Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, glad I can represent for the Sideshow gang. Scored a Horkey TWBB on drop day. I consider it a miracle. Woot!

Sorry to hear so many people here missed.

That makes two of us :hi5: Anyone willing to trade for Stout LTROI? :D

Just out of curiosity, what shipping carrier does Mondo use these days? I remember it used to be FedEx, then it was USPS. Has that changed again?

Snagged the reg sof. I also really wanted The Thing. :( Hoping I can maybe just trade the sof for a print I REALLY want somewhere down the road. Either way I'm definitely happy with at least getting the one. White Zombie sold out while I was checking out. :(

Today I attempted to secure one of The Thing prints. I haven't bothered even attempting a mondo poster drop in over a year, because I don't care for their business practices and I hate the overwhelming number of flippers they seemingly encourage. It makes me sick to see what is surely a third of any given run of prints on eBay for outrageous prices the same afternoon as a sell out. However I was so deeply impressed with this new The Thing print, that I decided to ignore my better judgement and try my luck.

At 8 am I'm on mondotees.com. Refreshing the page literally every fifteen to thirty seconds, with my credit card information already copied and ready to paste. I did this for over an hour. I am not exaggerating. Around 9:05 am I began to worry. It should have been up by now, but the new prints still weren't showing. All I was seeing were the old prints. So on a whim I decided to stray from the main page, and clicked the "shop" link. There I discovered that all of the new prints were in fact up, added alongside the old ones, and my gorgeous Thing print was sold out. Just like that. About two minutes later they updated the main page with previews of the new prints, all labeled as "sold out!"
Yeah. So, basically I was refreshing the wrong page all morning. Back when I scored The Bride of Frankenstein, Blade II, and both Hellboy prints, this same strategy worked for me. I just kept refreshing the home page every few seconds until they were up. I guess between now and then they've gotten even lazier and can't be bothered to update the home page in addition to the "shop" page. I couldn't possibly feel more ripped off right now.

Long story short, I was quit when I logged in to mondo this morning. I'm twice as quit now.

Long story short, I was quit when I logged in to mondo this morning. I'm twice as quit now.

I didn't read your entire post, because I've witnessed enough mayhem in the Mondo thread to serve a lifetime. But this? This quote right here? It sure caught my attention.

Bravo! :exactly:

Today I attempted to secure one of The Thing prints. I haven't bothered even attempting a mondo poster drop in over a year, because I don't care for their business practices and I hate the overwhelming number of flippers they seemingly encourage. It makes me sick to see what is surely a third of any given run of prints on eBay for outrageous prices the same afternoon as a sell out. However I was so deeply impressed with this new The Thing print, that I decided to ignore my better judgement and try my luck.

At 8 am I'm on mondotees.com. Refreshing the page literally every fifteen to thirty seconds, with my credit card information already copied and ready to paste. I did this for over an hour. I am not exaggerating. Around 9:05 am I began to worry. It should have been up by now, but the new prints still weren't showing. All I was seeing were the old prints. So on a whim I decided to stray from the main page, and clicked the "shop" link. There I discovered that all of the new prints were in fact up, added alongside the old ones, and my gorgeous Thing print was sold out. Just like that. About two minutes later they updated the main page with previews of the new prints, all labeled as "sold out!"
Yeah. So, basically I was refreshing the wrong page all morning. Back when I scored The Bride of Frankenstein, Blade II, and both Hellboy prints, this same strategy worked for me. I just kept refreshing the home page every few seconds until they were up. I guess between now and then they've gotten even lazier and can't be bothered to update the home page in addition to the "shop" page. I couldn't possibly feel more ripped off right now.

Sorry to hear you missed it. They changed the site at some point to where the items go up on the actual poster page, not the homepage. It was really difficult anyway. I consider myself a veteran at Mondo, and it's be almost impossible lately. I really wanted this one badly, but it was to no avail.

I didn't read your entire post, because I've witnessed enough mayhem in the Mondo thread to serve a lifetime. But this? This quote right here? It sure caught my attention.

Bravo! :exactly:

Ha, thank you. I'm glad you appreciated it. :hi5:

Sorry to hear you missed it. They changed the site at some point to where the items go up on the actual poster page, not the homepage. It was really difficult anyway. I consider myself a veteran at Mondo, and it's be almost impossible lately. I really wanted this one badly, but it was to no avail.

I wish I'd have known. I didn't even stand a fighting chance, watching the wrong page. :slap It wasn't meant to be, I guess.
I'm sorry to hear that you missed it, as well. It really was a nice print. Do you think you'll cave and fork over the extra cash on eBay, or are you going to peacefully let it go?

Also, thanks again for the shipping info a page back. I might not have needed it after all, but I appreciate the help nonetheless. :wave

Ha, thank you. I'm glad you appreciated it. :hi5:

I wish I'd have known. I didn't even stand a fighting chance, watching the wrong page. :slap It wasn't meant to be, I guess.
I'm sorry to hear that you missed it, as well. It really was a nice print. Do you think you'll cave and fork over the extra cash on eBay, or are you going to peacefully let it go?

Also, thanks again for the shipping info a page back. I might not have needed it after all, but I appreciate the help nonetheless. :wave

Not a problem. I'm happy to help.

I'm not giving up yet. The artist might sell his allotted copies and I'll go for one of those. They're more expensive, but usually not as high as ebay prices.

Anyone looking to purchase this poster? I've realized I don't have the space to hang it anymore. Shoot me a PM if interested. :wave

shaun-of-the-dead-jock-mondo-poster-variant.jpeg

I'm still waiting for them to do a vinyl I would actually listen to. It's sad because I love Poltergeist but I didn't buy the vinyl because I don't care for the tunes. Now if they could do something like Sucker Punch...I know I would buy 2. Or Avengers, Iron Man, etc.

Back