ALIEN 3 Fetal Queen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Palisades has already been mentioned here, but could someone please post a Sideshow vs. Palisades picture? Doesn't anyone else think it's absolute crap that Sideshow is releasing a ripoff? Not only is it the same "character" (not a big deal), but it is the EXACT SAME POSE! Seriously, I love Sideshow, but that is just weak.

How are they getting away with this?

I know Palisades has already been mentioned here, but could someone please post a Sideshow vs. Palisades picture? Doesn't anyone else think it's absolute crap that Sideshow is releasing a ripoff? Not only is it the same "character" (not a big deal), but it is the EXACT SAME POSE! Seriously, I love Sideshow, but that is just weak.

How are they getting away with this?

This piece is actually from the same mold as the ADI piece used for promo shots and such for the movie. Palisades basically used this statue as the inspiration for their piece... so really this one from Sideshow is the original, Palisades released their version sooner lol!

pali_queenchestburster01.jpg

400018_press06-001.jpg

Alien 3 movie cover featuring the ADI piece (BEFORE Palisades issued theirs):

alien-3-movie-poster.jpg

This piece is actually from the same mold as the ADI piece used for promo shots and such for the movie. Palisades basically used this statue as the inspiration for their piece... so really this one from Sideshow is the original, Palisades released their version sooner lol!

Well, that makes sense! Objection withdrawn!!

I actually love the base so much more on the Palisades piece. Don't like very much about the new SS piece to be honest, so its a very easy pass for me. I hope they concentrate on releasing a new diorama in the alien line soon. Seriously, anything will do for me now. I just want to see a new diorama.

Oooo, especially if its a queen from Aliens!

:rolleyes:

This new Sideshow release inspires me to go out and buy the Palisades version.

Oh, and this is more proof of why AVP:R sucked so much.
THIS is a Queen, the Predalien is not.

I actually love the Sideshow piece and if I collected things like this I'd get it. I'm only into 1/6 and PFs though.

The SS piece is more accurate to the poster, but the palisades piece has some nice artisitc liberties.

For me one of the better Alien/Predator pieces from Sideshow in a long time.

I think this one looks cool But the Palisades one had so much more detail and i think if this is meant to be an embryo it should not be as big as the Sideshow one ?

I have an AP of the palisades piece and though I love it I am interested in this because it is much more accurate. Though it says that it is the one used on the poster, I have an alien 3 poster and it doesn't look 100% identical. I think I really need to see how it looks once people have it and take real in-hand photos.

Back