Camo, he's got that Michael J Fox Casualties of War thing going on a bit, but if you tilt it he looks okay from several angles...

Thanks Josh, yeah this Hudson actually looks different from different angles. Les did a masterful job with him. His expression is what makes him for me...

pjam said:
Thanks Josh, yeah this Hudson actually looks different from different angles. Les did a masterful job with him. His expression is what makes him for me...

Yeah, it's funny... he looks genuinely scared there....

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, it's funny... he looks genuinely scared there....

From lower angles he looks more determined and with helmet on that will work great when the Warrior arrives. That was my thinking, give him that scared goofy "Want more of this?" expression. The expression also plays well with the other figs, for me Hud was all about expression, personality and this is what makes him stand out when posed with the others. :D

Can't wait to see him geared up with the Dark Artist armor artistry!

And yes Boys and girls "LOUISE" is completely spelled out on his chest plate!

Wow, I love your custom Apone and Hudson. I think I got that same head for my Apone with the cigar in his mouth. I got it from Lonnie Hale (eBay seller "tk570) on eBay. I got my custom Hudson head from cocoboloboy (Adam Falk) on this board. I hope my Hudson turns out even half as good as yours did "pjam"! I'm painting his head now. Here's a picture of the unpainted Hudson head I'm working on now.

JediMike71 said:
Wow, I love your custom Apone and Hudson. I think I got that same head for my Apone with the cigar in his mouth. I got it from Lonnie Hale (eBay seller "tk570) on eBay. I got my custom Hudson head from cocoboloboy (Adam Falk) on this board. I hope my Hudson turns out even half as good as yours did "pjam"! I'm painting his head now. Here's a picture of the unpainted Hudson head I'm working on now.

You sure you got that Hudson head from me Mike?:confused: :D

Woops...my mistake Adam! I actually got the custom Hudson head from Christ Chulumanas (spelling?) from EVA. He sells some of his custom U.S.C.M. stuff on eBay now. Here's a link to the unpainted head I have. Now, that I've figured out how to post pictures from photobucket with the help of a board member here.

Here's the link to the unpainted Hudson head:
https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/JediMike71/ALIENScustomresinheadforPFCHudsonBi.jpg

Here's another link to the unpainted Sgt. Apone head I got from Lonnie Hale:
https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z104/JediMike71/ALIENSSgtAponecustomheadfromLonnieH.jpg

Sorry I'm getting my eBay sellers mixed up!:confused:

I can't wait to get Vasquez from you soon! So is she ready for her long trip to me down here in Louisiana?

JediMike71 said:
Woops...my mistake Adam! I actually got the custom Hudson head from Christ Chulumanas (spelling?) from EVA. I can't wait to get Vasquez from you soon! So is she ready for her long trip to me down here in Louisiana?

Whew! Thought I was having those blackouts again. Never quite sure what I do during that time.:lol
Vas is ready for you. Did you ever figure out your picture posting problem?

Since no one has posted one yet. Here is my version of Hudson using Lonnie's Hudson head. I know there was some talk of the head lacking expression but IMHO it is by far the best likeness of Paxton. Very pleased with Lonnie's service too.
I am not very experienced at painting these heads (third one so far). How do you guys get your paint apps so smooth? I am using Liquitex paints and always end up with some brush marks.

Nice job! Use a little water to thin the paint and that should minimize the brush strokes. I agree about Lonnies sculpts. They are great, but a little rough. Sometimes it makes painting the eyes a *****.

Thanks! You said it about the eyes... Gonna try thinning out the paint next sculpt.

Hey, Lonnie's head does look great! (Aren't they Jim Mattox sculpts though?)
Anyway, I am not overly convinced that he looks like Hudson, but as later roles, dead on. I can see him in a suit and that hat from Predator 2....
Nice head Lonnie!
Getting one soon! I promise!

And P@ck@R@ck, love that....makes you think to spell it...try only using paint when it is the consistancy of ink. HARD to keep it that way, dries up on you constantly, you're always remixing...but well worth it!
And eyes...furgeddaboutit! You do need smooth rounded eyes to make them perfect. I have to touch up rough eyes when I get them. Add some drops of clear glosscoat to rough sculpted eyes BEFORE painting them and then try. It softens them up and rounds them some, so that your paints look better on them.

"All looks like simple tricks and nonsense to me!"

I think the frontline head is just a bit too filled out. Definitely looks like Paxton... but not so much Hudson.

It could probably tweaked to look more like Hudson, but it does look more like Detective Jerry Lambert in Pred 2. Now, if only we can find good Gary Busey and Danny Glover head sculpts to go with it we'd have at least three additional characters when HT's Pred 2 is released... Oh, right. Guess I really oughtta be posting this on the "other" thread. :D

Great to see all these re-paints and variations being posted! Working on tweaking my entire squad at the moment and waiting for some parts to complete my Bishop . Here's a couple of shots to be going on with .
RipleysRaiders002.jpg

RipleysRaiders005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back