Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first post in a long time and all these posters make me want to cry because they aren't on my wall :banghead

giphy.gif

Forgot to post in here that this arrived this week. Took forever to get here but glad it did safe and sound. Now it'll get added to the pile that need to be framed. That's gonna take years.

View attachment 214933

That is stunning, absolutely lovely

Well, here's my baby! At the framers and on my wall. Looks crooked but that was just me, taking the photo like an idiot. Cost more than a PF to frame but worth it.

View attachment 215147View attachment 215148

WOW!!!
Not sure words can describe how awesome that looks, bet you are over the moon I know I would be.

Picked up a Stout AOU at NYCC today. They had them all.

Also picked up Paul Shipper's Star Wars TFA prints. The Rey is just gorgeous.

Nice pick ups man bet they look awesome

My mission is to one day own an Alamo Print...not sure when it will happen but one day!!

Scored the Evil Dead 2 Variant whoooh, talk about luck and a rush. so happy after many fails from my side on that site :blissy

WOW!!!
Not sure words can describe how awesome that looks, bet you are over the moon I know I would be.

My mission is to one day own an Alamo Print...not sure when it will happen but one day!!

Oh yes. I love it. Every time I see it on my wall I'm still in shock it's finally up and that it looks that beautiful. I am sure you'll get an Alamo print one day. Fingers crossed.

Picked up a Stout AOU at NYCC today. They had them all.

Also picked up Paul Shipper's Star Wars TFA prints. The Rey is just gorgeous.

I was there too and only managed to snag a variant. They sold out of the Regulars.

They managed that line HORRIBLY. Say what you will about Mondo, but when it comes to CON sales, they are extremely efficient and know how to get it done.

HCG had ONE guy (occasionally another guy at times, but he waded in and out of helping) managing a line of Stout sales that had well around 60-70 people in line. It took me two and a half hours to get my print. Not only was the guy processing sales, but he was also bagging the posters and the people in line were also buying other prints so each "sale" took about 5-10 min. per person. Very poorly organized. I even went up and suggested they should count their prints left and let people know so some of us weren't waiting for so long. They did that very haphazardly. They should've had the Stout line ONLY for Stouts and told people to go to their "other" line (which basically had no one) for additional prints.

That is surprisingly cause they finally got their **** together at SDCC.

Well sometime between SDCC and NYCC they lost it again.

Most of the staff was catering to their artists (like Craig Drake I think?) they had signing stuff and the crowd around them. Some of the staff had time to BS and take photos instead of helping move the line. Which was TINY (roughly about 6-8 people at a time) in comparison to the Stout line. They also did ineffective things like tried to get you to sign into your HCG account before a sale and eventually they ditched that. Also, instead of setting up an "assembly line" to move Stout sales like Mondo does, they had one guy running the line of 60-70 people like I mentioned before. Mondo works a line well by running down the line, swiping sales, giving you a ticket and moving you along quickly and efficiently. HCG just had people wait and wait and wait and did nothing to ease the line or speed the sales up. They even let their one guy handle the line and barely helped him.

They need to work on it better. Hopefully they're reading this.

I don't think Hero Complex is set up for this kind of operation

It's not hard to do. Mondo figured it out easily and in fact, HCG could've done it right on the spot by having more help for running the Stout line. Everyone else was just sort of wading around and helping the artist sales rather than addressing the large line in front of them.

One line for stoute, One line for everything else.

Multiple peeps for the Stoute line and one for the rest.

Maybe next year LOL.

Back